New Visitor
VERYunhappy777

Comcast DOES NOT CARE about their existing Customers

Well I just called in and finally scheduled my cancellation with comcast. This has been a horror story. I have been a loyal customer to Comcast for awhile. I buy almost every UFC PPV and have been paying them a ton of money each month.

I get to work the other day to find out my friend got a deal with comcast that is 10 TIMES better than mine. He has more channels, faster internet, better home phones, EVERYTHING. The main thing that really is upsetting is that he is paying MUCH less than what I'm paying at the moment.

I have called into their "customer retention" department but have found out it is really an "existing customer disrespect" department. None of the 3 people I spoke with weren't willing to help and were rude and deceitful. They could care less that I'm cancelling my service. I have many friends and family with Comcast and I am going to work to get them to cancel as well. I can't believe a company would be so disrespectful to a customer and not even attempt to save their business. I work in an industry similiar to this. You can recruit as many new customers as you want, but if you don't try to keep your existing customer base your churn is going to haunt you. I'm sure the word of mouth about this won't be good either.

An unhappy disrespected comcast customer signing off.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Re: Comcast DOES NOT CARE about their existing Customers

[ Edited ]

I notified our admin of the disrespect your received.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Bronze Problem Solver
lunski

VERYunhappy777 wrote:

Well I just called in and finally scheduled my cancellation with comcast. This has been a horror story. I have been a loyal customer to Comcast for awhile. I buy almost every UFC PPV and have been paying them a ton of money each month.

I get to work the other day to find out my friend got a deal with comcast that is 10 TIMES better than mine. He has more channels, faster internet, better home phones, EVERYTHING. The main thing that really is upsetting is that he is paying MUCH less than what I'm paying at the moment.

I have called into their "customer retention" department but have found out it is really an "existing customer disrespect" department. None of the 3 people I spoke with weren't willing to help and were rude and deceitful. They could care less that I'm cancelling my service. I have many friends and family with Comcast and I am going to work to get them to cancel as well. I can't believe a company would be so disrespectful to a customer and not even attempt to save their business. I work in an industry similiar to this. You can recruit as many new customers as you want, but if you don't try to keep your existing customer base your churn is going to haunt you. I'm sure the word of mouth about this won't be good either.

An unhappy disrespected comcast customer signing off.

Hello,

Please email your best contact number, service address, account phone number and experience to my email address below. Please include a link to your post and copy of the post so I am aware of the issue.

Thank you.

George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator
New Visitor
JFNollen

I agree. I was offered a pkg at $75.00 and I decided not to take it. I was told that I would still get my promotion at $30.00 when I cancelled. Not the case. My internet bill is now the same price as the package that I refused. For one service I am to pay $75.00. No they don't care about existing customers. When you need help they connect you to the Philippines. Why can't these corporations employ Americans?

Contributor

I am having the same experience with feeling Comcast does not appreciate me as a long standing customer.  I have had them double bill me and fail to correct the problem even when I was given a confirmation number.  I have had my movie service not work correctly and yet I am paying way above other Comcast customers who I know.  I just called about cancellation and there is no indication that they even care about keeping me as a customer.

What happened to customer service?  I now will go through the process of copying all addresses I use for my email and then will call them to go through the cancellation process.  This is very disappointing.

New Visitor
coral2003

I totally agree with everything that all the people have posted on this forum.  I asked the comcast customer service rep if there were any promotions available to existing customers and guess what she said.  "No" , she answered.  I asked her why they do not offer their loyal customers the same offers for the new customers.  She had no answer for that.  

I guess the lesson here is you should not be loyal.  Loyalty will not be rewarded.  It is best to hop around from one company to another and have them fight for your business and in doing so you will be able to lower your bill, get better service, and also get more bang for your buck; i.e. more channels like HBO, SHOWTIME, CINEMAX, and STARZ just to name a few.

Let's see if I can make a dent in their wallet by switching to their competition.  We should all try this and then perhaps they may stop taking our loyalty for granted.

