Visitor

port numbers

hello,

i am usually problem free but this one has me snuffled. i have just set up comcast phone after using vonage for most of four years. i can not send or recieve mail. my internet connection ip number reverts to169.xxx.xxx.xxx

i need pop3 port number and smtp port number.

someone please help

Fred

Email Expert
JR071702

Re: port numbers

Please refer to the e-mail client settings detailed in this post and adjust your settings as necessary.

JR

Regular Problem Solver
cjortega

fredabel wrote:

hello,

i am usually problem free but this one has me snuffled. i have just set up comcast phone after using vonage for most of four years. i can not send or recieve mail. my internet connection ip number reverts to169.xxx.xxx.xxx

i need pop3 port number and smtp port number.

someone please help

Fred

Your problem is not with the email function, but rather with the lack of a proper internet connection.

Describe your system, modem(s), router, etc, and one of the experts will be able to help you trouble shoot the problem.

--
Claude
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

IP addresses that start with 169. indicate you have an invalid IP address. I found this out 2 weeks ago when I was dealing with a router issue.

Read THIS ARTICLE:How to change a 169 IP Address, Try the steps to see if you can resolve your issue.

Please post back with the results. If it doesn't work, a connection expert can assist you further.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Connection Expert
EG

[ Edited ]

Reset the modem using the recessed reset button on the rear. You'll need something like a pen or a bent paper clip. Depress and hold the button in until the indicator lights begin to flicker, then release. Any joy now ?