Visitor

Blast Plus Package - HBO

I recently upgraded from Performance Internet servce to a Blast Plus package includes Digital Economy TV. The offer included HBO for 24 months - hence my reason to upgrade. Upon activation, I discovered there was no HBO. I called and was told by the rep that the package did not include HBO at all. She double-checked with her supervisor of course. I then chatted with someone online who said that she checked my area's promos and found HBO free for six months. Then she said she found the promo that I had seen and would create a service ticket to have it corrected. I would be contacted back.

After a day and a half, I chatted with another rep who checked and could not find that particular service ticket. Round two - HBO is not included, but he could give me three free months. I asked for some local office details. Called the local number and was put into the general southeast asia call line.

Can anything be accomplished by showing up at the local office? I just want want was advertised.

Bronze Problem Solver
cjerian

Re: Blast Plus Package - HBO

Bronze Problem Solver
cjerian

Does my screenshot of the recent webpage help you?

Visitor

Thanks - that is indeed the offer. You and I can find it, but apparently Comcast reps cannot. I will persevere . . .

Regular Contributor
jj97403

I guess your recourse would be the 30 day money-back-guarantee to cancel. If my memory serves correctly, I think comcast has this.

New Visitor
E_and_V

I'm a new customer having the same issue.  This was last month's promotion and Comcast doesn't want to seem to honor it.  Apparrently you are out of luck if a service rep makes a mistake with your order and if you make the order at the end of the month you are truly screwed.  Comcast call center doesn't seem to have access to the same sales that Comcast internet does - so it is a waste of time to call them.  It's a marketing bait and switch and companies have been sued for less.  Right now though, some packages online have "HBO Xfinity & Streampix included for 24 months" so don't miss out!  ;-P  Sheesh.. it doesn't end.   

New Visitor
MelWeb

Bah! I was just about to call them on this.  I took a screen shot of the deal because I KNEW they would mess it up. I wanted to wait until I was billed to see if they did.  And of COURSE they didn't give me the deal. I'm calling tonight to complain or try to get at least A deal from them. 

Comcast, you kind of suck!

New Visitor
Cutter10

I had the same issue.  I ordered online the Blast Plus Service with 24 months of HBO and when I got to the end of the ordering process I was informed I would have to finish the deal through a chat session.  Sure enough, the chat representative had no knowledge of the 24 months of HBO.  I told her I was ordering it online until I was forced to go into chat at the end of the transaction.  She informed me she would need to escalate it.  Of course I argued that it shouldn't be something that needed to be escalated, it's right there on the website.  To make a long story short, three days later their customer service called me and said they could not (or would not) honor the offer and I could receive 6 months of HBO instead.  Needless to say I was livid. On top of that, when I called customer service back to make another attempt to fix this problem, my HBO offer was now only 3 months.  So it went from 24 months to 3 months--incredible.   I have never seen a company to so blatently lie to their customers, give them the runaround and get away with it.  Why hasn't the management or CEO been held accountable for these shady practices? Give me a break.  

New Visitor
Dgiesey

I have the same issue.  A rep called me to upgrade to the Blast Plus Package w/ HBO for 24 months and just like everyone else on this post they are saying they won't honor it.  It's criminal that this company feels no obligation to honor it's stated offers.  I'm taking advantage of the 30 day cancelation! I highly recommnend that everyone else does the same.  It's a capitalistic economy and you need to vote with your $$$. It's the only voice that matters.

New Visitor
smmulligan

I had the same issue!  I was offered a promo as an internet-only customer (I recently canceld my digital economy package because I never watched it) that was only seven dollars more than what I was paying for internet alone.  The way it was spoken about on the phone seemed very enticing and I was told I would have HBO streaming.  I just received the equipment, installed it, and realized it's the exact package that I just cancelled a couple of months ago!  I spent over a half an hour on Comcast chat and got nowhere.  I'm very disappointed with this; it has been such a waste of my time! 

New Visitor
MDes

I had the same issue. We had only internet for 29.99. Someone called me from Comcast, and offered me 2 yrs free HBO, with al premium channels on TV, and free setup box for only 44.99. I signed up, and I got no HBO or no premium channels. When I called comcast, the representative had no clue, and forwarded me to her manager. This lady was very rude, and said there was no such package.

When I asked her to put me back on my old plan, she said she didn't have my old plan, and I would have to pay 49.99 for only internet. 20 bucks more than what I was paying for same feature, and all because comcast scammed me.

I had to terminate my contract with comcast.

New Visitor
Meson3902

A little over a month ago I signed up for the Blast Plus package. A Few days later I noticed that I was unable to get HBO. I went online and initiated a chat session with a representative. She stated that she could not assist me but added HBO for 30 days and I would have to call in to get it fixed. On my next bill I was charged for a service change fee and HBO subscription.

