New Visitor
dancinreds

Equipment fee increase? But I have the same equipment as last year!

My contract was recently renewed with Comcast and I went from paying $92 per month to $127. I noticed the big increase was due to the fact that they raised my equipment charge significantly. Has anyone had this happen to them? All of my equipment stayed the same in my home and I didn't add any new services.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Equipment fee increase? But I have the same equipment as last year!

do you have a contract that auto renews?  Most promos only last one or two years then you come out of your promo.  you can try to get back into one to lower your price but that does not always work.  Are you sure your contract renewed.  What were your price increases.  it does not matter that you have no new services if you were in a promo and your out now your price will go up. 

New Visitor
dancinreds

The promo price ended, yes, but I didn't think that applied to the equipment.  We knew our internet and cable were increasing, but there was nothing said about equipment increases prior to receiving the new bill.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Comcast promo's include discounts for everything, including the equipment that is how they are able to give you a lower price.  Try calling and see if they can put you back into a promo.