New Visitor

HOw can I lower my bill

I was just wondering if anyone knew if Comcast runs any promotions for current subscribers that could lower ones bill?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: HOw can I lower my bill

The best way to lower your bill is to reduce services.  Cut back to a lower tier on internet (if you're not already there), and assuming you have Comcast TV, drop back there as well.
New Visitor

I also would like to have my bill lowered, but I do not want to have to cut back my service. I have been a almost 20 year customer and think that with all of the new competiton they might reward customers with lower rates. Any one with info out there?
Visitor

The St Paul MN COMCAST office, 651-222-3333 is NO help when it comes to retention. I've spent the better part of the last two hours on the phone with "Alex" and "Pam", each of whom tried to transfer my call to their "Retention Team". I was disconnected in each of these two episodes after waiting over a half-hour each time. We subscribe to cable tv and internet. We pay our bill on time. There is NO satisfactory way to get a price break as a reliable continuing customer. COMCAST seems all about signing up new customers. WITHOUT EXCEPTION COMCAST's "service" is poor at best.
Regular Contributor

Wow this is bad news.  I'm a customer with over 20 years of service, and if this is what's coming up, I guess I have to start shopping around.  Thanks for the heads up.
Bronze Problem Solver
lunski

PattyMN wrote:
The St Paul MN COMCAST office, 651-222-3333 is NO help when it comes to retention. I've spent the better part of the last two hours on the phone with "Alex" and "Pam", each of whom tried to transfer my call to their "Retention Team". I was disconnected in each of these two episodes after waiting over a half-hour each time. We subscribe to cable tv and internet. We pay our bill on time. There is NO satisfactory way to get a price break as a reliable continuing customer. COMCAST seems all about signing up new customers. WITHOUT EXCEPTION COMCAST's "service" is poor at best.

Patty,

This is unacceptable. I am contacting this office now.

George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator
New Visitor

I feel that everytime we refuse to switch to Verizon phone, tv and FIOs comcast should give us credit for keeping their services. But unfortunately I will be switching soon due to the fact that comcast cost too much for the little they offer on tv. there are too too many paid programs ads and not enough movies. The shows on demand has are so old and stupid its ridiculous. I know they made movies after the 80's but haven't seen any. Haven't had any problems with service it's the cost that is getting to us.
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

kdale wrote: 
there are too too many paid programs ads and not enough movies.

The paid programs ads have nothing to do with Comcast. You'll see the same ad's on the same networks no matter who your provider is.  Example: HGTV has paid ad's overnight. So you will see them at the same time on Comcast and other providers who show HGTV.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor

usint the comcast HD triple play for $115

i have recently inquired with other companies and can get unlimited landline for $15 from sprint, unlimited internet for $20 from verizon. the difference leaves me with $80 for cable. with the "standard cable" plan for $60. i could be very happy. even though the prices come out the same as the HD triple play from comcast i refuse to give them the enitre $115. now they will only get the $60 and thats only because i dont have another reasonable option for tv. i am totally frustrated with comcast

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Quartknee_b, you have posted the same exact thing in 8 different forums.

You have posted this exact same thing in 8 different forums.

According to the Forum Guidelines:

Do not spam

Repeated posting of a message (or very similar messages) multiple times to these forums is considered spamming and is not welcome here. When making a post, please post it only one time in the most appropriate forum category that fits the topic of your post. Multiple posts will be locked or deleted and continued abuse of this guideline may result in having your posting privileges revoked.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Visitor

[ Edited ]
I have a 2-6 MB high speed internet but paying 58.00 a month seems a bit too much for my budget.  I"m hearing impaired, and living/working on one income.  I've been a Comcast customer for 10+ years...is there a way to lower the payment? 
Message Edited by lmbee59 on 04-13-2009 10:52 AM
Email Expert
CCCarole

I feel your pain in these hard economic times.... I would suggest that you call Billing at 1800-comcast & inquire if there is anything cheaper available. I don't know what the current 'lowest'  connection speed is these days.  Good luck.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor

[ Edited ]
 Please help me cause I'm paying $176.00 dollar for my cable TV internet and phone this is a special original $129.00 dollar but they don't tell you about all the hidden charges. But soon as this promotion is over I will loose the phone cause I don't used it.
Message Edited by brownsuger2057 on 05-19-2009 05:33 PM
Email Expert
CCCarole

