Regular Contributor

New Billing in Effect Jan 1 2014

FYI and possible action : Comcast is planning billing increases effective January 1, 2014 for a number of services according to my December billing statement ( last page fine print ). They explain this is necessary for ".... increases we incur in programming and other business costs ..." i.e. passing these costs onto the customer.

The one that caught my eye was for non published number going from $ 1.45 to $ 3.50 per phone line. 

That's over 100% increase for same service I pay for today --- why so much ? Oh well ....

Recognized Contributor
nhdude79

Re: New Billing in Effect Jan 1 2014

some of the services that Comcast provides are from 3rd party vendors for services if the vendor increases their pricing to Comcast they do have to increase their price to make up for it.

Regular Contributor

Re: New Billing in Effect Jan 1 2014

I undrstand but 

read this from their 2011 anual report : 

"We manage our businesses for sustainable and profitable growth. Cable Communications operating cash flow increased 7% to $15.3 billion, resulting in a margin of 41.1%, a 70-basis-point improvement compared with 2010. Margin expansion was driven by our product mix and greater efficiencies in our operations."

So how much profit is too much ? Passing all these costs onto their customers by nickel and diming us  to improve thier profit margins just does not seem fair.