New Visitor
jmar76

speedtest.comcast.net and ipv6...

Hello, I'm a new user and a relative novice to technical things but I just had a general question that I thought maybe someone could answer.  I have Comcast internet and I've heard alot in the last few years about the rollout of ipv6, and I noticed that when I check my download and upload speeds on speedtest.comcast.net, it was showing up with icons for both ipv4 and ipv6 when it gives results up until a few weeks ago, all of a sudden it only says ipv4 when I get the results.  Would this have been a result of something I may have done accidentally on my end and not realized it or is it just an issue with the site?  Because I tried multiple servers and none of them are saying ipv6 anymore when I run the test.  Thanks to anyone who can help :smileyhappy:

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: speedtest.comcast.net and ipv6...

Hello,

You can go to the following site to test if you have a ipv6.

test-ipv6.comcast.net

Bronze Problem Solver
Jim721

Working ok here in Detroit area. ipv4 and ipv6

Official Employee
ComcastTuska

jmar76 wrote:

Because I tried multiple servers and none of them are saying ipv6 anymore when I run the test.  Thanks to anyone who can help :smileyhappy:

I check the CMTS that services your area and it supports v6.  What cable modem and router are you using?

Senior Network Engineer, Comcast
v6 Project
Recognized Contributor
Andrew32

Does sound to me as a router issue. I do know sometimes if my modem gets reset, I have to go in to my router settings and refresh those settings.

New Visitor
jmar76

ComcastTuska,

I am using the Motorola Surfboard 6141 and the Netgear R6300.  Thanks very much for your help with this.

New Visitor
jmar76

Andrew32,

Thanks very much for the suggestion, that's what I've been thinking too although I wasn't sure because I knew when I set the router up I never actually manipulated the settings in the router for ipv6 so I didn't think doing a firmware upgrade and hard resetting would cause this issue, but with technology I guess anything's possible lol.