Just a suggestion:  If it is at all possible for you to get to your local Comcast office, I would go there instead of calling.  I mention this because you talk about 'hidden charges'.  I think you may be referring to the charges you must pay for cable boxes, etc?  Or maybe the taxes,etc. which are also charges.  If you go to a local office, you certainly can ask them to break down all the charges (hidden and otherwise) you will pay if you change your current service in any way. They can go over every option and the cost with you.  You could even write it all down and then can decide what you want to do.  That might work out better for you than calling 1800-comcast and tryingg to follow along on the phone.  Good luck.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Visitor

You need to call Comcast and tell them your situation.  If they do not help you and you have a spouse, cancel your service and have the spouse sign up on any prommotions, or, if you have a room-mate, try it with them.  If you have Verizon in your area, they have an excellent promotion for $99.00 for 10mb internet, unlimited phone to US and Canada, and a superior basic cable package with about 30 more video channels than Comcast, with free HD on one TV, $150 Amex gift card, $30.00 off your first bill, free activation and free installation.  If all that fails, maybe you should cut the video service and try www.ovguide.net which has 100's of links for watching all kinds of TV programming, as well as other types of videos without a $3.99 on-demand movie charge......Good luck!
New Visitor

maybe if comcast would take care of existing customer he would not be upset
New Visitor

I've been a customer 20-30 years.  I've always wonder if I should get into the mode of switcing providers. We have done quick changes reducing the cost and then see these great saving for new customers.

Has anyone had experience switching providers on a periodic basis to reduce cost and improve service?

R2

New Visitor

My billing jumped from $134.12 to $206.26. On this billing we were charged for a pay per view on June 6, 2009 @4:34 A.M. we were asleep at that time. And we never use ON DEMAND / Pay Per View. Why are charged so much more for cable services? We have been seriously thinking of changing from cable to another system.

We have been with this cable company for many, many years.

HELP!!!!

Marjorie Massey

Contributor

I don't know if this will work or not, but about a year or so ago, my cousin called Comcast to cancel their services because her husband  was just laid off and they could not afford the service anymore.  Comcast gave them the new customer promotion for a year just to keep them.  I don't remember what they were paying for and what the promotion was but their payments went down around $25/month and they got a few more channels then they were getting.  She even joked that when that promotional year was over she was going to call and "cancel" again to see if she could get another good deal.

Also, try taking a look at the services to see if you really need all of them.  I.e. if you have comcast internet phone- do you really need all the services offered, or would basic service with a phone company (verizon) work just as well and may be cheaper.  if so cancel that portion of their services and go to the phone company.    Do you pay for the movie channels that you only watch once or twice a year.... etc..

I know my sister pays for a lot she does not use, and I can't seem to get her to realize that...

New Visitor

My one year promotion for cable/internet/phone just recently ended and my bill went up of course. I just sent off an email to comcast asking what options are availble to me. I will soon be calling to inquire about a new customer special plan and if they will not do one for me I will cancel and change providers. And as is my custom when receiving what I consider to be poor service, if they will not provide me with a package as least as good as one provided to a new customer who has shown no loyalty to them, I will inform my friends and relatives and also make it a point to inform people on various internet forums of what I consider to be poor service. Hopefully they will simply set me up with a package for a good price like they do for new customers and all that mess can be avoided. But when I leave a company and take my business elsewhere I always make it a point to take at least a few other customers with me!
New Visitor

Kudos's to Mr. Jones!  I wish more individuals would do this. Maybe if enough people would leave , the lightbulb would come on in the main Comcast service/management office. I am also a 20+ year customer of Comcast.  I have always been under the impression that they could not change the price plan and that they would not care if I left.  I'm sure they would care if my neighbors,  5 sisters, and, sisters neighbors, and my coworkers left for another company.  I am so sick and tired of the overpriced cable/internet product that is provided and the terrible customer service.  I am calling again today.  If they don't help me revise my plan's cost.   I believe that I will become a new customer of Verizon FIOS and we can see how that works out. 
New Visitor