Contributor
DisgruntledLOL

This is just to AMAZING to me! It is so true LOYALTY means nothing these days, especially to these BIG BUSINESS companies! Starting with Wall Street..If I see "new customers only" one more time I may scream!!!:smileycry: Loyalty is every aspect of life is so valuable, and should not be taken for granted by anyone. My service was suspended today, which I knew it would be and wanted it to be! I will save the long story, but sis was paying bill, our father was ill, now passed, so I was not really paying attention for a while to the bill........Too much more, but we had serious family concerns and at the time the cable was not my priority. My sis said it is supposed to be $99/Mon, and I agreed, but we had some other things and to make our father happy we continued them, so I was thinking it was because of the "extras". In April I scrutinized our bill and almost fell off my chair...we are being charged $250.03/MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 1/2 times the "deal" TRULY AMAZING!!! Even more amazing what IDIOTS we have been!!!!!!!!!!! Verizon was going door to door and the deal sounded great, but sis said they may add this other stuff like Comcast...but we have had Verizon cellphones for years and they DO reward loyalty!!!! Also the fees are what is presented and always offering upgrades and other things at ur discretion, and no cost!!! They ALWAYS try to work with you, so now the dummy (me) will do what is right and be treated like a loyal customer should! I have read on these blogs how people sign up for the new deals, and leave and find the next better deal, and actually admitting it! I tried to see if I could D/C online, but of course not, I asked them to call me..They cannot for disconnecting..BUT and will for "new" service. So I will just return the equipment and be loyal to the company that will be loyal to me!!! Thanks for listening!!!!!

Visitor
wnol

I so agree with all of these posts.  I have been a loyal customer for 12 years and was told there is nothing they can do for me to retain my business.  It's quite unfortunate that big companies think so little of the people who keep them in business.  All I was asking for was to keep my existing price...a total of a mere $15 reduction instead of nickel and diming me.  Oh no...Comcast rep was not agreeable to that.  Hate comcast now.

Visitor

I agree with all these comments. We have been with Comast for years years.

I try to talk to a person on chat about a package they are offering for new customers.

He said could not get that deal.

His final remark was I am placing a restriction online so I could not order it.

How rude. I told him I would never do this with out talking to someone.

Thank You Comast and Direct TV here we come.

New Visitor
sweett48

I absolutely agree with you. My promotion just ended and I inquired on getting the Xfinity triple play which of course they did not offer in my area. I asked if there was anyway possible to lower my bill but there was no suggestion available as well. I am definitely considering Direct TV

Visitor
wnol

Check out Verizon.  We're in talks with them now and they're being extremely helpful. They have a no contract deal for even less $ than what comcast is offering their 'new' customers. Poor customer service is an area we should all not have to put up with, particularly when all businesses should be fighting to retain good paying customers.  We have never once been late on a payment or defaulted on payments. Yet, comcast refuses to recognize that.  It's quite distressing, but, as they say...they snooze, they lose!

Contributor
Contributor
D_T

I TOTALLY AGREE. COMCAST DOESN'T CARE AT ALL FOR THEIR EXISTING CUSTOMERS! THEY TOTALLY RIP YOU OFF FOR EVERY CENT THEY CAN GET OUT OF YOU FOR THE LEAST AMOUNT OF SERVICE THEY CAN PROVIDE! I HAVE BEEN PAYING ENOURMOUS FEES FOR YEARS NOW AND DON'T EVEN RECEIVE ANY OF THE PREMIUM CHANNELS ANYMORE AND STILL PAY CLOSE TO 175.00 A MONTH!!  YOU USED TO OCCASIONALLY OFFER A FREE PREVIEW WEEKEND OR SPECIALS TO PREMIUM CHANNELS....NOW NOTHING EVER OFFERED FOR THE EXISTING CUSTOMERS. COMCAST TOTALLY TREATS ITS EXISTING CUSTOMERS VERY POORLY.

