New Visitor
coffeenutjames

Overcharging by Comcast!!!!

Somehow my bill was increased without my knowledge and now my service is disconnected. I look on the pdf bill and amazingly it is different from the printed bill I received! I encourage all to file complaints with the FCC and their franchise authority. Now I think I may switch to Verizon or ATT DSL. I have never seen a more incompetent company or unethical company. They are too stupid to realize that customers like me who have been with them for years will leave for other options!
New Visitor
inquizative

Re: Overcharging by Comcast!!!!

Dealing with a Comcast billing is lilke playing a chess match. You have to constantly stay on alert to be sure that Comcast won't get you for this billing period month to month.  It's sad, but true.

New Visitor
inquizative

Well folks, I call 3 times and they cannot or most likely unable to explain my bill.  I really believe that Comcast has a system of overcharging by making the bill so complicated and senseless so that you succumb to their crookery and just pay what they say to pay.  They are exploiting the fact that they know that you are addicted to cable and internet.  

A class action suit in the supreme court was just lost to Comcast.  The "Scalia puppet" or judge basically said that individual Comcast customers where ripped off in so many unique and different ways that they cannot file a class action suit together.  Therefore you have to fight this giant as individuals, of which they know that you cannot afford to do.  David doesn't beat this goliath.  

Another classic example of "Capitalism" exploiting the common man and it only gets worse folks. While other industrialized countries look at us with pity and laugh at the same time.  All we have is our voting power of which the plutocracy is actively trying to defeat.

New Visitor

Once again my Comcast bill is raised with no word or notification.  However, it is simply less than $1 so they are probably hoping that I wouldn't notice.  Not!  According to my records, this has been going on continuely for months.  Sometimes, the tv rate goes up and sometimes the internet goes up.  I have cut back to just basic cable ($21.88 in June, but $22.27 in July).  Never any good response when I call.  Hate Comcast and never hesitate to state my hatred to friends and relatives.

New Visitor
eleonblog

Completely agree with the comments.  They are a living nightmare to deal with.  Total incompetence.  My bill has gone up 6 times in the past 8 months!!! Unbelievalbe.  Unfortunately for Comcast, their billing and support is killing their product (which i do like).  I cannot keep paying an increasing bill and their customer support is totally worthless.

New Visitor

Thanks for support.  Unfortunately, I'm rural and haven't been able to find another carrier in my area so am stuck.  Either have to do Dish or some other satellite carrier.

New Visitor
king954

Last November I renegotiated my rates.  My bill was supposed to be $128 a month.  I figured like most companies that the agreed upon rate would be my rate. 

Well it's been about 8 months now and low and behold I look at my previous bills and guess what my bills have been between $148-164.

Did I order movies...NO (well maybe 1)

Did I order any other services...NO

Have I done anything to make my bill go up...NO

Did my bill go up without notification or added services...YES

When a company agrees to a price they should stick to the price.  I have a feeling that comcast may be looking at a class action lawsuit at some point in the future with their shady billing practices.

New Visitor
RajuDesai

Hey guys I'm a new customer switching from AT&T. Hoping I don't face the same nightmare as you guys. I have business line AT&T and I'm trying to get back $ 835 they overcharged from Sept. 12 to June '12. This means all big companies will screw their custormer when they can.

eleonblog wrote:

Completely agree with the comments.  They are a living nightmare to deal with.  Total incompetence.  My bill has gone up 6 times in the past 8 months!!! Unbelievalbe.  Unfortunately for Comcast, their billing and support is killing their product (which i do like).  I cannot keep paying an increasing bill and their customer support is totally worthless.

New Visitor
msdee74

Comcast Rip Off

I am definately considering getting another  cable service...my bill with comcast has gone up and they keep telling me how im saving money because im on a promotional...my bill use to be 120 for the three bundle now its 144 thats a lot increase..although its a good cable service its a big rip off to its existing customers which they dont seem to treat well. They reel you in with these wonderful deals then after a year its like they up the price. Comcast does not treat their customers well and show no appreciation at all after having been with them for several years.

