Visitor
jcoleman0894

Comcast Bill Increased by $100.00!!!

[ Edited ]

Reviewing my April bill, my bill has increased by $100.00.

I read the notice on the March bill and that didn't give me any clue to any new charges.

I read the April bill and it looks like their charging me twice for HD Preferred Plus XF.

Comcast is getting crazy, I will not pay $259.00 for basic + 2 prem stations, phone and internet.

That's just crazy!!

Has anyone elses bill increase like this?

New Visitor
cablefan

Re: Comcast Bill Increased by $100.00!!!

These people are crazy!!! They love to put charges on your bill without letting you know and God forbid they credit you if you are without channels for some time.  noooooo.  They just charged me $50 for a service call that was their fault!!  I am so upset.  I think that i'm going to cancel and let everyone I know, know about their baaaad customer service.

New Visitor

Our Comcast bill increased as well, ours increased by $70.00. We have made no changes to our account we have no idea why the increase took place. When we make the call to customer service they don't explain anything in a way we can understand it they only try to justify the extra charges. I am so frustrated with Comcast/Xfinity.

It is as if they are so certain of the quality of internet and Cable service they provide that they can charge any amount they choose to charge and still manage to keep all of their customers. For them it isn't about keeping customers happy, it's seems as if it is all about how much money they can squeeze out of them.

I don't understand this concept at all.

Email Expert
CCCarole

jcoleman0894 wrote:

Reviewing my April bill, my bill has increased by $100.00.

I read the notice on the March bill and that didn't give me any clue to any new charges.

I read the April bill and it looks like their charging me twice for HD Preferred Plus XF.

Comcast is getting crazy, I will not pay $259.00 for basic + 2 prem stations, phone and internet.

That's just crazy!!

Has anyone elses bill increase like this?

Have you called1-800 comcast and spoken to anyone in the billing department?  From what you posted, it sounds as though they double charged you for your HD Preferred.  I would definitely call them and ask for an explanation.  If you don't get a satisfactory answer, post back please.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
kadasan

Comcast Bill Increased by $70.00!!!!!!!!!!

My April bill increased up to $70 without any notification.

I'm 3 years user.

Only 1st year amount remained unchanged, but from 2nd year, it went up $34, $46, $59 and now $70!!!!!!!!!! for using only internet with wireless router.

This is sooo ridiculous!

Today, I called 1-800... CS rep keep answering your promotion period was over by April 26.

What was the promotion? and When, where did comcast notify me the promotion with its terms and condition?

But no answered, only talk same story. Is this the way comcast treating customer or rep was a just employed!!

I only wasted my time.

I feel if you don't want to pay or you go to other internet service provider. That's it!

New Visitor
lefttown

I am disgusted. My May statement jumped up once again.. In my statement I got a sheet telling channel lineups ans the different pkgs.

I have been on Expanded Basic for several years and now is says I am on Enhanced Cable and bwfore it said I was on digital starter.  I do not get all the stations it says on digital starter.

This is crazy. My bill has jumped from 114.   to 155.00. FOR NO REASON !

I would think they would offer a senior rate for people on fixed income. My motor club does and other places give you senior rate..............

If you call they have an alliby.......

I think I may switch to Frontier...............

Tom

New Visitor
Zillasisboom

We have had our service for years.  I hoped I was finished with Comcast when I got married and moved...I was wrong.  At the time I moved to this area, Comcast was the only thing available.  Things are changing here and more services are available, but even changing to another company, you can't leave behind the feeling that you have been violated by Comcast and you still have to pay what THEY say you owe.

We have digital cable with DVR in one room and just digital in another.  We have internet, but nothing fancy with either service.  Our bills have been increasing every year and some years more than once.  We have questioned it every time and been advised that these are the current rates and no longer promotions.  Current customers don't get promotions...we were told they can't keep us on a promotion forever.  Well, if McDs can afford to sell a combo including a drink and fries for only a few cents more, plus offer a dollar menu on a daily basis, why can't Comcast offer a lower rate for an intangible product, especially to loyal customers?  They have never been able to answer that question, nor have they been able to explain why my digital cable with no additional channels is $82 dollars, plus the DVR service, rentals, internet and so forth.  My cable  and internet is $158 before the taxes.  Most of the charges seem to repeat themselves inside another charge.

We tried to talk to 3 departments the other day to no avail.  It turned into a challenge between a "lifer" in CS and me, a veteran trainer for CS.  She did however, offer me a $5 credit for changing a service.  This change was for Showtime that we had never ordered and been charged to put it on, take it off, pro-rated days when it was not cancelled when we requested it.  No one can tell me how it got on there in the first place or why we had a credit of over $124 to our account which was not our payment.  Sound confusing?  Yep, it does, but we are paying the price.  They claim that no one can change our past over charges and that we are responsible for the full $600+ that is past due.  We have no problem paying a reasonable bill, but $200 a month for regular channels and internet is not reasonable.  We were told that "Retention" could only give a credit of $15 per month.  They must not trust their employees if they only allow them to give a $15 credit for ridiculous charges, especially to keep a customer,  Charges that were not correct to begin with.  It is though the Terminator foreshadowing has come true.  The computers have taken over our account and are setting our rates with no ability to correct the situation or intervene by humans.  

I will say that while my husband was out of work Comcast did try to help us keep our service on so he could apply for jobs.  Now, they no longer give extensions, so sorry folks.  I'm sure that was our fault, same as it was ours for not asking for help before as Comcast put it, "it was too far gone".  It wouldn't be that way if the rates charges were reasonable.  We did ask for help everytime we called, however, suggesting to change our service to slower internet that we cannot use and channels that we do not watch to lower our bill does not help us.  It also doesn't fix the overcharges that are past due for services we did not receive.  We certainly did not receive $200 worth of service and they don't even seem to know what equipment we have.  Same old story as posted all over...I don't see that anyone has retracted their statements because they received corrections.  Anyone?