New Visitor
JBev

Overcharged then lied to

It looks like I am not the only person who has been robbed by Comcast due to phantom installation fees. When I signed up, I was told installation was going to cost $94.99. Our townhome was already wired and have more than enough jacks- all that was needed was to deliver the boxes and turn on the service. We get the bill and there is a $30 per outlet- new outlet install few- amounting to $120. Not only were we not informed of this but there were no new outlets installed. CSR was not helpful and tried to say it was an activation fee- however my bill says install fee. A forty-five minute discussion got a reduction in the fee-I but this is not right.  am VERY unhappy. I know I have been mislead. 

Security Expert
CajunTek
New Visitor
JBev

Re: Overcharged then lied to

Why was my post removed to page I have no access to.

Security Expert
CajunTek

Your post was not, but a rather snide, worthless reply by another user was.

TANSTAAFL!!

New Visitor
JBev

OK- 

Well is there any help coming from Comcast? Or does this forum even matter? We're good, responsible people- we pay our bills and our taxes on time. Why the horrible treatment?

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

JBev wrote: ... is there any help coming from Comcast? Or does this forum even matter? ...

The forum matters to Comcast very much because it reduces the company's customer service and technical support expenses.

If you've hit a wall with the phone reps, you can try sending an email to "we_can_help@cable.comcast.com". Include:

Account number
    Your full name
    Service address
    Best contact phone number and time to call
    A description of the problem
    A link to your post

A senior Comcast rep should contact you to follow up.

Why the horrible treatment? To make the most money, of course . . .