Bronze Star Contributor
wchillman

Before switching to another provider it might be worth trying Comcast’s Performance Starter. This will allow for great TV as well as internet service for less than 50 bucks a month. Many Comcast subscribers just aren’t aware of this option and Comcast does not promote it. It’s a perfect solution for all of you unhappy customers who are sick of paying triple digit monthly bills and, as far as I’m concerned, it is well worth the sacrifices. I’ve posted about it elsewhere on the Comcast site but you can click on this link to read more…

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/WE-WANT-NETFLIX-SUPER-HD/td-p/1691409

New Visitor
Jtjc

Overcharged for services I don't have.  Overcharged for equipment I don't have.  Charge $117 for escalated help desk.  Charged for basic service, 1/2 cost for DVR and full cost for second non HDTV which are all paid for by my association.  I Hate Comcast.  This is the third state I've lived in and in each one, I have not had other options.  Made two trips to Comcast center in Delray Beach, FL and will make a third tomorrow.  This time will not leave until I have full refund for all extra charges billed to me since I moved here in February 2013.

New Visitor
Jtjc

Going to comcast to get a full printout of all charges since I opened my current account in Feb. 2013.

New Visitor
pmruden

One thing that strikes me about these posts is that the Comcast lead-in says "Have a Billing question? Please feel free to post here."  But there are no published responses to any of the complaints and no apparent way to email Comcast directly.  Instead you get to sit on hold for incredible periods of time so you can talk to someone in the Phillipines who reads from a script. My bill increased last month by about $3 with no discernable cause and no explanation.  Tried calling -- pointless.  I doubt Comcast reads any of this.  The purpose is to deflect all the unhappy customers to a joint commiseration site with no real solutions to these issues possible. Maybe the hint is in the "feel free to post" language, which translates to "go ahead but it will avail you nothing."

Visitor
deborah_dej

I had a letter stating I owe $108 on July 25th for a declined auto pay debit on July 19th. It also includes their $5 inconvenient fee.

I want to say how about my inconvenient fee of dealing with support on phone and chat at night?

I had to talk to a supervisor that wasn't even an American. How do I know if she will make good on her word.

Well I had to do chat for the rest of the issue tonight. My bank statement came. The auto pay debit on July 19th regular pay date was successful and the transaction was paid. Hum?

I did chat.

I stated that I made a $74 payment on August 3rd to make up for the declined payment 2 weeks prior when they attempted to debit my account. I would not pay $108 with their inflated fees. My August 3rd payment was a successful transaction.

Bank statement overview...mad now...July 19th was a successful and completed transaction and the same for August 3rd transaction.

I wanted to know why they were so mean + didn't believe me where and what happen to the customer is always right? Well both payments were depicted as inept payments with their charges. Until my bank and the statement I get from the bank depicts another world of 2 successful payments on time and should not have added fees or send a letter threw the mail about I should pay this inflated amount ASAP. I have had a good credit standing with Comcast and never have done them wrong so whats up at their end and how many other people are not catching these little inept issues and the agent eating up a store room full of money? Do they really know their employees that well? Do they hire felons? Do they have mentally chanllenaged persons doing their bookkeeping rather then cleaning services-jobs they can handle? The chat person now knows that I have had 2 successful completed transactions and tells me my next payment is due August 18 thats 15 days after my last payment made and it was August 3rd-SO I AM TO PAY 3 PAYMENTS IN 2 MONTHS BUT THE FEES ARE GOING TO BE REMOVED AT THIS TIME. Then she corrected herself and stated that my next payment will be on my normal debit day of the month of September.. I got what I wanted for a solution but it took many phone agents-requests for an American-3 attempts by chat but the chat option for the final solution.

New Visitor
adrianacostanza

I am beyond sick with the charges and the deception...wiped.

