New Visitor
Jkamps

Collections Letter for Acct auto-paid by AmEX. Still a Comcast cient. HOW?

I am so sad to be in this position.  I received a letter from a collections agency today for a Comcast bill of $89.25.  I was very confused since I am still a Comcast subscriber.  I moved from Maryland to Texas in December.

When I cancelled my Comcast service in November, I drove to an office to turn in my equiptment and made sure to ask about my final bill.  I was told that my final bill would be charged to my AmEX account, as we had been doing all along with our monthly bills.  Our bills were all auto-paid, we never sent payments.  I don't understand why this stopped and why we were not notified prior to being sent to collections.

Our last bill was paid in mid-November.  If Comcast bills in advance, why did we owe anything anyway?

We opened a new Comcast account (Triple Play) in Katy, TX in mid-December.  Why did nobody inform me at that time that I had an outstanding bill?

I paid the amount today because I spoke with someone in Comcast collections who could not explain anything to me and I did not know what else to do.

I would like to know if this has been/will be reported to credit bureaus.  Will this be on my credit report?  Can Comcast rectify this or explain to me why my requested automated AmEx payments were stopped.

This is precisely what I asked about at the Frederick, MD office when I went in person.  I was assured that my final bill would be charged to AmEX.

I do not know how I can continue to remain a client of Comcast when this is what happens.

I would appreciate it if someone could contact me.

- Jill

New Visitor
Jkamps

Re: Collections Letter for Acct auto-paid by AmEX. Still a Comcast cient. HOW?

For the record, I am not locked into any contract and can leave at any time.  I would like resolution or DirectTV will look much more appealling.

Shame on you Comcast.

Email Expert
CCCarole

I have notified the Administrators of your problems.  Watch for a reply please.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
Jkamps

Thank you for any help you can provide.

I spoke with Comcast this morning and was told yet another story.  I don't know what to believe.

Regular Contributor
tcby

Recognized Contributor
MissyLaneous

ALso, keep an eye out on your credit reports to make sure that collection letter stuff doesn't wind up on your reports while you're doing the BBB thing.  You can dispute the charge(s) with the credit bureaus (eww).

BBB reports take about 30 days for resolution.  Sometimes the company will immediately contact the customer once they receive the complaint.