New Visitor
tooltool

Monthly Bill Increase

My Comcast Infinity - TV and Infinity - Internet just went up $12.00 per month.  I am on a fixed income and cannot afford this increase.  Please suggest the least painful changes that I can make to reduce my monthly

bill.

Thank you for your time.

Bob

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Monthly Bill Increase

tooltool wrote:

My Comcast Infinity - TV and Infinity - Internet just went up $12.00 per month.  I am on a fixed income and cannot afford this increase.  Please suggest the least painful changes that I can make to reduce my monthly

bill.

Thank you for your time.

Bob

Bob,

It is hard to make suggestions not knowing what Internet speed Tier you have ( faster speed means more $$) or what TV equipment you have.  Do you rent your modem?  Might want to buy your own, that would save you the $7 a month rental fee.  TV:  Do you have multiple cable boxes, how many?  Can you cut back on the number or go to just a DTA?

If you can post back with what you have now, maybe someone can make more suggestions for you. 

Do you subscribe to HBO, Showtime,etc? 

Pricing too, does vary depending on area.

you could also call 1-800 comcast, explain your situation and see if they can offer you changes that might help ease the monthly cost for you.  

Hope this helps a tiny bit.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
rattlhed

I cancelled my cable back in September.  With Netflix, TV over the air, iTunes and free Internet programming there are plenty of ways to watch the shows you like without forking out tons of money each month like I was.  My bill was $175 a month, and now with just Internet it's only $75.  My first month I bought an HD antenna for $100 (so broke even that month) and now I have an extra $100 in my pocket each month.  If I decided to buy a season of a TV show on iTunes for $40, that's still way less than the $100 a month Comcast was charging.

You can live without hundreds of channels if you can't afford to pay the bill.  I'm finding that I'm doing more with my free time rather than sitting on the couch channel surfing for something to watch on TV!

Recognized Contributor
MissyLaneous

Bob, you can also call Comcast and press the menu option for "disconecting your service".  That rings to the Retention Department at Comcast, and they can sometimes get one a short-term special/promotion.  That department is available 9am ESTto 5p (I think); M-F.

Also, what CCC-Carole posted is true, too.

I do wish Comcast would realize that many customers are seniors on a fixed income who like to watch TV, and can't absorb these rate increases.  Lots of home-bound seniors rely on TV for companionship.

I'm one of them! Maybe I'll just cancel all of it and sit in silence. My income doesn't go up.

New Visitor

I am also one of them. My bill went up this month with no explanation. I was paying 185 but got rid of all movie chanels. Now I was paying 165 and this month it went up to 171. Why? I haven't changed anything. I am almost back to where I had all the movie channels but don"t have any movie channels. I am a senior on a fixed income and enjoy tv a lot. But I might have to get rid of comcast and go to Verizon. It is a lot cheaper. Ann

New Visitor
pat-nana

OK - i have a rate contract for 2 years and they still went up - i kept my part of the agreement - shouldn't they keep theirs?!?!

New Visitor
ascott1984

Why is my bill this month so much.. I have a contract with comcast which is 79.99. What is all this other stuff. i get 4.00 in taxes.

New Visitor
ascott1984

oh and what comcast number..

New Visitor
susan415

I guess I'll put my two cents worth in as well. Although I'm still working, I would love to retire (I'm in my 60's and a widow now), but as of January 1st, not only did my Comcast bill go up, so did many other bills such as electricity, gas, garbage, water and sewer and my only credit card interest rate went way up although I have excellent credit and a high fico score. On top of this, I haven't so much as received a cost of living increase in my paycheck in years. So I guess I'm just venting here and sympathizing with everyone.  TV is my only source of entertainment and living alone, I do enjoy it, so cancelling is not an option for me.  I wish Comcast and maybe other companies would give discounts to us seniors.