Contributor
Contributor
D_T

[ Edited ]

I AM LOOKING AT THE VERIZON PACKAGES AS WELL AS DISH NETWORK. I AM SO TIRED OF PAYING TOP DOLLAR FOR BARELY NOTHING. I HAVE BEEN AN EXISTING CUSTOMER SINCE IT CAME TO MY AREA IN  NH IN 1985 AND KEPT THEM WHEN I MOVED TO MASSACHUSETTS IN 1994. IT HAS BEEN A COMPLETE RIPOFF OF THE EXISTING CUSTOMERS SINCE ABOUT 2000 AND GOT EVEN WORSE AROUND 2005.
I WILL BE CURIOUS TO SEE IF ANYONE FROM COMCAST EVEN BOTHERS TO READ THESE OR CARES ABOUT MY BUSINESS. PLEASE CONTACT ME IF ANYONE WANTS TO OFFER ME ANY REASONABLE PROMOTION FOR A 26 YEAR EXISTING CUSTOMER ABOUT TO CANCEL ALL SERVICES.

Contributor
yardvark2

Is anyone in customer service at Comcast monitoring these posts? Does the CEO Of Comcast see any of this? These posts are a very, very, very, small portion of the unhappy public concerning customer service at Comcast. I cannot count the hours anymore of the time I have spent on the phone or on live chat with the most unhelpfull people in the universe. NO ONE can answer a simple question about your service, about your bill, about why you needed to take off work 3 different days to get phone service connected because the guy didn't show up and when he did, he totally had no idea what he was doing. I just get transferred over and over and no matter how many names you write down in one day, nobody knows any of the people you have already talked to! It the most infuriating experience with customer service I have ever experienced! AT&T is looking better every day!

Email Expert
CCCarole

yardvark2 wrote:

Is anyone in customer service at Comcast monitoring these posts? Does the CEO Of Comcast see any of this? These posts are a very, very, very, small portion of the unhappy public concerning customer service at Comcast. I cannot count the hours anymore of the time I have spent on the phone or on live chat with the most unhelpfull people in the universe. NO ONE can answer a simple question about your service, about your bill, about why you needed to take off work 3 different days to get phone service connected because the guy didn't show up and when he did, he totally had no idea what he was doing. I just get transferred over and over and no matter how many names you write down in one day, nobody knows any of the people you have already talked to! It the most infuriating experience with customer service I have ever experienced! AT&T is looking better every day!

I have notified the Forums Addministrator of your post.  Please watch this thread for a reply.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

-

Let me apologize for all of your issues and yes I will be monitoring these forums. If you have questions about your bill or service maybe I can help. Please let me know.

Thanks,

-ComcastLarry-

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Contributor
yardvark2

A young man named Gavin Winters finally did what no one at Comcast has been able to do. He emailed, to our email address (of 25 years) a copy of our statement. Imagine that! That was all we ever wanted. We wanted to SEE our statement and an explanation of the charges. We have not been able to access our account since everything changed over to Xfinity. We get the error message that we cannot access it until the "primary uses" calls in with a secrect question and pin. My husband has spent hours on the phone, from work trying to get it reset, so we could veiw our statement, to no avail. He has had me added to the account twice, so that I could sit on the phone with customer service, but now they say I am not on the account and they cannot talk to me.  We finally just told them to change us to paper billing and send us a statement to look at. That was two weeks ago. We have yet to receive tthe statement in the mail. Now we are getting a notice telling us that the service will be disconnected if we don't pay the bill. The whole thing is just crazy! You can't get anyone to tell you something and then get it taken care of. I have never seen anything like it before in my life!

Contributor

It is a real shame that Comcast takes such an attitude but when you have limited choices I guess they feel they can get away with it. I hope someday it comes back to haunt them and that all of us who have had to endure their arrogance can really make a difference in their bottom line.

