New Visitor
stormchaser146

Installation charges

Got my first bill and it has 2 $50 install charges on it.  When I talked with them I was told one is and activation fee and the other is and install fee.  These fees were never brought up.  My service was ordered through the chat as I was unable to do it online because of our newly built home.  This is very shady and deceptive. 

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Installation charges

Hello,

This is a customer to customer support forum. We have no access to make changes on your billing.

You will have to call the billing dept. to get this resolved.

I hope you kept a copy of the chat conversation as a documentation as proof if not always document anything when dealing with comcast. Never use chat they are completely useless all they do is read off of scripts.

Contributor
CarlInNashville

Re: Installation charges

The same happened to me.  I was told that installation would be $35, but was charged an additional $30 for a service call.  On my first call, she apologized for the mistake and promised to remove the charge.  Wghen that didn't happen, Icalled back.  That rep told me they HAVE ALWAYS charged double for installation.  As a customer since 1999, I was pretty sure that was a lie.  The next person I spoke with was a supervisor, who had a third story to tell me about how they have STARTED charging additional fees for standard installation.  While I was waiting for her to call back the next day, I started an online chat pretending to be a new customer.  That rep told me they NEVER charge a service call fee in addition to the installation fee (just like the first chat I had when I was choosing services).  Between that and the pink slip I signed when they installed my cable which made no mention of the extrw $30, I had a pretty solid case.  It only took 5 conversations with 4 different reps for them to refund the $30 overcharge,

In summary, Comcast is deceitful about their installation charges and will do what they can to take as much of your money as possible once you're a customer.  You can either accept it or keep talking to people until you get results.