Contributor
sndcase

Comcast Collection Department

OMG!!  It is now 8:00pm and I just received ANOTHER call from their collection department reminding me that the bill I paid this morning is still past due and my service is pending shut-off.  This is insane, how do they expect to stay in business with this kind of customer service!   This makes it the 3rd call I've received today after paying the bill that should have been paid with the credit card they had on file but their system screwed up and didn't take the payment so I ended getting harassed all day today!  Anyone else have this problem and what did you do??

New Visitor
530Anon

Re: Comcast Collection Department

Pay your bill on time and you won't have the issue.

The system is set up automattically to call you and remind you that you are late, It is set up this way as a courtesy to you so that you are not without service in case you forgot to pay.

Contributor
sndcase

Wow...you are just as rude as the collection department.  I set up AUTO payment.   That means the computer is supposed to AUTOMATICALLY pay my bill with the credit card number they have on file!   It not my fault their computer didn't take out the payments.  And definitely no reason to call me three more times AFTER the bill is paid. 

New Visitor
xfinityjohn2011

Hey, have you checked to see if your credit card balance from the previous month has been paid or if you're past your credit card spending limit? It could be why they can't make the charge on your card.

New Visitor
susanwade190

Wow....

And Nashville is suppose to be so nice and polite. If that is a Comcast Puppet...I mean Representative replying: "pay your bill on time" etc. As my mom says, Its time to "SH.TCAN"  Comcast! Lol

No wonder they are rated The 2nd Worse Company for customer service (behind BANK of AMERICA).

Remember....Any company can be replaced, and there's people working on that right now. Kinda makes you smile....doesn't it !

New Visitor
susanwade190

That probably is the collection dept. lol !

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

And it could be that auto pay is broken. There have been numerous complaints in this forum that bills that should have been auto paid were not-Comcast did not send a request for payment.

My advice-ditch auto pay for your Comcast bill.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor
sndcase

Yeah I think that might have been the collection department!  lol  I am a new customer to comcast so this was the first bill and so far I'm not impressed!   I am probably going to ditch the autopay since it doesn't seem to work and their collection department ended up calling me a total of 4 times AFTER the bill had been paid.  Very annoying to get harassing calls at work and in a restaurant at dinner.  Actually I'm thinking about switching to another company.  I just signed up for their internet anyway and there are plenty of other internet companies out there with better customer service records. 

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

sndcase wrote:

I am a new customer to comcast so this was the first bill

That may explain why auto pay did not work for you after you signed up for auto pay.

autopay.PNG

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor
sndcase

Yes I'm sure that does explain the problem unfortunately, I was not told by any of the people I talked to when I was setting up my service that this might be an issue.  I talked to sales to order the service and told them I wanted auto pay, customer service to set up the auto pay in the first place, and the installation guy to hook up the service and paid him a check and talked about auto pay and none of them mentioned that there was any delay. You would think that one of those people would mention an issue.

Connection Expert
EG
Connection Expert
EG

ATTENTION 

Your post was removed to a secure area out of public view because it violates forum posting guidelines.

Forum Guidelines state >>> clickable link http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289 which everyone should read BEFORE making a first post

Please Don't

Post personal information in the forums

Please do your best to keep your identity and personal information safe. This includes:

Your full name
Your telephone number
Your Physical/Mailing Address
Email addresses
Credit Card numbers
Account numbers
Other personally identifiable information

Here is your post with the information removed;

I HAVE BEEN ON HOLD FOR 30 MIN NOW

DO U HAVE A DIRECT NUMBER FOR COLLECTION DEPARTMENT

MY ACCOUNT # XXXXXXXXXX

AND I OWE NOTHING AND U GUYS STILL GO TO COLLECTION

New Visitor
doesntmatterurn

That was very rude of you. 

Bronze Problem Solver

Actually, it wasn't.  EG was looking out for the posters welfare.  These forums were unwisely opened back up to the public.  This means that when folks unknowingly post their personal information, thinking that this is a closed forum, unscrupulous people can use that information for nefarious purposes.  That happened the first time Comcast opened the forums, and they were quickly closed.  The current administration doesn't seem to remember that.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

doesntmatterurn wrote:

That was very rude of you.

EG doesn't make the rules. He and others (including me) do enforce them. Sometimes people need to be protected from themselves.

EG removed the post on 7-20-2013. The OP of the removed post has not complained about it being removed so why did you complain about it?

If YOU are comfortable giving out YOUR personal information by all means do so and request that the post NOT be removed.

Then if you are in any way comprised because you wanted it public, don't blame us or Comcast.

You are a first time poster. Did you happen to read the posting guidelines before you made that post?

The link is on the top left hand corner of every forum page. It says Posting Guidelines, which everyone should read BEFORE making his/her first post. It addresses posting of personal information.

Regular Contributor
Plawes

all this hand holding people want! Geez! write a check and mail your bill a week and a half before it's due! i've never been harrassed by comcast because my bill didn't get paid! Do it yourself!

New Visitor
wildcard6

Um.. That's a pretty lame response. Some people runinto bona fide trouble. I've been with Comcast for over 20 years, back when they were Continental Cable in the early 90s. I got cancer in '04 and I had problems financially. I was late but I was never shut off. To simply say what you said smacks of an attitude of not caring about other people.

If you can't say anything helpful, don't bother.