New Visitor
AlannTenn

Another 'Charging me for my own modem' - CLASS ACTION LITIGATION?

New to the comcast forums, and I discover that mine is not a new issue, but a consistent problem.

I also received a 'we've not been charging you for your comcast modem' form letter. After a 37 minute experience with customer service, I was DIRECTED to take my modem to the nearest service center (an hour away) for verification.

I have had this same account for over fifteen years, have made no recent changes, and have ALWAYS provided my own modem. Since day one.

So, what mistake has caused this error? Or maybe it's not an error after all, maybe comcast benefits from using what must be MILLION$, without paying interest, for as many months as it takes to 'resolve' the error?

Other than this ... my standard "60% packet loss" connection that cannot be made better ... and the parasitic power load of my four digital TV interface boxes, I am a happy customer.

Oh, did I forget to mention how I love the way those clap-trap little converter boxes look hanging down the wall of my sleek new wall mounted flat-screens?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Another 'Charging me for my own modem' - CLASS ACTION LITIGATION?

why do you have analog boxes on flat panel screens?

New Visitor
AlannTenn

Re: Another 'Charging me for my own modem' - CLASS ACTION LITIGATION?

They're digital, not analog.

Part of the comcast "digital migration", and necessary for receiving TV signals.