Contributor
cmkoch2010

Re: Existing Customer --- No Offers for loyalty?

I hope it is real soon.  COMCAST IS TERRIBLE TO CURRENT CUSTOMERS!

Most Valued Poster
TerriB

I am a highest tier triple play customer. I haved waved off FIOS offers for years as I am very happy with Comcast  and all I want  is to keep my cost at its current level. It was a promotion a year ago when I called to go to a  much lower tier as we had/have serious financial issues. The cust rep was very nice to me and offered to 'rebundle' my service and saved me $40  and I didn't have to give up anything . I never gave FIOS another thought BUT its almost been a year and the promotion is going to end and I am not in a position to pay the increase which I am sure by now is more than the $40 I have been saving. I will have to switch to FIOS even though I really don't want to . We have given up all 'going out' entertainment so our cable show/movie variety is very important as its the only entertainment we have. I really hate to leave Comcast after 20+ years.

Tb

Most Valued Poster
TerriB

What is this Comcast retention center I keep reading about?  I know there is no special number for it and how do I get a cust rep to transfer me without either long wait time or having the call dropped which happens every time I call them for any reason and they have to transfer me

Contributor
jthomp

TerriB - The retention center is there to attempt to keep customers who state they will leave for a competitor.  From what I've gathered they are able to handle better deals than a normal sales rep would.

So to add to the excitement going on here I'm pretty ticked about my own bill.  I've had a pretty good deal going on now, not even sure how my wife was able to manage getting it in the first place.

But.. my bill is now well over $100.  I fail to see how costs have gone up considering that cost of living has sky rocketed while actual employment pay has stagnated over the last several years.  Profits are roaring for most large companies while the rest languish with this recession.  Having new customers as loss-leaders probably isn't a great model going forward with this new generation of consumers (ie my generation).

Begin Rant :

Note about Sales Reps - They do some pretty unscrupulous stuff in order to get their numbers up in whatever period they're in.  Each upsell they accomplish they get a kick back from.  As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure any phone-rep has the ability to get small-ish kickback for getting an extra sale in.

Reading most of this thread has got me boiled.  Both this area and broadband reports are just filled with people who obviously are not happy with Comcast but all Comcast does is sit in the back (possibly reading posts) and doesn't actually make any major changes to their BUSINESS MODEL.  Sure they answer a handful of posts but in the grand scheme of things these are band-aids to a much larger issue that Comcast is going to have to deal with at some point or deal with droves of people leaving.

What I mean by this is look at where technology is heading, anticipate what customers want.  In this day and age customers my age (29) are very vocal about what we want (both regarding price & services). We're not being coy when we state exactly what we want.  If we don't get it we'll go else where.  The whole model of: get new customer @ Discount A > wait some time > customer promo ends > customer calls > we give them a slightly less better deal @ Discount B > wait some time > customer promo ends again @ Promo B > Customer leaves > Customer Comes back for new promo after competitor promo dies.

I'm telling you right now that model is about to die in about 2-5 years.  Sooner hopefully as it is a horrible model towards the customer.  Comcast is going to slowly die, with exception to its internet business.  I've already predicted Best Buy bitting the bullet; well before they closed their stores and switched to Cell phone stores...think around the time of CompUSA closing up shop(late 2002/2003).  Which I can already see where they're going with that and it won't work either (tiered pricing).  Good luck.  My gen grew up on all you can eat, Pandora's box was already opened.  Too late to that game.  Should have tried that on about 2 generations before mine and at least 3-4 generations prior to my sister's and cousins.  Verizon is catching wind of Google's Gigabit broadband rollout in KS and it is already turning heads.  So better compeition IS just around the corner.  Better try to change your customer outlook now while you still have a sliver of a chance to do so.

