New Visitor
adzheng
Accepted Solution

Cheated by this online rep...

[ Edited ]

A Latest update today:

=============================================================================

Hi I have to say 'Thank you' for solving my problem.\

A few days after I posted the topic I got a call from a lady (higher level mananger I guess) who promised to give back my original package and today when I received the bill I found that not only did she restored the exactly same package she also waived my modem rental fee. I really appciate this although it's a little bit late but I think I will continue my service with Comcast for sure.

Good job Comcast and keep going..!!!

=============================================================================

I had a Internet + Voice bundle package for 12 month since July 2010. However, in Jan 2011 my phone server was terminated for whatever reason and I was told it was ported to ATT. I called numerous time and finally got my phone back but I was told the original package was no longer available and now I have to pay much more for both services.

I chatted on Mar 23 with one of the reps called Jestoni and this dude promised that he could bring my original package back but he lied to me and didn't do anything. When I received the bill for this month it was still the same.

Fortunately I have kept the transcript of our chatting session and posting here for all of you to know.

Comcast Chat Transcript

Inbox

X

online.communications@alerts.comcast.net to ajbestbuy88
show details Mar 22  

eSupport Chat Transcript

Anding > Over-charging bill...

Jestoni > Hello Anding, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Jestoni. Please give me one moment to review your information.

Jestoni > HI! Welcome to Comcast! I hope your day is going well. How may I help you?

Anding > I just received the latest bill and I found something is wrong on it

Jestoni > Oh, I am so sorry about your bill, Anding.

Jestoni > I am so sorry to hear that and I understand your frustration about your bill.

Jestoni > May you please verify to me the over charge amount and to what billing cycle?

Anding > Billing Date 02/27/11
Total Amount Due $120.26

Anding > I saw a partial charge from 2/18 to 3/01

Anding > but my phone service was discontinued for about 10 days

Anding > please check my record

Jestoni > I'm really sorry for this inconveninece this has caused you and I understand that you have this issue/inquiry about having an issue on your bill. I know how important for you to have your bill corrected, Anding . 

Jestoni > NO worries, I can definitely help you out with your concern and will resolveyour issue before this chat will end. 

Jestoni > Thank you for that information.Allow me to review it. Just give me a second or two for me to finish this one.

Jestoni > While waiting why not take a minute and check out Comcast EcoBill?  EcoBill allows you the benefit of a paperless billing online and the ability to setup automatic payments.  For more information,  check out http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/FAQListViewer.aspx?topic=Billing&folder=a6555cc4-2d3b-4ccb-bdf7-a2...

Anding > i already enrolled

Jestoni > That would be great.

Jestoni > Anding, just give me a minute or two to check your record and your account.

Jestoni > Would that be fine to you?

Anding > thanks

Jestoni > Thanks for that.

Jestoni > I believe you contacted us last month, correct?

Anding > yes, for quite a few times

Jestoni > Yes.

Jestoni > I understand that Anding.

Anding > because my phone service was disconniued for no reason for almost 10 days

Jestoni > As far as I can check it here, yes, you are actually correct.

Anding > and when i got it back, i lost my previous package and I have to pay more now

Jestoni > I was able to see the notes and records on your account.

Jestoni > Yes.I understand that Anding.

Jestoni > I do apologize for any inconvenience this issue on your bill has caused you.

Jestoni > Anding.

Anding > please see how much you can do here? Are you able to give me back the original package?

Jestoni > I am done reviewing your account, and I am ready now to give resolution on this one.

Jestoni > Yes,.

Jestoni > I can actually give you your previous package to you.

Jestoni > Moreover, I will applied the necessary credit for this one and will be reflected to your next bill.

Jestoni > How about that?

Anding > that'd be great! Otherwise I've to deal with the problem which is not caused by myself

Jestoni > Provided also that you will give positive feedback about this session. Would that be okay?

Jestoni > Yes.

Jestoni > I understand that.

Anding > of course, top feedback to you!

Jestoni > Thanks for that.

Jestoni > Anding .

Jestoni > I will process right now your package.

Anding > thanks

Jestoni > I will give back to you the original package that you had.

Anding > ok

Jestoni > please give me a minute to do this one.

Anding > and pleae let me know how much is the final charge for the package

Jestoni > Alright.

Jestoni > Final charge for the package is for phone service only is 19.99.

Jestoni > I have changed the package now and then will go to adjustment of your bill also.

Anding > is this the same package? Sounds incredible! Because my original package allows me to make free domestic calls, is this this the same package?

Jestoni > Yes.

