Contributor

HD Premier XF Triple Play 159.99 per month. What are the equipment rental fees?

I have the HD Premier XF Triple Play 159.99  per month deal for existing customers that was recently offered.

I talked to different people. And I'm getting different answers. (well one different)

When offered this in person I was told no rental fees for DVR's or Modems anymore.(THIS INCLUDES AFTER THE FIRST DVR. I was told ALL in the house came without a rental fee. And after switching to the 159.99 bundle all current rental fees would be waved.

On the comcast deals page it said "Free HD DVR – no HD access fees or equipment fees." and on the phone I was told no fees. So I got the bundle based on that info.

So now when I called back about getting a different box (they gave me the smallest Hard Drive box Comcast makes) the lady said she'd send them and casually said "it will still be your normal rental fee for equipment." I said there is no rental fee anymore for the  dvr and there shouldn't be one for the modem. She said "no, every package Comcast offers includes rental fees and you have the wrong info." And if I wanted to get the DCX 3400 I had two pay the $16 a month rental fee for each box.

Please give me a clear answer. Thanks.

Official Employee
ComcastNick

Re: HD Premier XF Triple Play 159.99 per month. What are the equipment rental fees?

The HD Premier plan, includes HD service and 1 DVR free.

If you have additional cable boxes, and rent a modem, they would be at the normal rate.

The DCX3400M is the model that is reserved for the Anyroom DVR, that service is included free with the HD Premier package.  The additional terminal boxes for that are at the normal price for a cable box.

Standard prices for an additional box is $8.95/mo and for a modem rental is $7/mo.

Comcast Nick
APSC Supervisor
Contributor

Re: HD Premier XF Triple Play 159.99 per month. What are the equipment rental fees?

I was told the DCX3400 and the DCX3400M are two different boxes?

Isn't the DCX3400 a 250GB Hard Drive DVR that doesn't have anything to do with the anyroom DVR?

I just want to upgrade my 120 GB DCT 3412 to the DCX3400. Would my bill stay the same if I do that?

Also i have three dvr's. Is one of them designated the FREE box? Can I pick which I'd like to swap? As some work better than others.

p.s. It's not right I ask three people over and over and double and triple check before signing up just to find out they're giving me the wrong info. It happens everytime I sign up for something. :smileysad:

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

When looking at the deals online it does indeed say

• Free HD DVR – no HD access fees or HD DVR equipment fees.

The  Details and Restrictions state "No HD-DVR equipment fees or HD access fees apply. Cable and High-Speed service limited to a single outlet. "

The first one is included in your package. Additional boxes are not-these are what you pay extra for.

They have always charged a rental fee for their modems, and it is highly unlikely Comcast will drop that fee.

bbatson wrote:

I was told the DCX3400 and the DCX3400M are two different boxes?

Isn't the DCX3400 a 250GB Hard Drive DVR that doesn't have anything to do with the anyroom DVR?

I just want to upgrade my 120 GB DCT 3412 to the DCX3400. Would my bill stay the same if I do that?

You were given the correct information about the DCX3400. It is a different box and has nothing to do with AnyRoom DVR.

I have a DCX3400 and the cost per month is same as what I pay for a Motorola DCT3416. It shouldn't cost you more either.

You may have a problem getting one because they are very popular and your local office may not have one to give you.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

"When looking at the deals online it does indeed say

• Free HD DVR – no HD access fees or HD DVR equipment fees.

The  Details and Restrictions state "No HD-DVR equipment fees or HD access fees apply. Cable and High-Speed service limited to a single outlet. ""

Well this must be part of my problem. Besides being told in person flat out "ALL BOXES were free."

they say no HD DVR equipment fees. To me means more than one sinces they added the s. What fee is there besides rental i'm getting for free out of curiousity?

Also, outlet to me doesn't mean DVR. To me an outlet is something in the wall you plug stuff into. I guess that's how they get you. Why don't they say limited to a single dvr, modem, or router. :smileysad:

I don't see anywhere where they define outlet.

Anyways, i'm almost done. Can someone please just let me know if i can exchange any box or is one of them designated the free box. Thanks.

Also is it $8.95/mo or is it $16 like i was just told on the phone?
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

Additional outlet is for the other boxes. It's the fee charged to activate and use those boxes.

Without it, you could hook it up and it would do nothing.

Comcast may be doing away with the additional outlet fees. This month, for the first time in many years, there are no AOFs on my bill. Getting rid of it was announced on a previous bill.

You can exchange any box or all of them-there is not one that is specifically designated as the "free" box.

Cost may vary by market so you will have to ask at the local office. When I switched to Triple Play my additional boxes were discounted for 6 months. (I have either 1 or 2 more months at the discounted rate)

When/if you do exchange the boxes:

When your equipment is picked up or turned in, GET A RETURNED EQUIPMENT RECEIPT. Make sure it documents that what you returned is a modem or tv boxes. If there are any stickers with serial or MAC numbers, make sure those numbers are on the receipt. Keep the receipt in a safe place, don't forget where you put it. Keep it until the middle of the next century. In the past, Comcast has billed customers for equipment that had been returned. Sometimes they lose track of the equipment and the receipt will be your proof that you turned it in to Comcast.

If you ship the equipment to Comcast, record tracking numbers.  Keep those numbers in a safe place. You will need them later if Comcast bills you for the equipment.

You can also check the status of shipped items on the delivery company webpage. When you see it was delivered, print screen the delivery status. UPS also offers Track By Email. Use that option. You'll be notified when it is delivered. Save the email-again this will be proof it was received by Comcast.