Contributor

Friday May 27th,

Same story. I mentioned to the Customer Service Rep I was chatting with regarding confusion about what my bal due was. Anyway, I told her I was extremely frustrated because I have been a Comcast customer for many, many years, always paid on time. Mentioned that I see offers for new customers that are out of this world yet my rates keep going up. I asked her that If I decided to change providers, will I be charged a cancellation fee since I am not under any contract. Do I simply call and cancel and return my equip.

She gave me a number to the "loyalty" Dept and told me.. Quote (from our chat log I printed) "I am sure that our loyalty Department will have a good and better deal for you. However, they can only be contacted thru our hotline 1-800-934-6489 Weekdays from 8 AM to 5 PM EST. We do value your business"   REALLY?  Sounds like alot of us are getting different information. I am looking around for cheaper bundle with TV and Internet.

Frustrated and maybe Qwest bound in Kent

Email Expert
madylarian

This message was moved to a non-public forum because it contains an email address, contrary to Forum Guidelines. These forums are now open to the public so posting your email address is asking for it to be harvested by spammers.

Contributor
Contributor
D_T

I don't believe for a minute that is why my post was deleted. If it were, then why did you leave the post above with the same email information?  I think you deleted it because Comcast doesn't want all the fees I am being charged posted. It would make new customers disgusted, as well they should be, when they see what they will be paying after their initial few months as a new customer. 

Email Expert
CCCarole

You might want to read the Posting Guidelines as well as the Help with Forums links on the top right of every page. 

Quote from the Posting Guidelines:

Post personal information in the forums

Please do your best to keep your identity and personal information safe. This includes:

• Your full name 
  • Your telephone number
  • Your Physical/Mailing Address
  • Email addresses
  • Credit Card numbers
  • Account numbers
  •  Other personally identifiable information

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Email Expert
madylarian

D_T wrote:

I don't believe for a minute that is why my post was deleted. If it were, then why did you leave the post above with the same email information?  I think you deleted it because Comcast doesn't want all the fees I am being charged posted. It would make new customers disgusted, as well they should be, when they see what they will be paying after their initial few months as a new customer. 

You signed your post with YOUR email address.  Repost it without your email address.  Or do you want lots of spam?

mady

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Contributor

Issue solved and post removed...thank you for your concern

Contributor

The issue was resolved and I have removed the post, thanks for your concern

Contributor

Did Comcast actually do something to resolve your issue or did you leave Comcast?

Contributor
Contributor
D_T

Bravewolf, How did you remove your post? There is no option that I can see to remove a post.
I am also wondering if you were actually contacted by someone and received help by a concerned comcast administrator and did they care enough to give you a reasonable deal? Thank you.

Contributor
Contributor
D_T

[ Edited ]

jsdson, I personally, have never been contacted by any one from comcast regarding my concerns. One of my posts was deleted by them, claiming I would receive spam, so they deleted it. However, they left a previous post with the same address up. That post didn't contain a complete breakdown of all the unbelievable charges I receive monthly. When I went to delete the other post with my address, I couldn't, as there is no delete button for posters......so, wondering how Bravewolf did it.  I don't even have an HD Tv in my home, but am forced to pay an HD whole house charge because I chose to have one DVR box. To get rid of the whole house charge, I am returning the DVR box today, which by the way has been defective since I got it even with frequent calls to refresh it and a tech out to the house that acknowledge it was defective and couldn't replace it at that time...why? ...who knows. 
Here are some of my charges and I can no longer afford any HBO, Starz, Cinemax, ShowTime, etc.  This is the deal comcast is giving me after 25 years of being a customer. It gets worse every yr.  All I am asking is for the same deal or something even remotely reasonable that is offered to new customers. 
Why, if you offer it to new customer, do you have to put your existing customers through these horrendous increases in pricing. Comcast is making a fortune, give some of it back to your loyal customers. Please you must be able to help a longtime customer with a better rate.

Digital Starter 05/23 - 06/22         $62.95

Digital Cable Box & Remote.          $7.60

HD Technology Fee 05/23 - 06/22  $8.95

Whole House Fee Authorizes
All HD Capable Outlets In The Home.