How to reach the CEO? help

New Visitor
adrianacostanza

I AM TRYING TO GET MY CREDITS FIRST BEFORE I LEAVE AND SHARE THE GOOD NEW ON THE INTERNET EVERY CHANCE I GET...THIS IS SO DISHEARTENING....DISGUSTING.

Recognized Contributor
MissyLaneous

Yes indeedy, that lead in needs to be modified !  These are basically user-user forums where we try to help one another with shared knowledge.  No one has access to individual accounts.  SOMETIMES a Comcast employee will post but their name must appear in RED .

I've found that alot of the nickle/dime increases (like that $3) come from state/federal fees and taxes.  Other increases are - well - just Comcast raising their rates again.

For unresolved problems, folks can try sending an email to an escalation department we_can_help@cable.comcast.com   and include acct #, account holder's name, service addy, daytime phone and details of issues.  Folks report mixed results but they seem to be far more on the ball.  (Begs the issue of not having good phone support, but I give up on that happening soon, alas.)

You can also try posting at DSLReports.com in the Comcast Direct forum.  Not sure if that's still being actively monitored anymore, however.

Good luck.

Help_Meplease

Have you actually used those resources? Left Comcast dec 2012, forced to return when move, am being treated rather rudely BEFORE installation (was customer for 10 years).
New Visitor
wan420

I have Comcast Internet only, my bill increased $17  WTH?  I was paying $42.34 and this month it went up to $59.30.  That is just ridiculous!

New Visitor
sb5120sb5120

[ Edited ]

Yep, happened to me this month.

I received a letter last month stating that they have inadvertently NOT been charging for MODEM rental or Telephone service. WELL.... we do not use either. So, I dared them to charge me.

This month they charged me for the cable modem; the lesser of the two. I guess they thought the lower number would be less detectable and we'd go ahead and pay it.

Here's the rub- I own my cable modem!@ I bought it at Best Buy 6-7 years ago.

Duh.

Bronze Problem Solver

One of Comcast's better scams.

Visitor
deborah_dej

Hi,

I complained in detail my issues of being over charged and made to feel as if I was a liar by almost every agent or supervisor I spoke to. Well chat was the way to go for me. I tried to make a one time payment of a dollar to probe their withdrawal of funds with a declined payment flag. Well I can finally pay online or pay by phone and my funds will now be applied to my Comcast account w/o being declined creating inconvenient & return to bank fees.

I haven't checked if those false flagged prior declined payment fees are still posted on my account. I should check 1st before giving chat a 5 star rating in troubleshooting my complaint.

But if your unsure of your emotions getting carried away with an agent on the phone-chat is the way to go-plus you can see the script when your done not forgetting a theory that is to be applied for your solution.

I give chat 5 stars that is if I am not charged with the prior false service fees.

New Visitor
richcpl

Every six months Comcast would raise my rates on the same service package and cite the expiration of a six-month "promotional" rate. Typically this would require extended and highly unpleasant arguments, after which they would rollback the rapacious increase to what it had been or slightly above. This had been going on for at least the past five years. A few months ago they raised my fees 50% -- 50%! -- without any advance notice. This time they refused to roll it back, so I scaled back to just the bare-bones basic cable service. Instead of $96, I'm paying $46, meaning they're getting less money from me than they would have had they simply left the rates alone. What drunkard came up with THIS business model?

New Visitor
richcpl

It's not just rural areas. I live in New Jersey, the most densely populated state in the nation, home of high-tech companies, Big Pharma and bedroom communities to many of the most powerful people in finance, media and the arts. Cable is STILL a monopoly here. There's no meaningful competition. It's a scandal arising from the cable/political complex.

