Visitor

Early Termination Fee

Last week i moved to an apartment where there is no comcast service available and i was told that i will not be charged an early termination fee. I called 3 times and confirmed that there was not going to be an early termination fee.

Guess what?? I have been charged $150. So when i call them again they said i have to fill some kind of an ETF exempt form which i can find online by clicking the Forms link.

Guess what?? There is no forms link. Are you kidding me? I wish folks at comcast knew what they were talking about.

They can not even send me the form in mail to my new address. They can only send it to my old address. What kind of a silly system is that? Is Comcast a real company of just a joke?

Email Expert

Re: Early Termination Fee

I've asked a forum moderator to escalate this for you.
Bronze Problem Solver
lunski

Nish1978 wrote:

Last week i moved to an apartment where there is no comcast service available and i was told that i will not be charged an early termination fee. I called 3 times and confirmed that there was not going to be an early termination fee.

Guess what?? I have been charged $150. So when i call them again they said i have to fill some kind of an ETF exempt form which i can find online by clicking the Forms link.

Guess what?? There is no forms link. Are you kidding me? I wish folks at comcast knew what they were talking about.

They can not even send me the form in mail to my new address. They can only send it to my old address. What kind of a silly system is that? Is Comcast a real company of just a joke?

Hello,

Are you able to email your best contact number, service address, account phone number and experience to my email address below? Please include a link to your post and copy of the post so I am aware of the issue.

Thank you.

George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator
New Visitor
Zane2011

I was just told as well that I would have to pay a $250 ETF, after I was told on 4 different occasions that I would NOT have to pay the EFT if I was to move to a place where COMCAST was not available.  Well, I am now moving to a location where unfortunately the comcast service is NOT available, and being penalized.  This is a VERY unfair business practice from the LARGEST communcations company in the United States.  I would like to know to either get all the Comcast representatives all on the same page, or get a waiver for the EFT.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Zane, I am reporting your issue to the forum admin. Please check back here for his reply.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

I just got this escalated to a leader in your area. Someone will be in touch with you tomorrow.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin
New Visitor
Zane2011

Between this forum, and an email to the corporate office I received a very nice call from a lead at the local district office, who informed me that I was told erroneous information, and there would indeed be no ETF on my account. 

As a learning lesson to the Comcast management, both training needs to be held on a recurring basis for this topic, which seems to be a repeating discussion upon numerous customers. 

Additionallly, there needs to be detailed information posted on the website discussing the circumstances in which ETF apply, and to provide examples. 

Thanks for those who participated in my concerns and those fellow customers, past and present.

Zane Meadows

New Visitor
dnotes

Same thing happened to me.  I just called to inform them I was moving, and the area I'm moving to has no comcast service.  It is in Lyle, Washington.  I have been happy with my business class internet, and would love to keep it, but I'm sure it would cost them like a zillion dollars to run cable or something.  But now, they say I'm going to be assessed an early termination fee.

I asked, specifically, at least twice, before signing up for the service, if such a fee would be assessed if I moved to an area in which comcast had no service.  I was told, specifically, by two people as I recall, that of course the fees would not be assessed in that case.  That seemed to coincide with the terms and conditions, which read that early termination fees would be assessed if a customer terminated "without cause" and "for convenience".  Now they are telling me there will be a fee.  This is outrageous.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

dnotes, I am reporting your issue to the forum admin.   Please check back here for his reply.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

dnotes wrote:

Same thing happened to me.  I just called to inform them I was moving, and the area I'm moving to has no comcast service.  It is in Lyle, Washington.  I have been happy with my business class internet, and would love to keep it, but I'm sure it would cost them like a zillion dollars to run cable or something.  But now, they say I'm going to be assessed an early termination fee.

I asked, specifically, at least twice, before signing up for the service, if such a fee would be assessed if I moved to an area in which comcast had no service.  I was told, specifically, by two people as I recall, that of course the fees would not be assessed in that case.  That seemed to coincide with the terms and conditions, which read that early termination fees would be assessed if a customer terminated "without cause" and "for convenience".  Now they are telling me there will be a fee.  This is outrageous.

