Contributor
Messyden

CHARGING FOR UNRETURNED EQUIPMENT WHEN YOU STILL HAVE THE EQUIPMENT

MY BILL IS NOT UP TO 700 FOR UNRETURNED EQUIPMENT I STILL HAVE IN MY HOUSE.  TECH REPORTED I KEPT ALL THE SAME EQUIPMENT BUT BILLING WON'T REMOVE CHARGE DESPITE THREE 30 MINUTE LONG CONVERSATIONS TO THE NON-ENGLISH SPEAKING ALLEGED CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS THEY HAVE WORKING FOR THEM.  I AM NOT CALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE ANYMORE FILING COMPLIANT WITH THE STATE.

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: CHARGING FOR UNRETURNED EQUIPMENT WHEN YOU STILL HAVE THE EQUIPMENT

Your post makes no sense. Unlock the caps key and try again.
Contributor
Messyden

The Board of utilities understood the complaint I filed and are investigating. It obviously hasn't happen to you, so what is not to understand?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

What is not to understand coming from a second person reading your post is it makes no sense.  What exaclty is your issue and what are you complaiing about. Remember one thing here we are all just customers like you, and if we can't understand what you post neither can anyone in any authority at comcast.   The mods here can escalate your issue to someone at comcast but if you dont articulate you're issue that will not happen.   If you post in all caps that implies SCREAMING and is not taken well by other customers who are trying to help or assist you with your issue. 

Regular Contributor
CS2010

[ Edited ]

Actually, HIS POST MAKES COMPLETE SENSE.  HIS CAPS MEAN HE IS ANGRY. Your inability to recognize that, coupled with your title of "Cable Expert" leads me to suspect you are just another shill for Comcast.  And if you work for Comcast, then no one can trust what you say, anyway.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

only people who's names appear in red work for comcast everyone else is just a volunteer try to help those when comcast can't.

New Visitor
dixieleigh

I understand completely I am going through the same thing with many calls to customer service billing etc.  I have a charge for unreturned equipment that I to am still using so yes why should we be paying a unreturned fee makes no sense to me and they refuse to remove it from my bill I am to the point the will get it back and I will take my business to direct TV

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

We do understand that you are frustrated and angry. Using caps is fine to emphasize something here and there.

Using ALL caps actually makes it harder to read a post. Some people see a post in all caps and keep going. They won't read them.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Regular Contributor

I understan his post..... tell me if I am wrong.....

He/She is saying that his bill is now up to $700 due to charges of unreturned equipment that he still has along with the fact that tech support reported they he still has the equipment they still won't remove unreturned equipment charges.

His caps are understandable seeing as how he has tried to get this problem resolved several times and no one is doing anything about it.

Contributor
Messyden

I filed a complaint with the Board of Utilities and I too like you are about to return the equipment and make them deliver all new equipment.  COMCAST SUCKS!!!

Contributor
Messyden

Thank you...someone finally understands...I hear Comcast is hiring, they could use a few good workers...

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

BEFORE you return the equipment write down any numbers on the box. Better, take a picture of them. Make sure they can be clearly seen in the photo.

When you return the equipment get a receipt. Check the numbers on the receipt against numbers you noted.

The equipment numbers and the numbers they have on file should match up.

More about that receipt:

When your equipment is picked up or turned in, GET A RETURNED EQUIPMENT RECEIPT. Make sure it documents that what you returned is a modem or tv boxes. If there are any stickers with serial or MAC numbers, make sure those numbers are on the receipt. Keep the receipt in a safe place, don't forget where you put it. Keep it until the middle of the next century. In the past, Comcast has billed customers for equipment that had been returned. Sometimes they lose track of the equipment and the receipt will be your proof that you turned it in to Comcast.

If you ship the equipment to Comcast, record tracking numbers. Keep those numbers in a safe place. You will need them later if Comcast bills you for the equipment.
You can also check the status of shipped items on the delivery company webpage. When you see it was delivered, print screen the delivery status. UPS also offers Track By Email. Use that option. You'll be notified when it is delivered. Save the email-again this will be proof it was received by Comcast.

Print out the delivery confirmation (if your computer crashes and you lose the info the print out will be your proof of return) This should also be kept in a safe place where you can get to it if needed.
I know from experience that having the receipts can save you a lot of headaches. I was able to pull out my receipts when a collection agency notified me I owed for Comcast equipment that had been returned.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Regular Contributor

If they will let me work from home on my computer, I would be glad to help people with any problems that I can.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

rhondasag wrote:

If they will let me work from home on my computer, I would be glad to help people with any problems that I can.

If WHO would let you work at home on your computer?

Contributor
Messyden

Hey they must have finally gotten the message…my account was credited about an hour ago.  Not dismissing complaint filed with Board of Utilities until an investigation is done in to how and why they get away with FRAUD.

New Visitor
laytonian

[ Edited ]

This STILL makes no sense.

You said you NOT were being charged for UNRETURNED equipment that was STILL IN YOUR HOME.

"MY BILL IS NOT UP TO 700 FOR UNRETURNED EQUIPMENT I STILL HAVE IN MY HOUSE."

Why didn't you return the equipment?

Why are you complaining about NOT being charged $700?

Good luck with the Board of Utilities.  

Regular Contributor

The poster of this complaint said that "he/she heard that comcast is hiring.... they could use a few good people like me that understand" so I made that comment in reply

I was talking about if Comcast would