New Visitor
MarkSimotas

My bill was due on July 26  come to find out today when I called to make a payment.  On my screen on my Comcast account which is what I look at when paying my bill, it states that my bill  was due on August 6,  I paid  on August 6 by phone going by the due date stated on the online acount and was charged $10.00 late fees ,this is what they charge you for going 1 day over your due date ,but if you pay your bill according to due date shown on online screen account bill due date, it states my bill is due on August 6, Why dont they show the true due by date ,I will tell you why ,because so many peaple pay their bill by looking at due date on their online acount, and I can only imagine how much amount of late fees that they collect from their many many thousands of customers in this frauduelent way,( wow what a scam this is so wrong on so many levels . I AM GOING TO CALL THE APPROPRIATE PERSONS TO SEE WHAT CAN BE DONE ( PLEASE CHECK TO SEE IF SIMILAR SITUATIONS HAVE ACURED WITH YOUR ACOUNTS , AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT ( I dont mean this the wrong way but so many peaple out there are pearty ignorent and never question things and these are the peaple that scavangers like these love to prey on like vultures.

Contributor
joseph67

I agreed to a two year agreement for a bundle of phone,cable and internet.  This was priced at $99.00. I was to pay a rentel fee of $7.00 and taxes.  My bill this month is $159.17!  I ordered only one movie Maybe two, I doubt it.  I do not know what to do.  Some one know a corprate number?

Joseph Orlando

New Visitor
Smegmosis

My bill went from $44 to$64.  Once a year my girlfriend has to explain to someone that we have tv and internet at the same address it's just that the tv is in her name and the internet is in mine. My girlfriend can't argue with them anymore so if I have any problems doing this while i'm at work because of time constraints I'm going to drop Comcast TV and Internet.  No wonder the FCC wouldn't let their giant merger go thru. 

New Visitor
Batangueno

Our homeowners has a free basic channels but I was being charged for 2 years now. Somebody had an experience refunding or giving credit?

New Visitor
kjlong

I've gotten the letter about the $7.00 modem rental for the last three months.  Every month I spend an hour on the live chat going through to fix it.  I even send them a copy of the receipt I have from Newegg from 2010.

Email Expert
CCCarole

ALL-

If you cannot get your issues resolved by speaking with the Billing Department at 1-800 comcast, you can send a detailed email to the We Can Help Team for assistance.  Give the a few days to get back to you.

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Include all of the following in your email

full name

service address

phone number       

account number

link to this thread

full details of the problems

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
ellenmc

just like others, i received a bill creeping up once again.  two months ago it went up $3 per month, now another $20 per month... no explanation just billing for more money for ????  nothing.  I agree with other writers that I will need to look at alternatives....  comcast has just gotten too remote- no service and no one to respond to simple or seemingly simple questions... like why did my bill go up $20 for no reason..... ..................  done....................

New Visitor
deb_eckberg

I am "trying" to cancel The "preferred home security" AND "home security" !

My bill from Comcast is the most expensive bill I pay !  THIS IS RIDICULOUS !!!

I want Comcast to return my message to get-rid of these unnecessary charges.

NOW !!!

ACTION WILL BE TAKEN !

Contributor
Big_Murk_716

Same issue here. Had Comcast since I moved here a year and a half ago. Service started at about 50.00 a month. Now 140 a month. I'm tired of it. Many days couldn't watch tv or use internet. Had service ppl out here on numerous occasions until they said they were going to charge for a house call. They wont give extentions on the bill, but will shut it down at 7 am quickly. I have less channels and crappy internet service and am paying only because I have a 3 yr old in the house and a son for his x box and to look for jobs.. It's ridiculous and a rip off. I can't afford it anymore so I have no clue what to do. Funny thing too is that when I try to call to pay on the bill, nine times out of ten I get the fax machine sound. If I am lucky enough to get through, I wait on hold 20 or more minutes. Something has to be done. 

Bronze Star Contributor
Help_Meplease

I gave you suggestions in your open topic. Do you ever watch the suze orman show? It's free. If you are unemployed, YOU NEED TO CUT BACK. How important is that Xbox compared to the quality of life you can heve? Downgrade. You only need the Internet. See if there ae some other providers, have had excellent service via dsl using vdsl2 in my area. Having to move into an area with Comcast as the only high speed option, I am switching back, but even the cheap Internet essentials program offers the speeds I am switching from at the new address. If you leave for awhile, you can come back as a new customer when you can afford those extras, and get even more savings.

