New Visitor
valsegul

Electronic Change Fee?

[ Edited ]

What is a

Electronic Change Fee?

I used the search bar, and nothing came up.

Of course the bill has no useful information. 

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: Electronic Change Fee?

Where on the bill is that located?

I'm wondering if that could be a fee charged if you downgraded or upgraded your Comcast services.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor

It's supposed to be "Electronic Charge Fee." They can't even spell it right.

Comcast is now charging you $5 if you pay your bill electronically, which is preposterous. Even more ridiculous: snail mail does not have such a charge. It's supposed to be the reverse: it's more expensive for a company to handle snail mail, and they usually REWARD electronic-paying customers for keeping their costs down. But not Comcast, nooooooo.

You can also avoid the fee by paying your bill on the Comcast website with a credit card, or letting them have access to your checking account. Are you SERIOUS?

Trying to deal with this through live chat is nothing short of nightmarish. If you have ever seen the movie, "Pacific Heights," that is what it's like. Comcast is the Michael Keaton character.

New Visitor

I just reviewed my bill and noticed that I was charged $10 for an Electronic Change Fee. I called Comcast and a CSR advised me that when I UPGRADED my service on 8/25/12, Comcast now charges a one-time fee of $5. So, not only was I overcharged (the CSR is crediting my account $5), I'm still trying to understand why a company would charge it's customer a FEE for UPGRADING their service!!! I am beyond dumbfounded about this charge!!!

Email Expert
CCCarole

FWIW, That fee has been charged for quite a while already... Both when upgrading or down grading service as well.

Not making light of it, I do agree!...

But wanna hear a funny one?  Recently I received a check in the mail for 47¢ from an insurance company.  Now- it cost them something to process the check, the paper that check was printed on,etc. and 45¢ for the stamp to mail it to me.....My DH wouldn't deposit it, he ripped it up and threw it in the trash. :smileylaugh:

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
awashburn242

I have three of those on my first bill and I paid in cash in the store. I am still trying to figure it out. 

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

awashburn242 wrote:

I have three of those on my first bill and I paid in cash in the store. I am still trying to figure it out. 

There is an Electronic CHANGE fee which they charge when you make service changes. That fee is $2.99

The CHARGE fee is for paying your bill over the phone. I'm not sure of the amount for this one is but at one time it was more than $2.99.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
awashburn242

I just had my issue resolved over the chat. Great service with it. I was actually charged this fee because I had to change my DVR 3 times and they gave me this charge for changing them. I had to change them because they didn't work right. Now everything is resolved. I understand the charge if it's something you choose to do on your own accord. They made it right since it was the faulty equipment that made me change. 

New Visitor
Kevin172

Just another example of their long list of incompetence.  I dumped them because they simply could not install what I ordered in my home.  They got it wrong EVERY single time.  Of course, they had these electronic change fees on their.  I haven't and am not going to pay them a penny.  Comcast should be out of business as a cable provider.  They are pathetic.

Contributor
Mike_tn

I just got an ELECTRONIC CHG FEE of $2.99 which will appear on my next bill and the best I can quess as to why, is it's because I turned in my Wireless Gateway yesterday. I bought my own router/modem gateway at Best Buy. I had been renting one from Comcast for a year. So I got penalized for turning in their property to them and activating another in order to keep their services.

If not that then the charge is from a change from an introductory internet special that just expired this billing cycle. I "had" to pick a new deal which was about $10 a month more expensive.

So either I was charged $2.99 for giving them back their Wireless Gateway which was in mint condition, or because I "had" to change to a $10 a month "more" expensive plan. Either reason seems like internet robbery to me.

But Comcast has a monopoly on wired and wireless services along with Verizon, AT&T and TimeWarner. They each stay out of the others territory and avoid upgrading to optical fiber transmission. You get worse service at higher price than most other countries of similar socio economic status as the USA.