BTW: I do feel a little sorry for the guys/gals manning the phones at Comcast as they do put up with a ton from customers.  But that would change if those same employees brought up these issues internally as a group - not individually as that won't change anything at the company.  The company is too big to listen to just 1 or 2 people.  If a whole office got involved to change the way the company does business then I think Comcast would actually deserve having that Customer Satisfaction Guarantee image on this site and might actually make some sort of lasting change within the company...still doubtful since most of those changes come from the Executives at the company and I'm fairly certain with the way they use their legal department they have no intention of actually listening to the customer; read about Boxee et al.  Removing simple access to channels for Clear QAM users...effectively making their 1st gen HD TV QAM basically worthless; this equates to a brick within a TV (ie: parts which have absolutely no use now that Clear QAM channels are being completely encrypted).

Seriously, some of the issues I've seen should have had easy resolutions but because of what is obviously company policy to not actually help the customer save any cash on their *current* service their Customer Support outlook keeps going south.  I hate calling because I know I'm going to have to deal with hoops.

/end Rant

I'll give some alternatives since not many have been given:

Software

1. Netflix ( Best for TV shows just about 1 year behind current TV)
  2. Amazon Prime ($79 per YEAR + free shipping on most items on Amazon.com)
  3. HULU or HULU Plus (Mostly for TV Shows probably more current than Netflix or Prime)
  4. Network Websites themselves - Many stream their own shows the very next day
  5. MythTV - Allows for DVR'ing of shows (better used with a CableCard unit)

Hardware:

1. HD Antenna (Channels 1-9 at least are free OTA (over the air) ) - about $30 bucks or so (deff < $50) from Target
  2. ROKU Box - Enables the use of Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc connection to your TV using a small box connected to the internet (wired & wireless are available) - 1 time cost of $80-100 for the box itself individiual "Channels" that you can add may have their own associated costs, but most of them are free.  Channels are basically small apps downloaded and installed on the box locally.  Those "channels" all you access to the various streaming networks.
  3. Apple TV - Not as familiar with this device, but it works pretty much like the ROKU Box I believe but uses Apple's iTunes System.  Not sure if it allows for other apps or not.
  4. CableCard - Rent the CableCard instead of the actual cablebox.  CableCards decrypt the signal from the cable company.  The CableCard box might be pricey for some, but it is a 1 time cost (usually $80-200+ depending on the model)

I'm contemplating dumping Comcast for pure Netflix + Prime and maybe completing it with some Live TV from Dish since they actually have a system where I can watch/DVR from multiple rooms.  I have yet to see anything remotely simliar from Comcast.  Not only that the cost is about HALF of what Comcast charges.

I'm actually looking to start going to local government meetings in order to see if Verizon is available.  If they aren't I'm certainly going to start a movement to get them to lay down some FIOS.  I'm sure once things turn around financially in this country they'll start to lay out Fiber again.

Most Valued Poster
TerriB

Jthomp-

That was such a well written and interesting 'rant' and I loved it. You are spot on with so many of your comments. I am quite a ranter myself. I am a good deal older than the age group you spoke of but I am tech savvy and don't like to be taken advantage of. I used Comcast Chat after reading this is better than the call center on the phone as I can control the conversation. Got a good rep and talked about loyalty, our financial woes, needing to lower our Triple Play Tier and looking strongly at FIOS who plies us with offers and even knocked on the door when they installed a pedestal for our only neighbor on our dead end road . At that time I let Comcast and FIOS 'fight' for me and Comcast won hands down. The following year when that promotion ended I was able to be 'rebuncled' and got even more savings. At this point  I could be content to keep the price I have although lowering it again would be more to my liking. According to Comcast 'tier pricing' right now my bill would rise $40 and THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN and I will leave them.

