Regular Contributor

Cancel and resubscribe new household member to stay on promotions

I won't be surprised if this is deleted. When your promotional period is up, you can cancel and have a different household member sign up as a new customer and get the latest promotions available to new customers. I believe if you cancel you're considered a new customer after 6 months. So every time a promotional period ends, just cancel and have a different household member sign up as a new customer and they'll be eligible for the current new customer promotions. Keep switching back and forth between two household members every 6 months to stay on the better promotions. Since Comcast plays their games, the customers need to play theirs too.

Email Expert
madylarian

Re: Cancel and resubscribe new household member to stay on promotions

alex179 wrote:

I won't be surprised if this is deleted. When your promotional period is up, you can cancel and have a different household member sign up as a new customer and get the latest promotions available to new customers. I believe if you cancel you're considered a new customer after 6 months. So every time a promotional period ends, just cancel and have a different household member sign up as a new customer and they'll be eligible for the current new customer promotions. Keep switching back and forth between two household members every 6 months to stay on the better promotions. Since Comcast plays their games, the customers need to play theirs too.

I have a feeling this won't work if the accounts are at the same address.  And then there's the fact that you'll lose all of your email addresses from one account to the next.  And you'll have to return all of the equipment, too.  Do you think no one ever thought of this trick before?  Or did you think they wouldn't notice?

Oh yes, what makes you think Comcast is the only company that offers introductory promotional pricing?

mady

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Bronze Problem Solver
UHFhd

[ Edited ]

Seems many customers are upset with comcasts pricing structure.  I'm sure if there was a site for these other company's who offer promotional pricing there would also be just as many complaints . Change the pricing structure and concentrate on training CSRs and replacing  antiquated infrastructure  . Then they would not have to battle with AT&T @ who's the worst provider .         

Regular Contributor

It works according to the posts on slickdeals, a deal forum, of other customers. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Email Expert
madylarian

alex179 wrote:

It works according to the posts on slickdeals, a deal forum, of other customers. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Well, if you read it on the internet it must be true.

mady

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

[ Edited ]

Give it a try. Then post back and let us know if it works.

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Microsoft MVP, Consumer Security, 2005-2014
Regular Contributor

I trust the senior, reputable members of slickdeals more than I trust the biased opinion of anybody here. I don't have to try it myself because I get my promotions extended every six months or I'd be gone as a customer. I'm not going to bother debating this. Maybe some customers will try this after reading this and they can post.

Contributor
rwbil

Doesn't comcast now charge an Early Termination Fee.  So you would have to either keep the service for 2years.  Also there is activation and probably bogus other fees.  But even with all that it should save you money, because Comcast completely rips off their existing customers.  Even though comcast will try and talk about other companies that offer new customer deals, the fact is that 95% of companies offer their best pricing to existing customers.  I am in real estate and if the contractor I deal with offered some new customer a better rate than I pay as a loyal customer, I would fire them immediately. 

Administrator
ComcastLarry

-

Please, I would advise to try and call back when your promotion has ended. We do value our customers and I'm sure something could be done instead of changing household members.

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Regular Contributor

If Comcast cared about their current customers and gave long time customers "competitive pricing" after the promotion period ended, do you really think anyone would start a thread like this? Also, just because other cable companies do promotion periods does not make it right. The average Comcast bill goes up at least 50% after the promotion period ends if not more.

If anyone has any doubts about how Comcast treats current customers go to the Comcast does not care about existing customers thread.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

Comcast does cares about their customers this is how we can offer "competitive pricing." We have many different types of packages for all types of customer. If you had an expired promotion it may be possible to get another promotion.

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Contributor
rwbil

I called and got transferred to their retention department.  They dropped my bill by $15.00 for a year.  No where near as good as what they are offering new clients, but better than nothing.  I wanted to upgrade my service from Digital Starter to Digital Preferred, but they would not offer me any discount on that. 

New Visitor
tvlover63

That is great unless you are by yourself in your household.  I would love to do that.  I think it is also ridiculous that people have to do that kind of thing who are current customers with good standing rather than be rewarded for their loyalty and being a customer.

New Visitor
tvlover63

As a customer who is repeatedly calling because my bill increases without my knowledge,  must disagree with what you are saying.  Unless I do what I dislike doing and yell, scream, and act like a fool all the while threatening and meaning it - to cancel my service, I don't get anything changed.  

You are definitely WRONG, Comcast does NOT care about its customer base and needs to!!

New Visitor
Yonks35803

The reason that comcast doesn't care about it's current customers is because the government has allowed them to have a monopoly on cable tv/internet in most areas. There is no competition. That's why they don't care, and just to let you know, you don't have to have another customer sign up. You can cancel and sign up the next day and get promotional rates for new customer. Been there.. done that.. About to do it again... or i'll just swap to someone else for a promotional deal. Oh and as for the coment on e-mail's being lost and having new accounts. That's an easy one. Try gmail.com. Welcome to the future lulz....

