New Visitor
AdyFam

CHSI Pro Install Fee?

So after the rates went up, we called Comcast to adjust our services and try and get our bill down, because $185 a month is crazy. After speaking to a rep named Robert, we were told that if we signed another contract our bill would now be $40 less per month and that nothing else would change. Great! But then our bill came, and while all of the correct debits/credits showed up for the mid-cycle change, we were charged a $50 CHSI Pro Install Fee. Um, we didn't have anyone come out and do anything. The only contact we have had with Comcast in the last few months was the one phone call that lasted like 15 minutes. And there was never any disclosure about a $50 fee. Anyone have any idea what this is?

I guess we've gotten pretty lucky, because this is the first issue we've ever had with Comcast. Our service has run pretty smoothly for the last 2 years and we've never had any customer service/billing issues until now. If we had known there would be a $50.00 fee associated with this, we never would have agreed to the new contract until we shopped around first.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: CHSI Pro Install Fee?

call comcast and ask for billing and explain it.

New Visitor
AdyFam

Re: CHSI Pro Install Fee?

That's what I'm planning to do when they're open tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone knew what it was or had been charged this fee at the time a contract was renewed.