I went thru all this with rep and even more and he assured me (I kept the transcript) I would be able to take advantage of offers that would keep my bill the same or perhaps even lower but  they cannot address it until after Aug 1 which is a month from the end of my current promotion. I pressed him to tell me what the current loyalty promotion is but could not get it out of him and I came at him from many angles. I asked if he could give me THAT promotion now but he said it would be replaced by another on Aug 1 and only one is offered at a time. I  told him that one might not be as good as the one they have now . I told him I had no problem leaving Comcast for FIOS to save money and needed lead time to set things up with Verizon so needed to get an offer from Comcast very soon. Once again he assured me I would get a promotion that would please me.  He put all my concerns into my account record so I don't have to repeat myself next time (his words) but I am prepared to repeat it all of course. I will give them the benefit of the doubt at this point and call on Aug 1. I also asked if it was better to call or use chat again and he assured me it made no difference but we shall see.  My promotion ends Sept 7 so I will still have time to jump ship if they can't do something good for me.

Tick tick

Terri

Contributor
cmkoch2010

Everyone should do this "JUMP SHIP" and see where comcast would be...They just don't care!

Most Valued Poster
TerriB

I think they need to be approached in a certain way and we might be surprsied. It also depends heavily on who you get in cust service or retention. I intend to call over and over until I am satisfied.  I have never had one minute of trouble with any of my Comcast services over the decades so I really don't want to leave BUT I will jump ship if they don't take care of me. I am trying not to be angry when I speak with them. Honey vs vinegar.  I am not a patient person when it comes to my MONEY so they need to take care of me or bye bye.

Terru

Contributor

that is total BS

Most Valued Poster
TerriB

New visitor....you are certainly entitled to that opinion. We are all in a different situation and everyone has different experiences. Thats why we get on here to share and support and offer suggestions. What works for me may not work for anyone else but I will play the game the best I can and hope for the best outcome and share how I did it in hopes it helps someone else. I am a pessimist by nature so anything good that happens to me is really special.

Terri

New Visitor
dancingirl51

Larry,

I am sorry but I have to disagree with you...I was given inaccurate information when I signed up for the supposed Xfinity package - I repeated myself to the technician at the time three times about what the base rate was and that including taxes it should not be more than $20 more.  Well my bill is 40-50 dollars more and each time I call I get a different story - I have been with Comcast for years, but if this is the way you treat customers, I will be leaving as soon as my contract time is up.

New Visitor
clarahardy35

I agree, I have had service with comcast for only about two and a half mos. was told that my first month's cost would be 99,00 plus taxes 2nd mo 129.00 plus taxes and 3rd mo. 139.00 plus taxes, so far up to 7/11/12 i have pd 600;00, had my service turned off twice. by the way I made arrangements and was told that the person that i talked to did not have the authority to do so, Duh how was i suppose to know this.I DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT LIKE COMCAST AT ALL. DO NOT DO NOT USE COMCAST!!!!!!!!!!

Regular Contributor
joeyd50

Comcast could care less if you stay or go, they just don't care

New Visitor
tlt61

They will care when we're all gone!

New Visitor
pas914

I am done being aggravated about Comcast.  I dumped their TV service for DirecTV and couldnt be happier.  I kept the internet until now, but the time has come to dump that too.  Customer service is HORRIBLE, customer loyalty is non existent, and the pricing is insulting.  Goodbye.

Contributor
Adamtheman3

Comcast customer service is the worse. Im cancelling now as we speak.

New Visitor
pas914

Update:

I called back and cancelled my service this morning.  I was asked why I was cancelling, and I explained the whole scenario -- how I was told, upon upgrading to Blast, that I would be eligible for the "current promotion" when my initial promotion expired, and how I was now being told otherwise (do not qualify for ANY promotional or reduced pricing).  The CSR's response? He stated "that is what they (whom ever I spoke with the first time) were being instructed to tell you at the time you accepted the 6 month promotion.  But in April we (presumably CSRs) were told that we couldn't offer consecutive promotions anymore and that we should just apologize for the inconvenience."    Huh? So Comcast's position is that they know they promised their customer's something in order to entice them into an "upsell", they dont want to deliver, so apologize and collect full price? I think not. 

I think the days of cable internet are winding down -- with the rapid progression of wireless speeds, and the inherent market competition in that arena, I don't see how cable (especially a company like Comcast) can survive as an internet provider ...