Recognized Contributor
MissyLaneous

C'mon folks ... you seriously think that a HUGE corporation like Comcast isn't wise to the cat/mouse games, such as "having another family member sign up", and/or disconnecting/restarting service? 

It's games like those proposed that make it hard for the rest of us honest folks to get a promotion or discount with Comcast

For the record AND as a senior on a fixed income, I don't like the Comcast rate increases either.  Dishonesty has a way of biting one in the backside sooner or later.  Good luck with the "games".

ab0622

Larry, I find that interesting as I just tried to contact customer service over my rate going up and was told there was "nothing they could do."  My service has been terrible and one of the technicians that came out even informed me that we had NOT been getting HD service that we had been paying for since inception.

Why all the pricing games?  I would be a loyal customer if Comcast would stop with the "oh that promo is over and now we have to jack your rate (that we can still give to new customers) up!"

This is the nonsense that makes me want a set of rabbit ears and a tube TV.

Recognized Contributor
MissyLaneous

Yeah, being dishonest and trying to "con" a business always works *heavy sarcasm*.  I wonder what will happen when Comcast starts noticing these switches of account holders at the same address?

It's no wonder there are few promotions or discounts available for the rest of us.

Hey comcastlarry,

where are this people that will work with you on getting another promo deal? Been trying to reach "anyone, anybody,.." Don't want to play games. Just want an answer about that "deal" that will keep me a good customer!??

Visitor
tjoz

You have to remember that when you first signed up you also had a sign on deal. I don't think Comcast strays from the price of their services, they just make promotions to get you on board like a sign on bonus. Knowing that if you keep the services after the promotion period, their regular prices kick in. I don't see any problem with that. Everybody wants a deal. If we all got a deal all the time, they may not be in business.

New Visitor
Strapped

Well you keep paying your high bill and dont worry about mine.  Ok

Visitor
tjoz

I don't have Cable for TV. I have internet through Comcast & I have Directv for TV. I do admit that there prices are a bit steep but not by that much. The real reason why I went with Directv is because of the sports packages.

New Visitor
TCuster

I beg to different on this. My promotion ends on August 5,2012 and when I called they said nothing could be done for me since I was an existing customer and that I will be paying at least 150.00 a month. I find that very unfair to us current customers but you are willing to give some type of deal for new customers. You get us in and after the promotion we are stuck with paying such high prices specially when a lot of us are on fixed incomes. I for one work part-time and I am a single mother just trying to make ends meet. So do I think you all care about your customers(existing ones) no I do not. Because if you do there would be some type of special or something you could do for us existing customers. I am looking else to get my cable and internet service. The prices are out of this world. I have been with you all for almost a year and I have been very unhappy with the service I have gotten and plus when I call into the 800 number to get help most of everyone I have talked to have been rude and not helpful at all. Only a few times have I had a good call and got help from customer service. I pay my bill at my local cable company and I was told today other than taking my payment since I am a existing customer they cannot help me with anything or any type of specials only for new customers. How sad..

New Visitor
snobrdr579

I have been unhappy with Comcast ever since day 1!!!! However, since I live in a north facing condo, I can not get dish/direcTV, so If I wanted to watch cable TV, I had to go with Comcast, AND for me to get the promotion I had to sign up for 2 years I signed up on Sept 1, 2010, So I am stuck with them for another 2 months. :-(

Thankfully I am purchasing a house that is already setup for DirecTV so that means when I move, SO LONG COMCAST, HELLO DIRECTV!!!! (Oh yeah did I mention that even AFTER DirecTV's promotional period goes away, I will still be saving about $20/month on the Triple Bundle!)

Good luck with all of your schemes on keep trying to save you money.

For the most part of comcast customers, all you need to do is ask for an updated promotion, however, they may ask you to sign with them for another year or 2, so Buyer beware!

New Visitor
pas914

I dumped comcast for directv a while ago and couldnt be happier -- but I kept comcast internet service b/c there is nothing else in my area (i.e fios, clear, etc).  Between TV service and internet service, I have been a continuous customer for 5yrs+. M<y promotion on the Blast service ended this month, so my price jumped substantially from the $40/mo I was paying.  I just got off of the phone with customer service, and I was given the same line that a previous poster stated "Sorry, there is nothing we can offer you or do at this time".

Huh? When I signed up for Blast, I was told that I need to call again in 6 months and I would receive "whatever promotion was being offered at that time".  There is *NO* promotion at all for me? I have to pay full price ($79.99) when new customers are being charged $29.99 for the same service??? Thats total BS. I dropped down to the lowest priced plan offered just to get back to $40/mo.  After I hung up, I started poking around the comcast website to check plans/pricing.  I am outraged.  

I called back to cancel, selected the "disconnect service" option in the menu, and I received an automated message "it is outside normal business hours, please call back tomorrow".  I most certainly will call back 1st thing in the morning .. I am dumping comcast for good.  I will survive on 4g hotspot internet until something else comes along.  Good riddance.