DVR Service 05/23 - 06/22             $7.00

Includes: Digital Video Recorder Service $7.00.
(Whole House HD Technology Fee Is

Required At A Separate Charge Of $8.95)

Add'l Digital Outlet(s): 05/23 - 06/22     $35.80

Includes Digital Box - $1.75,
Remote -   $0.20

Digital Access - $7.00

Qty 4 @ $8.95 each

Franchise Related Cost 05/23 - 06/22    $0.08

Sports Entertainmnt Pack 05/23 - 06/22    $7.95

Digital Preferred 05/23 - 06/22             $17.95

Leased Internet Modem 05/23 - 06/22       $7.00

Internet Service 05/23 - 06/22                  $45.95

(Performance Plan Multi Product Discount

Included In Rate Service Discount -25.96
for limited amt of time)

Total XFINITY Internet                        $26.99

Other Charges & Credits

Taxes, Surcharges & Fees

TV:

State Sales Tax 0.06

Access Fee 5.46

FCC Fee 0.08

Internet:

State Sales Tax 0.44

Total Taxes, Surcharges & Fees        $6.04

Visitor

This looks like my statement. Just think what I pay for now like 263.00 if I was a new customer can get this stuff for 165.00 for a year.

Too bad about this loyal customer for years and years.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

d_t

If you want to edit any of your posts go to Options in the right corner of the posting. Select Edit Reply and make your changes, then you can re-post.

And this is primarily a customer to customer help forum with limited interaction by Comcast employees so if a posting was removed with your email address and one was missed that was probably because a volunteer only saw the post they removed. They were just trying to protect your privacy and email from spam. Things get missed in multiple postings.

If you see a RED username in a thread that person is an official Comcast employee.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

To all that are having issues, If your not getting a resolution when you reach out to 1-800-comcast please come to the boards to see if one of our many helpful users can assist. I do monitor the boards but if your issue needs my attention please send me a private message.

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Regular Contributor

Everyone in this post is right on, Comcast could care less about existing customers,the triple play is a joke, they of course leave out of the add all the fees that will be added to your bill. When you read D_T's post it seems like a joke with all those extra fees, but that is a real comcast bill. No Comcast employees actually monitor these forums, they just put it here to keep the phone lines clear for all the new customers. The only good news is Comcast has become so greedy it is starting to backfire, and like AT@T back in the day, will be broken up. 

Contributor

Hey everyone...I finally went to

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-Help-Forum/How-to-download-and-save-all-email-and-addresses/m-p/...

This forum will not solve your billing problems but will be answered by a Comcast employee.  Do they care if you leave as a customer?  No.  But, at least I got advice on how to make sure I get my emails forwarded while I contact any businesses that also have my email address for security (credit cards, etc.).  Once I have completed this enormous headache, I will take my business to a company who really wants it.

In today's economy, Comcast is really messing up by not making it's customers happy ones!

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Hello Comcast,

So what is the story here are you going to give some special pricing for your so called long term loyal customer?

New Visitor
Laurie4aVA

I find it ironic that Comcast jumped on your post and "resolved" it, (further down from your original post).  No one can get they to resolve anything of consequence but we get numerous email responses about your post!  It figures.  I agree 1000% with all that everyone has said in here.  It is too true that Comcast could care less about their customers.  They choose to do whatever they have to in order to keep their pockets lined in gold, at the customers expense.

Also, I feel that it is very kind and nice of the people who are 'volunteering' their time and trouble to respond to some of the email issues.  Too bad they don't have the authority to "right" any of the wrongs Comcast does.  Comcast brags about giving good customer service, what a joke!  At the very least, they could have an actual company PAID employee dealing with these emails and working to satisfy their customers.  But making their customers happy isn't their goal. 

All of these messages are being sent in lieu of a telephone call.  So we are saving the company money just by venting here, which is all we can do, vent.  To call them is futile and you end up walking away most likely angrier than you were to begin with.

I do not understand how they get away with all that they do.  They must have some pretty expert lobbyists who go to bat for them.  I wonder how much we pay them?