Hello - we do not have insight into business accounts in this forum, but I do see that you've contacted our Corporate Office through other means. Jane Baine withg the OR Regional office has been asked to look into this and circle back to you. My notes indicate that she's contacted you just a few minutes ago and left a message.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin
New Visitor
allison_sn

Before I signed up for Comcast - Xfinity Internet 2 go, I checked with comcast to make sure they have internet connection service in my area and I was told yes.  But to be sure I can access to all locations, I signed up for Nationwide 3G/4G Network.  After I signed up, I continued having problems with the connections and the device.  I called in for Technical Support, all they wanted me to do was to UN-install and Re-Install the device..I kept doing and hoped the problem could be fix.  

But I still could not use the 3G Mobile Internet Connection most of the time.  I was frustrated because I am paying for NATIONWIDE MOBILE 3G/4G network, but I could not use 98% of the time. I have to use WiFi internet access from the people I know in order to get the pass codes.  Without the pass code, I can't use the 3G Mobile Internet that I am paying for.

I requested to disconnect the service as it is not fair for me to continue paying for the service that I am not getting.., then they wanted to charge me $150 for Early Termination Fee...What the heck??!

If they provide good internet connection service, I don't mind to keep paying them...I am not happy with their mobile internet connection....No wonder they wanted to lock their customers into a contract, so they could get something out of it.  I hope they are not just making money out of the Early Termination Fee.

Visitor
lies

I agree with the majority of the people in this forum. People need to get their information straight. I just moved to a new place and before I moved I called to switch my services. However they told me that it wasn't serviceable since the complex where I am moving has contract with another provider. Well now that I call to cancel my account...Guess what! The lady tells me that I will be charged an ETF of $1300!!!! Are you kidding me!. I told her what they told me, when I had previously called and she basically called me a liar and said to figure it out. What kind of customer service is this?!?

Email Expert
CCCarole

I have notified the Administrator of your post.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

lies-

Sorry for the late response. Has your issue been resolved?

Thanks,

-ComcastLarry-

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Visitor
lies

No it has not.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

[ Edited ]

Could you please send me your information in a Private Message?

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
New Visitor
islandlife_art

As I am about to move, wondering what is supposed to happen given these circumstances:

Started Comcast service in August of 2010 in a condo I have been renting.  Moving towns (to Seattle) this coming August to a condo building where DirectTV service has a contract already in place with the entire building and that service is bundled in to my rental payments.

Is Comcast still going to expect to charge me the ETF?

Planning for the future...

Thanks.

Email Expert
CCCarole

i would call 1-800 comcast and inquire so you don't have any surprises when you move.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Visitor
islandlife_art

Thanks...I'll contact them.

But it seems from the previous postings that calling them doesn't seem to represent the reality of what is supposed to happen. 

Email Expert
CCCarole

My only other suggestion then is to go to your local Comcast office, inquire there, and ask them to give you a copy of what is suppose to happen in a case like this?

New Visitor
emiken17

Early Termination Fee

I just spent several hours on the phone to 1800-comcast. The first woman was very rude and informed me that my contract did not expire until 12-11, so I would receive a $100 ETF even if I wanted to transfer my service because I am moving out of the network. I then spoke with a woman who seemed very helpful, but told me that my contract expired 10-11 and I would receive an ETF of an unknown amount. She said there is no way to know how much the termination fee will be until I receive the final bill. How can a company have two different dates for my contract expiration and invoke an ETF that is of an unknown amount? I am extremely disappointed with comcast!

New Visitor
C-HOLLAND

I purchased the internet to go. I have a laptop computer and thought that is what I needed. I was told this weekend that I can just purchase a modem. I then called comcast to see about getting internet service for my house and returning the internet to go that I have only had since 6/28/11. I was told I would have to pay for both or pay $150.  I could understand if I was canceling my service all together.

New Visitor
ferdiee

I was hoping that I wouldn't be the unfortunate ones to get slapped with ETF when I had to move to an area that Comcast doesn't service due to my wife's new job - especially when there have been a lot of complaints on this board about it. You would hope that Comcast would at least get this straight.