New Visitor

I agree premiere. I have been a customer with Comcast for a few years now and of course the first year Triple Play package (includes digital voice, cable with all the premiere channels, and high speed internet) was great for the price of $139.99.  After that it went up to $159.99 which is a price that I could afford. Gradually, the price is somehow ended up to $221.38 for the same package/no upgrades.  I call the 1-800 customer service line and spoke to a very nice lady named Laura in which she did notice all of the prices going higher and higher as the months pass and she was looking for all kinds of ways to lower my bill without making too many sacrifices. So with a lower price of $159.99 for keeping the internet ( not the high speed) , digital voice, and my premier bundle was basically removed with the exception of keeping HBO. So then I wanted to see if perhaps then if I can remove some of my digital voice options and reducing high speed internet to the lowest they have and keeping the cable along with the premiere packages. Laura the Comcast rep answered: " I can only help you with the cable portion of your bill, if you wan to reduce items on your phone portion of the bill, you will have to speak to that department." I was under the impression that when you call a customer service line for any company they are to help you with your issue with everything that implies. So does this mean I would have to call the customer service line three different times? Or to be transferred three different times so that I can speak with the department that handles the cable portion, one that handles the phone portion, and the other that handles the internet portion? Then she said if that is not suitable let me transfer you to "Retention Department" perhaps they can work with you to give you a better deal. So I said agreed. So here I go again and telling my story one more time and this lady was rude. Making me feel as If I was retarded or something. Treating me as If I didn't know what I was talking about. So at last she gave me a final price of $ 195.97 for the package that I want ( the triple package bundle) before taxes that should only last for one year. Thereafter, will be an additional $20.00. Then I tried the online live CHAT through Comcast and the technician couldn't help because he couldn't see what promotions I have in my area. That I would have to contact that same customer service number or go to my local office.  So what help was he? What help was Laura? Although she was nice, she still couldn't help me on my overall bill because she was restricted to only assist customers in the Cable department.  Then I looked online without signing on to the website I saw that all these great promotions were available, The one that I want was for $ 149.99, but of course that was only for NEW CUSTOMERS. So is it fair for EXISTING and LOYAL customers of COMCAST to pay high prices after the promotions are over? I think NOT! I hope this company realizes that they're going to loose existing customers over their overpriced bundles. As of tomorrow I will be checking with a new company for a better price/better deal. Get more for my money especially in these bad economic days. Thanks.:smileyplain:

New Visitor

Email Expert
CCCarole

sphill:

Your post was blank:

When posting, please describe your problem or question in the text box (not the subject line). The more specific information you provide, the more helpfully the Forum Admins and helpers can respond.

You didn't provide enough information here for me to help you. Please elaborate in a reply.

New Visitor

Comcast is too expensive and won't work with the price in recent times or if your lucky enough that they will, its not much of a reduction. I've shopped around and found Qwest to be the only option. I don't like either. What are other options?

New Visitor
sandanie

I put "How can I lower my Infinity bill" into the search field on Comcast's home page and it entered me into here. I had various problems with Comcast, like the DVR not working once it got full past 30 percent. I was brought a total of five new boxes in a year period and realized they are all the same, even the newest biggest Xfinity DVR - once you get past 30 percent full, it starts acting up, like no rewind feature in live shows, etc. My husband has been out of work more often than not, and we used to pay comcast out of our rent (legitimate) but then a year ago December, the leasing office decided to stop doing that, so Comcast reps were all over the complex offering the Net, phone and cable TV at great one-year prices. Well first the rep told us we would have Starz as part of our starter $99/month package, and three months later it got turned off. The cust svc rep actually asked me if I got it in writing? The only thing in writing I got from Comcast was when DTV came out and we had to get a box!! No other contracts, nothing in writing since then. The gall! I was upset and asked her 3x to talk to her supervisor before she put him on. He gave me 3 more months of Starz since I insisted that was what my deal was supposed to include but of course NOT in writing anywhere! So after 3 months, no more Starz :smileysad: So over time because of the box problems, we were told we'd get a faster Net connection for 12 months since we were going to have to watch a program streaming on the net since it doesn't go to On Demand (Amazing Race) since the DVR failed to get it (nothing else recording at the time and we weren't home - the TV was off but the cable box was on.) Three months later I started getting charged for the faster net speed. We then got this 3 month Premiere for free deal and then Comcast moved some channels we WERE getting on basic into premiere, so the 2 TV's without the Xfinity box that had the plain boxes suddenly stopped getting channels in the back 2 bedrooms that they used to get, like CMT! and the bill went up from $134 to $176. Costs more than insuring the car now so I'm left with choices I really hate.

