Contributor
CSBP

Comcast Contract Scam -- Automatic Renew Your Contract !!!

Watch out for Comcast scam business practice. After you fulfill your contract, Comcast will automatically extend your contract for another year unless you cancel the contract 60 days before the contract ends. If you do not fulfill another year automatic contract extension, Comcast will penalize you for the rest of the months you cancel your service. That can be over a thousand dollars.

If you are victims of Comcast's scam, please contact your local politicians, your state public utility commission, FCC, etc. Let's put this crooks in Comcast in jail because they commit white-collar crime.

Service Expert
Moguns

Re: Comcast Contract Scam -- Automatic Renew Your Contract !!!

Comcast will extend your contract at the end of your contract if they do not here from. But if you want out of the contract all you need to do is to call them and return your equipment. They do this as a courtesy because their only other option if they do not hear from you is to turn off your service.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Photobucket
Contributor
CSBP

[ Edited ]

Dear Moguns,

Comcast refuses to terminate contract unless we inform them 60 days before the previous contract ends. Even if you return all the hardwares, Comcast still charge your account until the next contract period ends. If you do not inform them to terminate the contract 60 days before the next contract period ends, Comcast will automatically extend your contract for another additional year. Comcast people are crooks. They are worse the loan shark.

If we find out names of the people work in Comcast, post their name on internet because they are parts of the crook organization.

Contributor
CSBP

Comcast Rips Off Customers By Forcing Another Year Contract

Really hate this rip-off Comcast. Without advance notice, Comcast says that they automatically renew our contract to another year. We have to request cancellation on the 60th day before the current contract ends, has to be on the exact day. If we cancel service before the contract ends, Comcast will impose penalty for the remaining contract. This may be over a thousand dollars.

Unfortunately, Comcast allows it employees get bonus for this rip-off Customer Retention effort.

Consumers beware.

Contributor
CSBP

Moguns,

It is a lie. Comcast does not let anyone go unless another year contract is fulfilled, whether or not you return the equipments. Comcast uses Automatic Contract Renewal to scam its customers.

Regular Contributor

We have gotten several people together who were victimized by this fraudulent billing practice.  We will be preparing a joint letter to the Federal Trade Commission and any other authorities we can think of.  If you'd like to be involved, send me a private message with your contact information.

There is no legitimate purpose behind this scheme.  They do it to either 1) deter you from going to a competitor, and 2) to make money off of unwitting customers. The scheme is orchestrated to make sure that you are unawre of it.  These are very dishonorable people.

New Visitor
afabdancer

I dont know where you've been but all contracts, though ending in a certain period of time (i.e. 1 year) recquire and notice. Ever lived in an apartment, most apartments...at least in the city I live in recquire a 30 day notice, so maybe its your fault the renewed it? Im sure the contract you signed informed you of this  notice needing to be made...oh yes most likey since im looking at my contact right now and it says so... most americans these days just sign, dont read...maybe you'll learn from this experience.

Visitor
JKey73

Anon1499164,

I just sent you a private msg. concerning this mess; hope I'm not too late.

Regular Contributor

Afabdancer: If you'd bothered to read the other posts on this topic instead of taking this opportunity to provide an unsolicitied, American-bashing opinion, you would have noticed two things: 1) the provision at issue is NOT in the contract you sign.  It's in a lengthy set of terms and conditions on a separate website, and 2) in addition to requiring notice, they automatically RENEW the contract for one year periods after telling you that there is a TWO year commitment.  Any reasonable person signing an agreement for a TWO year commitment period would assume that there is no further commitment once that period expires.