Contributor

Comcast never resolved my problems...they simply let me know how to forward emails to a gmail account that I opened in my preparation to leave them.  I have to continue to pay them until I have informed all of my contacts (business, etc) because the minute you cancel your email address no longer functions at all.  In my area Comcast actually runs a commercial that basically says that they are not happy unless their customers are happy and I think all of us on this forum know that is a very misleading commercial.  Comcast is not acting wisely on their part because I happen to be a real estate agent who comes into contact with potential Comcast customers.  Once these people hear the high prices I am dealing with, they usually opt for a different service.

My advice to all is to walk away from Comcast and to inform friends and neighbors about what you are experiencing.  I also suggest that anyone who wants to try Comcast to set up an alternative email address so that they are not in the situation I find myself in when they make the choice to cancel.

Contributor
rwbil

I agree wiith everyone here.  I literally hate Comcast. They completely rip off their existing customers!!

The reason Comcast can get away with such rip-off pricing and horrible customer service, is because the Government gives them a monopoly.  When I use to live in MD Comcast had to compete with Cox and guess what the prices were lower.  Comcast will tell you they compete against Satellite, but it is not the same.  The Government gives Comcast easement and allows them to dig in our yards to run lines.  They should be forced to compete.  Where I live now you can only choose Comcast as a cable service provider. 

Even though Comcast will try and talk about other companies that offer new customer deals, the fact is that 99% of companies offer their best pricing to existing customers. I am in real estate and if the contractor I deal with offered some new customer a better rate than I pay as a loyal customer, I would fire them immediately.  The difference is other businesses are not given monopolies.

I cannot wait for U-verse and other competition to come into the market.  When you call Comcast you just get some useless and unhelpful representatives.  As Netflix and other companies allows you to download more and more shows from the Internet, people such as myself that despise Comcast for their insane policies will leave.  I have no doubt Comcast would be out of business if they had to compete and where not given a monopoly. 

New Visitor
mikeh77586

I want to take the opportunity to thank all of these people for posting their experiences.  Comcast prices are better than ATT but it is obvious that the service is in the toilet.  I have another screen that I have Internet , phone & tv in the shopping cart and I almost clicked the purchase. I thought I would check the forums. What I really was looking for was a better explanation of my current bill when I stumbled into this forum instead.   I honestly wasn't looking for or expected to find so many people dissatisfied with Comcast and their service.  I really dodged a bullet on this one!!  Once again, I am sorry that so many had so many problems. But I am forever in their debt for giving me the heads up on this!!

Regular Contributor

Happy to hear that these forums are helping somebody, even if it is not actual Comcast customers.

New Visitor
curcust1

Please have someone update your web site:

http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Learn/HighSpeedInternet/highspeedinternet.html

as this page does not state anything about current customers taking advantage of the current specials -- even though, the Current Customer Tab is highlighted.

I spoke to 3 different people -- 14 minutes on the telephone-- (is there a quick way to get to someone who can modify services?) and was told that what the web shows isn't what is available to customers.  All I wanted was to take advantage of the $19.99 offer for 6 months (and yes, I understand it is a slower internet rate). The 3 person told me that rate is actually $26.xx for current customers.  I didn't scan for the fine print stating this rate is only for current customers who only have TV or phone with Comcast.

Maybe this is why we have to jump between Qwest and Comcast -- only new customers are treated fairly.

