New Visitor
LannaB

Install and Activation Fees

Hello. I'm a little confused about my first bill for internet service. When I initially signed up for internet online, I was quoted a price and also told about an installation fee.

When I received my first bill, I found the price to be sixty dollars more than what I had been quoted. I called Comcast and spoke with a representative, and was told that the two activation fees had been done in error and that my bill would be fixed to reflect that (about the price I remember being quoted).

The past few days I kept checking my balance to see if it had updated. It had not. So I just called Comcast again and spoke with a different repersentative. He tells me that only one activation fee was a mistake, and they will take that one off my bill. There was a bit of a language barrier, so I was unable to fully express the issue I had with that. Now I am confused and feel as if I've been given three different prices. I'm unhappy about this information and would like assistance.

Why was I not told about an activation fee along with the installation fee? I feel this is inappropriate and bad business.

Any assistance or input would be great.

Thank you,

Lanna

New Visitor
wynoandino

Re: Install and Activation Fees

Sounds like you are in the same boat as me.  We had our service transferred  (transferred, not installed just transferred), well they forgot to mention that they were going to charge us $190!!!  What?!  They charged us activation fees, transfer fees.  I called tried to have it explained to me, because the service is already activated, we've had their service for over 3 years, so why is there activation fees?  I tried to talke to a rep about this and all he would tell me is "I understand you don't agree with the charges but you won't understand the bill if I explain it to you."  I am like, ISN'T IT YOUR JOB TO HELP ME UNDERSTAND???

I hope they get your bill figured out, because they sure aren't going to help me!

New Visitor
LannaB

Exactly. It's absolutely ridiculous. And I've just checked my account and they still haven't updated like I was promised, TWICE. What am I supposed to do? I keep calling and having them promise to update my account and still nothing.

This is the worst service ever.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

LannaB

Send an email to this address

we_can_help@comcast.com

Include your service address, account number, a good contact phone number, a link to this thread, and a short description of the issue.

New Visitor
sang_kd2

I've the same similar problem - I recently took a comcast internet service. 

They asked me to if kit is delievred it iwll be charge of 9.95$ but if I pick up kit from service centre - there wont be any charge. When I went to pick up the kit they said there is 15$ activation charge which was NOT conveyed to me when I opted for connection. Can somebody help?

Thanks

Sang