I called in and spent an hour online trying to assist the representative in navigating the Comcast site. He couldn’t see the section highlighted below. He kept offering free HBO for six months while I kept insisting that I wanted the issue fixed so I wouldn’t have to do this every six months. Finally, after a while I just gave up and told him to do it and that I would just cancel everything in six months.

http://www.screencast.com/t/45sUnks6

New Visitor
osurferx

This is still going on.  I clicked on a link that said HBO is included (no 24 month limit), but when I went to check out, the chat lady said no such plan exists.  This is fraud.  

Contributor
Mikekij

[ Edited ]

I kept getting calls about it (at first I wasn't sure they were real and when i finally wanted to do business, they only called during the time I said NOT to call). So I called into comcast directly about the offer because it was supposed to be $10 more than what I was paying for the first 6 months of performance at $29.99 which is cheaper than my now $44.99 (the 6 month increase) for faster speed internet, TV, and HBO, but they said there is nothing they can do its all up to the telemarketing department and if you don't take an offer when they call (and sound like they are some random person taking your information) you lose out... even though I got like 50 calls just all during inconvenient times and with no voicemail or callback. So I went online and the only offer I see is for $69.99 (sometimes with, sometimes without HBO), I thought I would at least check it out and see if I could get a discount in the checkout or something, but when I click on it I have to log back in and when I do the offer disappears despite it showing good until 12/31/2013. Its like the promotions are there for new customers to make them think further down the line they can continue to have good deals even though they wont....

Contributor
rowdy3

Same thing happening to me, only the added hassle of having no tv for 4 days so far.  They aren't sending a tech out to flip some switch, and no order to do so shows up on my account. Calling just gets me a busy signal or a hang-up on their end. I'm sure when I refuse to pay for these days with no service there will be even more hours of hassle. There is no choice but Comcast or DSL (2 Mbps) at my house so I'm stuck being scammed..

New Visitor
timcustomer

This just about happened to me as well.  I got the runaround after upgrading to Blast Plus and finding HBO wasn't on.  Eventually I spoke with the Customer Satisfaction Team or something like that.  Lashonda I believe.  She added it to my account right away, though the HBO Go part doesn't seem to be working yet.

New Visitor
tpoltron

Comcast is screwing me over on this promotion as well. On Oct 1 I phoned to cancel my Xfinity Internet since AT&T was finally rolling out U-verse in my neighborhood with a tempting $49 internet plus TV offer. The Comcast 'Loyalty' representative to whom I was speaking offered me Blast Plus Internet plus Digital Starter TV including StreamPix, HBO and HBO Go for $49.99 rising to $79.95 after 12 months. I'd read about unfulfilled Comcast promises here so I confirmed twice, very explicitly if HBO and HBO Go were included and your representative said yes. On November 2 when I finally got everything connected, there was no HBO and Comcast support said it was not part of my package. I said to cancel and a loyalty rep said 'all I the system will let me do is give you HBO for 6 months' (even though he implied that if the original loyalty rep had make a specific note re HBO in the system he could). I am very angry and disappointed by Comcast's deceitful practices.
Visitor

Since I started this thread - and keep getting notices when someone adds to it - I feel compelled to share my experience. After being out of town for a weekend, I went to a small local office all set to complain up and down about the disappearing HBO offer. The rep pulled up my account and showed me that HBO was indeed added on while I was gone. He said that he had signed up a lot of people to the same package with no problems.

I'm guessing that the solution is to stay away from online or phone  options to try to solve any problems.

New Visitor
tpoltron

On November 6 I wrote to the office of Tom Karinshak, Senior Vice President of Customer Experience at Comcast via their webpage:
http://www.comcast.com/customers/feedback/default.cspx

Two days later I got a call with the same old b.s. - 'all we can do is add HBO for 6 months'.
Liars with deceitful business practices.

New Visitor
tpoltron

I filed a BBB complaint and after emailing it to the last Comcast rep, they escalated it to 'Executive Support' (Tier 3). On Sat Nov 9, I received a call from Tracy A. and she heard me out and said that she would 'pul the recording of the call' and get back to me in a couple days. On Tue Nov 12 she did and said that the agent did say HBO was included and did not mention any time limit so they have included it for the 24 months of the contract and I am satisfied. Interestingly the Tier 2 rep I spoked to a week earlier said 'there was no record of what the original rep promised me' so he could not do anything.

New Visitor

The same thing is happening to us now. We had Comcast Internet only. On Tuesday Comcast telemarketer called and offered Blast Plus which she said included 85 channels including HBO and faster internet. We watch cable news every night so we had her read all the channels to make sure MSNBC was included. Guy comes on Thursday. We have everything. Come home from work Friday try to turn on cable news.... Wham No MSNBC? Hubby calls they say give us 30 minutes to fix...a few channels were added back but not all. So we figure it is taking longer than expected. Wake up this morning, no MHP....call and the guy says we just have Economy plus free HBO for a year. Really, my 3 year old knows Rev, Al, Chris Matthews, etc....there is no way on earth we would have bought a package with no cable news....this is the typical bait n switch. I am going back to Direct TV ASAP.
Bronze Star Contributor
wchillman

The number of complaints in this forum about Comcast’s shenanigans is really disconcerting. It reinforces our approach with this company and that is to pare your services down to only the essential ones and avoid any communication with them. We have great TV as well as internet service for $49.95 a month and autopay this amount. It’s worked quite well for a few years now. I’ve posted about it elsewhere on the Comcast site but you can click on this link to read more…

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/WE-WANT-NETFLIX-SUPER-HD/td-p/1691409

New Visitor
sybergeek

Same Bait and Switch case with me...