New Visitor
SRS21

I just called and talked to JOE. First, he was SO unhelpful and had a rude tone the entire time. I wanted to switch my tv over with Dish bc they have a better deal and KEEP internet and voice with comcast who we have been customers with for soo long. The deals comcast has for loyal customers is INSANELY bad. I cant believe that we have to pay more just because we have been with them for longer? That makes no sense. I am looking elsewhere for my phone service. 

New Visitor
SRS21

I just called and talked to JOE. First, he was SO unhelpful and had a rude tone the entire time. He was speaking to me like ohhh comcast is this BIG company and losing one customer isnt gonna matter because we rip loyal customers off anyway.

I wanted to switch my tv over with Dish bc they have a better deal and KEEP internet and voice with comcast who we have been customers with for soo long. The deals comcast has for loyal customers is INSANELY bad. I cant believe that we have to pay more just because we have been with them for longer? That makes no sense. I am looking elsewhere for my phone service. 

New Visitor
farid1

Read all the post and mean ALL and I must say STOP GETTING WHAT YOU CANNOT AFFORD. Comcast do not owe anyone anything this is all optional like your cell phone provider. If you call and ask for retention and speak with courtesy and some form of humanistic behavior you would get what you ask forum can drive a 2013 Cadillac making a 1999 Honda accord salary. No business and I mean no business is in the business to give away products or loss money. You have to be smart and get what you can afford. If you bill is over your budget then reduce some things.

Most Valued Poster
TerriB

[ Edited ]

so far when my most recent one year promotion on my premium triple play expires next month I will be given the same rate for another year.  This was offered by the retention dept  before I even started to fuss or threaten.  They saw the notes from my on line chat last month and reviewed my account/history and made the offer. I am not through negotiating yet because if it was that easy to retain the same bottom line...hmmmm...perhaps I can get them to go a bit lower and if not we are happy to keep the same reduction we have had for a year already. Budget is really tight but as long as there is no increase I will remain with them as their  quality and service  and reliability where we live has never been an issue. Not being a Pollyanna but they have served us well for decades BUT if that changes....I will jump to FIOS in a red hot NY minute.

Recognized Contributor
Bill-1948

farid1

I can only speak for my self. I live in a Comcast only community. Comcast is free to provide there services as a legal monopoly (to price and provided services,as they wish.) Your are correct "(I must say STOP GETTING WHAT YOU CANNOT AFFORD. Comcast do not owe anyone anything this is all optional like your cell phone provider").

I am the customer i provide Comcast with money for goods and services. I wish to pay for,at a fair price. As a customer i am the reason you are in business. I make Comcast a profit. I pay the bills each month. I pay for Comcast to grow the business.

If i am a good customer that pays on time each month. Could you give me a small discount for this? You and Comcast say no. If we are retired on a fixed income, or any fixed income,for any reason. Can we get a small discount? You and Comcast says no. We are existing customers. Are we not important to you and your employer?

You and your employer miss understands what we say. Give us a break just like new customers. Long time existing customers provided Comcast with the income to grow.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Comcast-Sees-156000-New-Broadband-Subscribers-120599

Earnings were helped tremendously on the quarter by the fact that the average Comcast subscriber bill is now $148.57.

Contributor
Joesh

I felt the same way. I had double play at $84/mo after taxes and my bill just jumped to $133/mo after taxes. After calling and threatening to cancel they could only offer me what I had for $111/mo after taxes, which was still about $30 higher than I was willing to pay. Set up a cancellation date of August 18, so we will see if Comcast cares enough to keep me as a customer to call me back and give me a better offer, otherwise I am going to DirectTV.

Contributor
Matt04

We have the same issue.  Never liked comcast however it is the only interent service in our area, they know this so they can charge whatever they would like.  Today we called in about the "CURRENT CUSTOMER", we were then told we would be breaking the 2 yr contract if we got the lower prices.  So at this point we have no choice but to pay a higher cost then new people, or pay comcast about 205$$ to cancel. We found through different places we can save about 55$ a month and keep home phone,net, and cable t.v with 290 chan, comcast knows this so they will not help out the customers they have, it is sad really.