New Visitor
sandanie

oh yes I forgot to mention, if we want to get those channels that went Premiere on the back two TV sets, we will have to upgrade to better boxes for $10 for one box or $8 EACH for 2, added onto our bill. Boo, hiss. So what happens when the Premiere offer ends in a month...never mind, I can see that train coming.

Centurylink has been around door to door now that the apartment complex is allowing satellite dishes since they quit their deal with Comcast coming out of rent.

Frequent Visitor
yadlig1

It is simple to lower your bill - go to ATT for $19.99!

New Visitor
elviraraff250

You must say the magic phrase, "I want to disconnect my service!"  If they fail to respond to that then go to Direct TV or Uverse for a one year enjoying their low cost promotions.  At that point Comcast will be throwing all kinds of promotions to you, begging you to come back.  I know dozens of people who have these dates marked on their calenders.  (Worked for Comcast customer service for more than 20 years.)

New Visitor
elviraraff250

Have you never heard of DirectTV or Dish Network or Uverse?  Those are 3 additional TV options.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Uverse may not be an option for everyone. They don't serve all areas of the U.S.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Assuming you don't subscribe to any bundle, you can downgrade your internet service to DSL speeds if you just surf the web (no downloads).  Just call the service desk and ask to downgrade your internet service to economy rates. 

http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Learn/highspeedinternet/highspeedinternet.html

As for cable TV, just cancel subscription to all your premium movie channels.  You can also change your channel listings. 

To check on the available cable TV offers on your account:

1.  Click on "See Offers"

2.  Login to your account

http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Learn/DigitalCable/digitalcable-39.html?iq_id=34257246&CMP=KNC-IQ_I...

New Visitor
rosaliegrafe

I am a senior, disabled, on fixed income. I switched from QWest to Comcast (bundled) to save money—and now Comcast has become significantly higher than my old service.

HBO, which was on my introductory package is OK. I do use it. To keep phone, internet and TV, I need to cut something.

I repeatedly requested Comcast to take me off StarZ as it was not part of my initial order and somehow got on my bill anyway?

Please remove me from StarZ... $19.95 per month. That will almost take care of this month's increase.

New Visitor
46383371afsn

How do you compete w/Verizon, etc,, if they contact me with me with theoretically lower rates?

New Visitor
wjacobs00

is there a reply to' how one can lower their bill?' I too have Starz and would like it removed if it would lower my bill.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Quote from wjacobs00....

"is there a reply to' how one can lower their bill?' I too have Starz and would like it removed if it would lower my bill."

Just call the Helpdesk to remove the premium movie channels.  Don't listen or accept any counter offers they give.  You have to stand your ground.  It's comcast's benefit to make you keep your current service and maybe add services that you don't need that will expire in 6 months.  After six months, you go through the aggravation again.

Email Expert
CCCarole
New Visitor
bart12

Yea I fill you on that I had the same run around all they want is the new customers if you try and call expect a hour wait and  that no one wants to help you and that if they know no one else does your area that non of there programs will work in your area . How very convent

Bronze Star Contributor
wchillman

Here is how you can lower your bill. Switch to Performance Starter with nothing else. This will allow for great TV as well as internet service from Comcast for less than 50 bucks a month with no hidden charges. Many Comcast subscribers just aren’t aware of this option and Comcast does not promote it. It’s a perfect solution for all of you unhappy customers who are sick of paying triple digit monthly bills and, as far as I’m concerned, it is well worth the sacrifices. I’ve posted about it elsewhere on the Comcast site but you can click on this link to read more…

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/WE-WANT-NETFLIX-SUPER-HD/td-p/1691409

New Visitor
fredskido

I just wanted to inform comcast, that I 'm canceling my service on 7/30/13 . and will not pay any addition payment

thank you

bye

Bronze Problem Solver

fredskido wrote:

I just wanted to inform comcast, that I 'm canceling my service on 7/30/13 . and will not pay any addition payment

thank you

bye

You probably won't get to read this, but you might want to call Comcast and tell them this.  Despite the misleading appearance, Comcast has pretty much abandoned this forum and almost never visits it anymore.  Instead, you're talking to other customers here, not Comcast,