New Visitor
UserLarry

Be carefull of DirecTV.  I just moved from them to Comcast because of unfair billing practices, bait and switch pricing, and much more.  I paid over $300 in cancellation fees with DirecTV in order to get rid of them.  Comcast is new for me so I'm not experiencing the issues stated in this thread.  It's depressing, but the competition isn't necessarily better.  Qwest and DirecTV are NOT good partners...I'm just saying.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Direct TV: (and what do those who don't want to participate in Auto Bill Pay do?  And not everyone has a credit card)

All offers require 2 year agreement. Package pricing may vary in certain markets. Free HD requires Auto Bill Pay. Offers end 7/20/11 and are based on approved credit; credit card required, except in MA & PA. New customers only (lease required). Applicable use tax adjustment may apply to the retail value of the installation. Prices include a $26 bill credit for 12 months after rebate, plus an additional $5 with online rebate and consent to email alerts. In months 13-24, bill credit will be $16/mo. Eligibility based on ZIP code. †Whole-Home DVR service required for second receiver upgrade. Additional fees required. ° To the extent that there is a 2011 NFL season, New customers taking CHOICE ULTIMATE and above will be automatically enrolled in 2011 NFL SUNDAY TICKET and NFL SUNDAY TICKET To-Go at no additional cost. 

I *think* Dish Network has something similar regarding auto pay.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

[ Edited ]

For reference some items from the DISH website

BLOCKBUSTER offer valid for BLOCKBUSTER By Mail "1 Disc" at a time plan; requires activation of new qualifying DISH Network service between 5/18/11 and 8/10/11 and an online DISH Network account. BLOCKBUSTER By Mail account will require valid email address, Internet connection, and valid form of payment. You must redeem offer within 45 days of DISH Network service order. At end of 3 months you will
be charged then-current price unless you cancel BLOCKBUSTER By Mail service.
You can exchange online rentals for up to 5 in-store movie rentals per billing month. Exchanges are only valid at participating BLOCKBUSTER stores. Existing BLOCKBUSTER By Mail customers are not eligible. This offer is not available in Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands. BLOCKBUSTER name, design and related marks are trademarks of Blockbuster L.L.C. © 2011 Blockbuster L.L.C.

$700 Savings requires participation in Digital Home Advantage plan with 24-month agreement and credit
qualification. Cancellation fee of $17.50/month remaining applies if service is terminated before end of agreement. After 12 months of programming credits, then-current price will apply. $10/mo HD add-on fee waived for life of current account; requires 24-month agreement, continuous enrollment in AutoPay with
Paperless Billing. Premium Movie Package offer requires AutoPay with Paperless Billing; after 3 months then-current price applies unless you downgrade. Free Standard Professional Installation only. All equipment is leased and must be  returned to DISH Network upon cancellation or unreturned equipment fees apply.
Limit 6 leased tuners per account; upfront and monthly fees may apply based on type and number of receivers. HD programming requires HD television. Prices, packages and programming subject to change without notice. Offer available for new and qualified former customers, and subject to terms of applicable Promotional and Residential Customer agreements. Additional restrictions may apply. Offer ends 1/31/12. HBO®, Cinemax® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc. Starz® and related channels and service marks are the property of Starz Entertainment, LLC.

Getting HD Has Never Been Easier

Make sure you're experiencing true HD on your HDTV with DISH Network HD programming and receivers. We have the most HD channels in the industry. When you choose either a 24-Month agreement and AutoPay with Paperless Billing or a one-time non-refundable $99 Upgrade Payment, you'll receive HD Free for Life - that's a $120 value per year!

What you'll need for HD

An HDTV (Sold Separately)

An HD Receiver

Not a Customer? Order Now »

Customers call 1-800-333-DISH (3474) to upgrade your equipment* Learn More »

HD Programming

What you'll
need to do to get HD Free for Life:

OPTION
1: 24-Month agreement and AutoPay with
Paperless Billing

OPTION
2: One-time Non-refundable $99 Upgrade
Payment

How to get
HD FREE for Life

After you've activated your
account, login to your account »

Select Get HD for Life in the left navigation options

Add FREE HD for Life to your account

* Fee may apply to upgrade
equipment.

HD Free for Life offer
valid through 1/31/12 and subject to change without notice. $10/mo HD add-on
fee waived for life of current account;. Requires either a one-time $99 HD
Upgrade fee or 24-month agreement and AutoPay with Paperless Billing. Must maintain
minimum qualifying monthly programming, including America's Top 120 or
DishLATINO Dos, and continuous enrollment in AutoPay and Paperless Billing. If
qualifying service is terminated prior to end of agreement period, a
cancellation fee of $10.00 per cancelled month of service will apply.