Today I filed BBB complaint against Comcast. 

In my case I already had Blast+ Internet. Sales Rep called me a month back to add Digital Starter Package with 80 Channels with HD with free HBO for 2 years in $XX/mo. I was told no other charges whatsoever on top of this (No Shipping, No Handling charge, No Charges for Starter Kit and self installation, No equipment, No equipment charges and no Other charges/fees) except Govt Tax+Fees. 

How I was cheated :-

1. Had to pay $15 Self install ( Didn't tell me before )

2. Received basic box (I had told them I need HD channels which is must)

3. Exchanged basic box with HD Box from Comcast store, I was told $10/more for HD service (which was never told to me)

4. Got Economy package (with 40 channels) instead of Offered Digital Starter package (80 Channels)

5. Called Comcast and they told to get Digital Starter package, I would need to pay $10 more. 

6. Finally, I was told by their Customer Loyalty Dept that Sales Rep made "Mistake" while giving offer/pricing and they can't do anything for that.. !!! (Surprising that Sales people make such mistakes every time and every other Sales Rep makes same "mistake". Do they learn to make same "mistake" from same school ?)

Bait & Switch :  One time $15 for Self Install Kit + $20/mo additional than what was promised/offered. 

Lets fight a bigger battle... This is not just to get $10-20 back, but to let Comcast know that they can no longer take customers for granted and fool Customers anymore. 

Is there any FB page or Twitter account which represents voice of Comcast Customers who are victimized ? "Together We Can"....

References :-

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Customer-Service/Bait-and-Switch/td-p/1449287
http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Billing/Blast-Plus-Package-HBO/td-p/1573429
http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Customer-Service/Buyer-Beware-Blast-Plus-promo/td-p/1545595
http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Customer-Service/Online-Offers-Not-Honored/td-p/1346033
http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Customer-Service/Why-do-you-offer-the-Blast-Plus-package-if/td-p/134676...

New Visitor
cynovenky

Hi All,

I got a call from the Comcast rep two months back and i was told about this Blast Plus Package - HBO. The Rep explained me so many offers like with 79.95 i would 144 + channels(like HBO, CNN,TBS etc). After a long talk i got convinced like to take this offer. Already i have  internet package with $49  and he told he will apply and upgrade to this new 79.95 TV + internet package.

i got all these 144 + channels until Apr 21st. I also got an email stating i have subscribed to Basic limited channel tier.and system has added the additional channels by error.

I called to Another CSR today and she was explaining me about all the information again to me and said that it was a mistake and error in the sytem. and she can she only the current package that iam subscribed. Also she told that she dont have any control on those promo offers.

I asked her to remove the TV channel plan and have internet.In that case i will be cancelled on the TV bu the internet remain on the same amount. This is ridiculous and made me to feel that Iam cheated.

She provided me an another offer to upgrade from basic limited tier to economy tier which has 40 + channels.

Now with no options to cancel and remove my internet i was forced to accept that new offer and upgraded to new economy tier.

I felt very dejected. i would like to share one thing here.

We as a customer see comcast as a single business providing us different services. Inside the comcast each service department behave differently.

This promo should have been stopped and should have been notified to everone in the comcast members.the false promise makes will make the users to depart themselves with Comcast.

The CSR to whom i spoke told me that for this package how u can expect 144 channels and asked e to subscribe to that tier to get the benefits.Dont expect the lower package to have higher benefits.

This made me to feel as if i was demanding her to get my offer.

Its COMCAST Team who provided this offer and its their responsibility to take care of the users.

I request COMCAST higher officials not to do like these kind of false promotional offers to the offers.

This will impact the comcast business may not today but in the future.

Thanks,

Venkat

New Visitor
luda3000

ONLINE EXCLUSIVE!

Your promotional rate is about to expire.
Act now to lock in this limited time offer. Your promotional rate is about to expire.
Act now to lock in this offer.

Blast!® Plus & HBO

$69 99/mo
2-year agreement

Call 1-855-566-1415 to get this offer today

We are excited to share this exclusive offer with you, our valued subscriber. Take advantage of this deal today, and continue to enjoy the Blast® Plus speeds you need to:

• Game in real-time
  • Download HD movies
  • Connect all the devices

I received the  email above  and the second  day in a row I am trying to lock this limited time offer!!!

Nobody  can locate the offfer!!! I am calling 1855-566-1415

Please help to contact the right phone number