New Visitor
PC10210

Yep, same thing!  After a year you don't get as high a discount so you pay a little more.  When I called about it I was speaking to the Accounts Receivable or collections department and the representative continuously said I'd have to pay a fee for breaking the 2 year contract.  After I realized they weren't the best department to speak with I found someone in the billing department who told me that although it is said that there is a "contract"  there are NO fees for changing services of any sort OR discontinuing their services!

*I think it was option 4 or 5 on the automation when you call 1800Comcast.  Make sure it's during business hours or you'll be redirected to a department that won't be able to help!

New Visitor
farid1

my friend believe me if it was possible we would. If you is on a promotion with a discount then another promotion is just not available. After the promtion with the discount end call and inquire if there is anything any department can do to reduce your bill. Believe it or not Comcast have rules and laws they have to follow like any other provider( Uverse Fios Dish Directtv etc..) govern by the government and FCC. Your statement is true( I am the customer i provide Comcast with money for goods and services. I wish to pay for,at a fair price. As a customer i am the reason you are in business. I make Comcast a profit. I pay the bills each month. I pay for Comcast to grow the business) .. But rememeber these services is optional. Although Comcast donot want to lose any customer and will go to the extreme for long term customer it wouldnt make financial sense to charge existing long term customer the same as a new customer. A new customer have to p[ay for installation -activation- deposit- their first bill would equal greater than existing customer billing by 74%. Also comcast do offer door to door saleman ...

Recognized Contributor
Bill-1948

farid1  The point you and your employer miss is just give us a small percent discount. I speak for myself.  Had Comcast TV cable service 2 times. First time picture and sound was bad on all channels. Every time we called your employer,the service person came out. Said its your TV,and drove off. The second time about 4 years later. We retired,replaced 2 TV's with new TV's HD. Called Comcast got everything but movie channels. The picture and sound was messed up. 3 or 4 trips to office getting new equipment. Your employers service people said its your TV. Had Dish installed,HD on both sets. No more problems with picture and sound. I live in a Comcast only community.

Being retired,and a customer of Comcast from 2006 till now. Your employer will not offer me any discount. Existing Customer --- No Offers for loyalty. Pay $70.00 for 3mb internet.

Most Valued Poster
TerriB

Contract? I have never had a contract with Comcast. I am a customer just like with my electric company. Maybe its because i have triple play or have been with them for decades?

New Visitor
Pipmeister

You have got to be kidding me! I nearly fell off my chair laughing at this statement. Oh, and by the way, I am just about to pick up the phone and cancel after the extensive and continued poor service from Comcast, both their product and their support staff. Already switched to ATT, already saving $$$, better customer support (way, way, way better) and enginess arrived promptly and HASN'T had to come back (unlike every Comcast contractor).  It's funny.. they lable it Xfinity - yet it's the same old product (well it is in our area, Houston.) Channel guides and functionality that looks like it came out of the 1990s  -and they want to charge me $200.

Most Valued Poster
TerriB

My only  alternative is Verizon FIOS or a dish and I would rather not have tv than deal with a dish.  I live in the heavily populated DC suburbs in Northern Virginia and for some reason AT&T does not provide service here.

I got the news from Comcast to upgrade my internet speed and when nothing changed I checked out the modem I have and guess what? Its not compatible with the new speed. I bought my own many years ago to SAVE money so now they offer me something free but I would have to spend a lot to take advantage of it.

<sigh>

Contributor

I did manage to get my bill lowered a little plus I was given some movie channels, but we should not have to go thru this every year..and I do agree that Comcast is far more interested in getting new customers than keepting the current ones.  I hate calling them, the hold music is terrible and there are times I cannot even understand the person I am talking to.....the company on the whole just does not care about existing customers. If I could get service thru another company I would but there is nothing in my area. In my job, I deal with customers all day and if I showed the same lack of concern, I would not have a job.