Jestoni > The same package with promotion.

Jestoni > 

Anding > cool! free calls to all stated in United State, right?

Jestoni > Yes, free calls to US, CANADA and PUERTO RICO

Anding > all states?

Jestoni > Yes.

Anding > excellent

Jestoni > All states.

Anding > you are a great helper

Anding > and also the internet service?

Anding > I found my previous and the bill was 

Anding > New Charges Summary
XFINITY Bundled Services 39.99
Additional XFINITY Internet Services 5.00
Additional XFINITY Voice Services 1.03
Taxes, Surcharges & Fees 0.54
Total New Charges $46.56

Anding > do I get same charges for this package as well?

Jestoni > Yes.

Jestoni > Same charges that applies to your previous package 

Anding > so cool!

Jestoni > Anding, good news I was able to process an adjustment also on your bill right now and it will be reflected on your next bill 

Jestoni > Would that be clear now Anding?

Anding > too good to be true!

Jestoni > Yes, I made the adjustment already Anding. I can guarantee that one.

Anding > so right now how much balance is on my account?

Jestoni > As of right now, some charges are showing that are not supposed to be there, so I cannot really estimate the final balance, it is really hard to set an expectation for that because it might lead to disappointment, but one thing I can guarantee you will receive a credit on your next bill then for your phone service issue.

Anding > so I just go ahead pay $120.26 and the credit will be shown on my next bill?

Jestoni > Yes.

Jestoni > You are correct!

Jestoni > Very perfect!

Anding > did you apply the credits for the days I was talking about that  my phone service was not working for about 10 days

Jestoni > Anding> did you apply the credits for the days I was talking about that my phone service was not working for about 10 days>> absolutely

Anding > also for the new package, will it be the same as my previous one? if so, then my next bill charges without applying credit will be the same as my old bills, right?

Anding > XFINITY Bundled Services 39.99
Additional XFINITY Internet Services 5.00
Additional XFINITY Voice Services 1.03

Jestoni > Yes.

Jestoni > The same as your old bills.

Anding > and how long will this package last? one full year from today?

Jestoni > Yes.

Jestoni > That is one full year Anding.

Anding > that really sounds great!

Jestoni > 

Jestoni > Now, to recap what we have done today.

Jestoni > 
For a quick recap Anding , Since you have chatted in having trouble/inquiry about your billing charges, since I have provided you already the necessary information that you need for this session like changing your package to your previous one and then processed credit on your bill. 

Jestoni > Did I resolve your issue for today?

Anding > of course, well done, Jestoni!

Jestoni > Thanks  for that.

Jestoni > I am glad that we were able to solve your issue together . I thank you for your great cooperation and understanding all throughout the chat. Is there anything else that I can assist you with?

Jestoni > If there is none Anding.

Jestoni > 
Thank you so much for contacting us for this issue/ inquiry. I am glad I have assisted you today and provided you accurate resolution on your issue. I am hoping that in return, you will give me also postive feedback about this one.

Anding > sure, will do

Jestoni > I hope it is okay to you Anding and if that is not that too much to ask from you.

Jestoni > I would be happy and glad if you will take time to take the 3 quick question survey and what you need to do is to pick your answer. Just click on the "END SESSION" button so that you can start it now. I appreciate it that much since your feedback will really help us to improve our quality of customer service. 

Jestoni > Thanks for that, have a great day and keep safe.

Anding > ok, thanks, bye

Jestoni > Once again, thank you for giving me the chance to help you today. I'm glad that you used COMCAST Chat Support and it was a pleasure having you on chat. Thank you for always believing in COMCAST. We strive to provide you with the best service.

Again this is Jestoni. I hope that you would take the time to rate the services you have received from me today by answering the 3-question survey after this chat. Just click on the "END SESSION" Button and click on YES at the bottom of the page and the survey will appear. Thank you again for this opportunity to be of service to you today and have a wonderful day! 

Jestoni > Analyst has closed chat and left the room

Email sent at: 7:02:09 PM, 3/22/2011

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: Cheated by this online rep...

I'm reporting your issue to the forum admin. Please check back here often for his reply.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

I escalated this to our Regional office for follow-up

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin
New Visitor
adzheng

Hi I have to say 'Thank you' for solving my problem.\

A few days after I posted the topic I got a call from a higher mananger (I guess) and promised to give back my original package and today when I receive my bill I found that not only did she restore me the exact package she also waived my modem rental fee. I really appciate this although it's a little bit late but I think I will continue my service with Comcast for sure.

Good job Comcast and keep going..!!!