Unfortunately I was wrong, and I got charged $45. Not as painful as others' on this board, but in my principle it's just unfair. I called the 800-945-2288 number, and the nice lady (Anna) couldn't help. She even checked with others (I'm assuming the supv). The charge is there to stay. I guess in the monopolistic world of cable service, you can pretty much tell your customers to take it or leave it. But in my book, I'm willing to be a loyal customer for a great service, as well as willing to pay for the service - guess what, Comcast, you've lost a customer for life. If anyone could help, that'd be great - but if not, well, c'est la vie!

New Visitor
tfaust

Something similar happened to me.  I had a business account with Comcast for 5 years, and then they charged me $350 early termination fee when I moved to a new address where I was told that comcast business wasn't available.

This is the biggest scam I have ever heard of.  Where do they get off charging me an ETF after I have been a customer for 5 years?  In fact I am still a customer just with a new account.

New Visitor
jeffak

Early Termination Fee

I was told today that I have to pay an early termination fee of $540, because my business account auto-renewed in October (something I was not made aware of).  The contract I signed back in 2008 mentions NOTHING about an ETF, and the website I was sent to to read about it no longer exists.  I need to have this fee either SIGNIFICANTLY reduced or eliminated.  What are my options?  Thank you.

New Visitor
memorialchick04

Hey this might help as I have a friend who works for comcast. When you call and speak with someone who says they can't help ask for a supervisor if he can't help then ask for his supervisor and work your way down and usually it gets resolved or waived depending on reason. If you just switched service and didn't want comcast anymore unfortunatly you sign a paper saying there will be a Early termination fee. as for moving where comcast dont have service you should be able to get the fee eliminated!

New Visitor
jaak

1500 USD in Early Termination Fee ????

[ Edited ]

Same thing happen to us, i have it in both our office and home. To the place we are moving now Comcast do not have any services, so instead they claim i have to pay 1500 USD in termination fee, 1500 USD for something that i absolutly cant use. I wanted to keep the service but they dont supply it in the new area. I was also told we did not haver to be charged if we moveed and they did not supply theservice in that area.

And unfortunatly they could not be any futher from helpfull at all.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: 1500 USD in Early Termination Fee ????

I would contact the We Can Help Team:

You may send an email to the We Can Help Team at:  :We_can_help@cable.comcast.com
.Please include all of the following in your email:
Service address
The full name on your account
Home phone number & an alternate number where you can be reached if possible
You Comcast Account number
A link to this Thread
A detailed description of the problem

Contributor
KirbyLikesTacos

These guys are nothing but crooks.

These guys are nothing but crooks. I called in today saying I wanted to cancel my comcast CABLE not internet, not phone, and they told me I had to pay $250 to cancel cable and that I verbally agreed to a contract in October Which wasn't true at all and the stupid lady told me she had a recording of me saying it. I called her out on it to let me hear it. Let me hear the recording. 

I could tell she was petrified she started studdering and speaking nonsense so after I was on hold for nearly half an hour. I knew she was trying to look for something that wasn't there so of course she puts on her little friend. Who tells me she can't let me hear the recording, go figure. That they would send me some sort of contract  saying that I verbally agreed to have my contract extended from October to next year. My first reaction was how in the bluest of blue heII is she going to send me a contract of something in writing if it was a verbal agreement? So I told her to send the contract, guess what ladies and gentlemen? She can only send the contract if I cancel my services and pay the ETF of $250.  :smileylaugh: 

These guys are nothing but criminals who should be ashamed of themselves for robbing people like this. These people are morons. I switched to Directv and I've gotten nothing but great customer service.

Oh boy they're gonna get an earful from me when I go into their local office later today. 

Contributor
KirbyLikesTacos

Re: These guys are nothing but crooks.

[ Edited ]

Hahaha. I came back from the local office a couple of hours ago and guess what? I don't even need to pay an ETF according to them. All they asked me was to bring the equipment, which I did and everything was just fine. The woman did try to defend the 2 ladies but even she knew they were crooks. She just kept saying that they were "misinformed" and it was a mistake but she understood how I felt and helped me with my problem very quickly.

Just goes to show how these scammers work. Threaten to cancel and refuse to "lower the bill" and they'll hit you with bull manure about fake contracts just to steal more money. No wonder Comcast was rated the worst company in America.