Contributor
cmkoch2010

Spoiler

Does anyone every have anything good to say about COMCAST....Guess not when there is nothing good to say!  They have earned all of these comments & more!

Most Valued Poster
TerriB

I have said it before and I will say it again. OTHER than the hassle of keeping the bill low I have never had a problem with Comcast service. I have Triple Play and other than one time when they had a major software snafu; the only time we lose service is if someone takes out a pole or  contractor digs up the cable and that has only happened a couple of times. I had them before they were  Comcast so its been decades. Got triple play a few years ago. Picture is perfect and my only complaint is that they screwed with the DVR recording settings when they modified those with SA boxes to look like Motorola's guide and recording options BUT thats covered on another thread here  so lets not start it here.

New Visitor
Aramous

So TerriB

Most Valued Poster
TerriB

Aramous,

Ok I give up. I must be really dense today. .56% pure....'splain please:smileyshocked:

New Visitor
Aramous

Ivory soap. :smileyhappy:

Most Valued Poster
TerriB

[ Edited ]

Aramous... I love Ivory!

You are very creative to make that twist on 99 and 44/100% pure. I am a baby boomer and remember that so well. I will go with your %

:womanvery-happy:

Visitor

It costs more to land new customers than to keep existing ones. But Comcast doesn't have to be concerned so long as people continue to mindlessly subscribe to all of this stuff.

New Visitor
harrymeadina

tell them that you are cancelling servises and they must send you to rentention dept and hopefully they can work it out for you or send the ceo a letter or harrass the CEO and it will be resolved

Recognized Contributor
Bill-1948

The retention dept. will only do what Comcast approves. We should not harass them. Just keep voicing Comcast problems here,Twitter,FaceBook, and Comcasts (we care people). Sooner or later Comcast will be forced to CARE.

New Visitor
DelvalleAC

If the Fios service was in my area, I'd be a customer, no questions asked. Their customer service is SO much better than Comcast's, you're lucky you live in a area that offers them.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

FWIW, there are just as many complaints about Verizon as there are about Comcast.

Google Verizon complaints. OR read through here http://forums.verizon.com/ Some of the complaints I've seen there are the exact same thing Comcast customers complain about.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Recognized Contributor
Bill-1948

I live in a Comcast only community. Comcast is free to provide there services as a legal monopoly (to price and provided services,as they wish.) What do do? Keep paying,and not speak up.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Comcast-Sees-156000-New-Broadband-Subscribers-120599

Earnings were helped tremendously on the quarter by the fact that the average Comcast subscriber bill is now $148.57.

Visitor

Hey they kept billing me even after I switched.

Contributor
jthomp

[ Edited ]

The difference between Verizon and Comcast is that Verizon Internet is far superior to Comcasts.  The speed you get from Verizon is not only faster, but it is also going to be dedicated to your house.

The value you get for what Verizon charges (at least during the promo) far out weighs the price you initially pay.  I'd be ok with paying the normal charges based on the speed.  The thing is Comcast doesn't lower their prices when they bring on more customers or do a system upgrade that allows for more services.

I'm sure there are plenty of complaints about paying high prices with Verizon the thing is unless they're providing the same services and jacking up prices I'd have little to complain about with them.

Comcast on the other hand keeps the same flippin services and jacks up bills every single year by at least 20-30 bucks if not more.  It's been shown on several other posts that Comcast attempts to keep an median income from every account.  You don't see it since it is spread out, but their software could potentially calculate it on the fly (probably used by bean counters at other offices that don't interface with customers).

At any rate, the thing is Comcast would rather see customers go to another service sit for 1 year or whatever then jump back to them as "new" customers.  That is the most insane, retarded business thinking I've ever heard.  Keep your customers by keeping the majority happy.  I'm sure that if statistics were used at least 45% (if not more) of customers are not happy with Comcast's billing.  And attempting to go to a "pay for what you eat" on broadband is a horrible idea.  They'll be forced to do that financially if too many people leave their TV service which is what brings in their money.

