New Visitor
Hollywood419

HD Premier Xf Bundle Cancellation?

Several months ago I upgraded to the HD Premier Xf Bundle service. Previously, I had a couple of movie channels and cable Internet but the $150 bundle price ended up including a couple extra movie channels and home phone service for less than I was paying for the other "package" individually. 

Well, times have gotten tougher and I need to tighten up the belt and downgrade my service, despite the contract.

What kind of early termination fee(s) am I looking at to get rid of the HD Premier Xf Bundle and go back to basic/extended Comcast cable and Internet? 

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: HD Premier Xf Bundle Cancellation?

You will need to call 1-800 comcast and speak to someone in the Billing Department.  No one here has access to your account, nor can we asist you with this.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
Hollywood419

I understand that. My question was directed at other customers who have been in my situation and what the end result was.

Thanks, though. :-)

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

[ Edited ]

You can kind of answer your own question by this:

Did you receive some kind of incentive to this new package promotion, like a Visa Gift Card, Ipod, netbook or other free expensive toy?  If so, you are most likely subject to ETF's if you don't fulfill your end of the bargain.

If you didn't get any free stuff and just changed your plan for special pricing for a year or two, then most likely you can downgrade without any large ETF penalty other than what Comcast would charge for a service change.

New Visitor
Hollywood419

I saw that they are now offering gift cards and the like for switching to my program, but no: I did not receive/was not offered anything for changing my plan.

It looks like a call to Comcast is in order...

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

Hollywood419, if you upgraded you were not eligilble for any type of rebate or Visa gift card. Those are for NEW customers, not existing ones.

And you probably are not in a contract.

If by chance you are in a contract there will be an ETF. If not, there won't be an ETF.

The only way to know for sure is to call Comcast or go to your local office (if there is one in your area) and talk to someone in person.

You did direct your question to Comcast customers and as Comcast customers Carole, Jay and I are providing answers to you.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.