Print out the delivery confirmation (if your computer crashes and you lose the info the print out will be your proof of return) This should also be kept in a safe place where you can get to it if needed.

I know from experience that having the receipts can save you a lot of headaches. I was able to pull out my receipts when a collection agency notified me I owed for Comcast equipment that had been returned.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor

Thank you very much for your help. I do appreciate the info. I'm just a bit stuck on this one last bit....... If they are doing away with outlet fee's... and it says "No HD-DVR equipment fees" <---- Isn't that the rental fee for the box? Is equipment fee/rental fee a different thing? If equipment fee is different than rental fee, I still see no mention of the word rental or rental fee anywhere in the contract. :smileysad:
Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

why dont you get the multiroom dvr, I thought the guy from comcast said it was included in your package at no charge and that way you get 4 boxes, 3 dummies and one true dvr.  Just curious?

Official Employee
ComcastNick

Just getting back, will try to clear up some questions, let me know if I miss anything.

DCX3400 and DCX3400M are different models, the normal box has 250gb HD, and the M has 500gb. The M model is designed to be part of the Anyroom system, while the normal model is a stand-alone DVR.

Changing your 120gb DVR to a 250gb will not affect your bill, but you will most likely have to goto a service center to do so, if we ship a box, we cannot guarrantee which model will be sent out.  Also at a service center, you will be limited by what they have in stock, so might not have the 3400 model in stock.

The HD fee is the price to recieve HD programming to the house, it is a single fee, normally $8.95, that covers all boxes in the house.  You recieve the HD programming as part of your package, so that is what is meant by no HD access fee.

An additional box is $8.95/mo, and additional DVR is $7 more, so for an additional DVR it would be $15.95, or close to the $16/mo they quoted you.  It doesn't matter which DVR is put in as free in the billing system, because if you chose to return 2 of your 3, then whichever one you kept would then be free because of your promotion.

Think I got everything, if anything still needs help, lmk, will make sure everything is explained correctly to you here.

Comcast Nick
APSC Supervisor
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

ComcastNick wrote:

An additional box is $8.95/mo, and additional DVR is $7 more, so for an additional DVR it would be $15.95, or close to the $16/mo they quoted you. 

That may be the case in some areas. Where I am my additional boxes have ALWAYS been the same price.

Here is what I was paying for 3 boxes  when all I had was internet and Digital Preferred tv tier: (this is from my bill dated July 31, 2011)

dvr fee1.PNG

This is what I am currently paying after I switched to Triple Play at the end of July. One box is indeed free.

For the other 2

dvr fee2.PNG

As I stated in an previous post the promo rate is set to expire in one or two months. After that the rate will change to

2 @ $15.99 each if there has been no price change. While I do like having 3 dvr boxes, I may have to get rid of one of them and use a dta instead. I really don't want to do that because that dvr is what I use to record kiddie shows for my 4 year old grand-daughter. If I could get the rates mentioned by Nick I would keep them all.

Even with the promo rate I'm paying a few bucks more than anyone who has the same thing I do at the rates Nick mentioned. And without the promo rate I will be paying a lot more than they do-$31.98/month vs. $15.95/month.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

The only thing that is expiring is the dvr promo rate. My bundle rate stays the same. I do plan on calling about the dvr rate when it expires.

Official Employee
ComcastNick

Queen-Evie wrote:
2 @ $15.99 each if there has been no price change. While I do like having 3 dvr boxes, I may have to get rid of one of them and use a dta instead. I really don't want to do that because that dvr is what I use to record kiddie shows for my 4 year old grand-daughter. If I could get the rates mentioned by Nick I would keep them all.

Even with the promo rate I'm paying a few bucks more than anyone who has the same thing I do at the rates Nick mentioned. And without the promo rate I will be paying a lot more than they do-$31.98/month vs. $15.95/month.

Not sure I quite get your math.  You had 3 DVRs @ $15.95/mo each, which is standard price, now have 1 DVR free with package, and 2 DVRs @ $9.95 each, which when the promotion rolls off, will be $15.95/mo each.

So with the promotion, you are paying $6 less per DVR than someone w/o a promotion.  You are paying $12/mo less than someone who has your same set up, but without a promotion on the DVR boxes.

I know some areas used to be $8 more a month for a DVR box vs a normal box, but I think most of those areas have been changed to standardize our pricing.  That could also be factoring in here.

Comcast Nick
APSC Supervisor
New Visitor
renataroger

Why everyone else pay 159.99 (

Includes Digital Premier With HBO, STARZ,
Showtime, Cinemax, Streampix, Sports
Entertainment Package, Access To Premium
On Demand Programming, Video Equipment,
Internet Service and Digital Voice Unlimited

and )

while I pay 209.95 + additional outlets : Total Additional XFINITY TV Services $19.90

and

Total Additional XFINITY Voice Services $8.26

and

Phone Modem7.00
Univ. Connectivity Chg. - Recurring 1.26

with a total of 

Total Amount Due $252.55

?????

what a ripoff...

New Visitor
Turnertemp

I completely agree. I was paying about 225 for this package and this month they raised it to that 252 total you have. I recently called and downgraded to a double play package w/o all the premium channels but the same Internet speed and was told it will cost 135.85 before taxes and rental fees. Well see what that number really becomes when I am charged. It is frustrating when you see other people are paying less for the exact same thing. I'm probably still being charged too much. Soon I will only subscribe to Internet.
New Visitor
danoday

Why am I paying 214.95 for this package that is advertised at 159.00?

It is not legal and have tried to  change and no one gives me the same answer twice