New Visitor
tvlover63

I am sorry but I agree with this man and anyone else who says that Comcast does not care about their existing customers.  I have been a customer of Comcast since they came to Columbia, the area that I live in.  NOTHING in the way of incentives for loyalty or being a long time customer.  I'm sure if I cancelled my service, left them for a while and then came back I could get a fantastic deal.  It s absurd.  It is also absurd that they are mentioned in Consumer Reports for being so awful and that they treat you like they have a monopoly over your residential area when they do.  

As soon as I am either able to get satellite TV, Fios, or figure out some other form of television, I am gone!!!!  Comcast will loose this long time customer.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

you folks need to get into a promotion.  Yes you can get the same pricing as new customers but you have to ask for it.  call in and ask to be transferred to a custoer retention specialist.  Only they have the good deals for you.  I am always in a promo, you have to have competition in your area for this to work though.  Its like a credit card, you don't just pay interest you call in and tell them you want a lower rate or your cancelling your card. 

Visitor

Amen to all unhappy customers.  I have been a customer for 24 YEARS and they will not give me a break. 

Visitor

I agree, nobody at comcast cares about their current customers. I moved in May, and they were supposed to keep my current phone number. They didn't - changed the # without telling me (and I'm looking for a job!).

Through daily persistance, I've been able to get some credits, but not the promised ones. They keep showing my account as delinquent when it wasn't when I moved. Bills online have different balances due than the ones I receive. I have talked with 14 people now in customer service. They told me they can't change the bill date back to what it was. They told me they would send me 4 movie credit slips, but only sent one. And my bill keeps going up and up and up. I have no idea what I owe on a monthly basis now, and the people that I talked to have ridiculed me because their billing (online) system shows different balances than the bill I have just received. Of course, I am not intelligent enough to figure out the billing system online. I wonder how that happened? I used to be able to read my bills online quite easily just a few months ago. When the last person I spoke with told me that I didn't know how to read the bills, he transferred me to someone who was at least polite. But about 2 seconds later, we were disconnected. Although she had my account number, address, phone, SSN and could have called me back, she didn't.

This is disgusting treatment. If I can't even find out what my monthly bill should be, and no one is willing to explain discrepancies, of even small amounts, and I can't change my bill date back to what it was, and they send me two or three bills at a time, all with unrelated balances due, what am I supposed to do? Why should I pay anything? And my acccount is NOT past due. It was not past due because their bills state something like If your cable was installed in the past 30 days because you have moved, it is not past due.

Why should I have to go through this anymore? I am just going to call and cancel. Nobody knows anything about what they are doing, and no one is polite at all.  So much for the "customer guarantee" that they keep talking about.

Why can't I get any help on this?????

Very, very,very, very, very, very appalled customer.

Contributor
yardvark2

Same thing here. We have been coustomers for 20 years. After MANY phone calls and much frustration, they gave me a "bundled price" of $119 for internet, cable and home phone. Guess what? My first bill just came and after they add all the fees and taxes, my bill is $167, not $119 as promised. I'm calling AT&T TODAY!

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

yardvark

Comcast bills a month in advance. Because this is your first bill, it may have partial month charges plus the next month charges. If this is the case, your next bill will be lower.

Call Comcast and ask if this is the case for you. You need to find out for sure if you signed a contract. You have 30 days to cancel the service without penalty and if wait until after the 2nd bill it will be to late to cancel unless you want to the early termination fee.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor
yardvark2

I would never sign a contract with Comcast! This is actually my second bill. I had to fight tooth and nail to get the first one straight. I have been a Comcast customer for 20 years and all I wanted to do was lower my bill, by bundling services. My phone service has been with AT&T for 34 years and never had an issue. I was just trying to lower my monthly budget. I will not call customer service again because you have to talk to 13 different people who give you 13 different answers and I am DONE!!!