Heck, when I called in to cancel previously the guy I spoke to didn't even really try to keep me as a customer.  He was a nice guy, but come on.  I call to cancel and you don't even ask *why* ? Or even bother to attemp to intice to me to stay?  I guess they play coy in order to get you to take whatever they offer you first once they do offer.  Heck, Dish still has a better deal going than Comcast does, even over a 2 year period (for the satellite Contract) it is somewhat cheaper depending what service level you have with Comcast.

I know a friend that has several HD DVR boxes and pays less than I do in the same flippin neighborhood.  Not only that I have only 1 HD DVR box and was paying almost twice what he pays.  To see/hear something like that just boils a persons blood.

New Visitor
jjarota

I hear ya!  My bill just went up $25 per month due to a 6 month promo rate ending.  I talked to several of my friends (as well as the apartment management team, who hands out Comcast as the local internet/TV provider) and they all said that they were able to get the promo rate extended for an additional 6 months.  I called comcast and the lady i spoke with said they couldn't do anything.  I looked up Verizon and they are offering a 12 month fixed rate that is $40 per month cheaper than what I am paying for comcast.  The downside with Verizon is that you get locked in to 24 months with direct tv and after the first 12 months the rate goes up $29 per month -- which is still $11 per month cheaper than Comcasts current "best offer".  And if you add in the fact that I'd be saving $40 per month for 12 months -- that's a total savings of $612 over 2 years.  Not too shabby.  I called comcast back to give them one more shot to keep my business and the guy on the phone offered me a $5 monthly credit for the next 6 months, really?!?  That's just insulting.

Contributor
Matt04

Comcast is a joke.  While logged into my account on the comcast page I get the tab Deals for current customers, this is a lie there was no deal.  I use the triple play package and was told by taking any of the  CURRENT CUSTOMER deals it would be a downgrade to my package and would be breaking my contract..... comcast great job caring for the people have been over paying you for years.

New Visitor
atr117

[ Edited ]

Here is my bad experience after many years of service with comcast. I found this thread.

I am really disappointed on comcast. I been a customer for the past 17 years and recently I noticed I been charge a regular rate for my service. This make me want to just disconnect everything and use other services or providers. :smileysad:

For anyone. I just finish talking to "two" different reps. One in billing which tries VERY HARD to sell me additional stuff. Absolute no helping with my questions. And then transfer to the loyalty/disconnect department after an hour. When I explain my current position and been a super loyal customer since 94' about my price increased in cable services. The rep put me on hold (not long) and came back and told me, "the rate increase was because I been paying too less" (huh???). I suddently feel shock the rep told me this and my response to her, I been a loyal customer I don't see how charging me regular rate and then tacking some promotion to make sense of my current bill. 

New Visitor
miltonpowell

Well if you add up the money. $166 a month (cheap car payment) x 12 = $1992 a year. Tell me how your company will make money if your loyal cutomers get screwed. I dropped my account so now you are out almost $2000 a year. How is offering a temporary solution better tahn a paying customer that has always paid his bill on time.

Contributor
nofancy2me

i called asked if i could get a lower payment, guy said no i ask him why cant i go for the lower enternet of 39.99

we did but my bill still the same price as last month. we all should find other tv service and than comcast will wake up with there high end prices and come to the real world that we are not going to let them RIP us OFF

Most Valued Poster
TerriB

I did not take no for an answer and kept calling and  they offered me $10 off per month but was not what I wanted. I kept calling and finally got someone who is truly customer focused and  got an extention to keep my triple play where it is from last year's promotion.  Each time I called I used the same speech. Told them how much I love Comcast and how long I have been a customer. Told them I want to remain loyal but its come down to which carrier can offer me the same features for the least money. I talked as sweetly as I could and said I REALLY did not want to leave Comcast but would if I have to and that FIOS kept sending me offers and knocking on the door which is 100% true. I talked to 5 agents before I was able to get what they should have offered me in the first place. Its too bad that I had to go thru all that but I was determined. I do love my Comcast and I have absolutely no complaints.