If leaving is not an option, antenna and pre amp came with initial cost of $130 total. Set up myself. Free hd. You don't need to pay for tv. Really. I do have a TiVo, but I was paying for a dvr before, and the TiVo is cheaper. Look into getting roku box, and a Netflix subscription ($8 + tax). Teach the kids about what you CAN DO responsibly, without headaches, vs what you are paying for, but is destroying your quality of life.

Why my downgrades? I am on fixed income, disability. I want to spend my money on other things besides the increasing prices of tv. Everything is a choice. You have the power, you can cancel everything. Life is easier when you simplify, and downgrading is simplification in its most perfect form.
New Visitor

Even when I walked into our local office with all paperwork in hand to prove the overcharge error, they refuse to correct the billing error.  My account has been active since Comcast initiated service in our town, almost 50 years.  Our payments have not been late, never sent a partial payment, have rarely even called for customer service, which is nonexistent.  I am sure my parents thought the "COM" in Comcast represented something to do with communications.  I am equally sure that they have turned over in their graves more than once to find that the "COM" in Comcast actually represents Communist instead.   

New Visitor
crochetlady

Re: Comcast Rip Off

Agree.  My bill used to be $144, new bill is now $160.  No advance notice, nothing.  My contract is up in September and I'm gone.  They are not the only game in town.

Contributor
joseph67

I am in your shoes.  My job was outsourced as I worked in a calling center for AT@t .  So point is right now I have all three services with Comcast phone cable and internet.  The bill is a little under 150.00.  I called to downgrade they told me if I did I would save 6 dollars only.

I am furious with At@t for selling out the American labor force to India.  Even Pakistan!!!! We al know who we found there.  Yet for my own financial survival I may have to switch.

So I know your dissatisfaction.  I hope and pray that you will see some resolve

Good luck'

Joe

Contributor
joseph67

I have and got my bill down 16 dolllars.

New Visitor
deb_eckberg

HOW  !!!:   smileyshocked:

Recognized Contributor
Tom_Hill

I'm about to leave too. WOW cable is coming to town and streaming will soon replace Comcast TV. Can't wait!!! We need the anti-trust people to bust this monopoly. Consumers are getting burned repeatedly. Good Luck

New Visitor
thanhpayne

I have digital starter TV and internet, double bundle that was listed $69 a month. The first 3 months it was back to normal which is 94. This month they billed me 116 for no reason, I am going to call and cancel their service, im so mad right now.

Recognized Contributor
Tom_Hill

[ Edited ]

I feel your pain!

You can try this email. I'm waiting to see if it helps but several people have advised me to send all my details here: We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

New Visitor
CherryHillPhil

I cancelled Comcast several months ago as my bill went from $100 to $140 a month over the period of six months.  Switched to that other company that wasn't any better after a few months.  Decided to crawl back to Comcast and was quoted a great $69.99 per month package.  During the conversation my wife asked if we would be able to keep our phone number....CS Rep checked and told us yes.  He also asked us how many Hi Def boxes we would need....we understood we would need to pay for an additional box.

Now it gets fun. Instyaller comes out and does his thing.  My wife asks if there will be a lapse in phone service?  He informs us that the $69.99 package doesn't include phone......that's extra.  I turn on the HD TV and the picture was awful.  He then informs me the $69.99 doesn't include High Definition!!!! ( Do they even sell TV's without HD?)

Just got my bill $156.76!!!  Higher than when I left Comcast the first time, and more than double the package I was quoted.

They got me good this time.

New Visitor
bears102466

When you call comcast immediately ask for the Retention Dept. This is a department that just deals with keeping people that want to leave. They have the most authority to offer you a better rate.

New Visitor
Nicky954

I have been going though so many bad experiences with Comcast !!! I moved and they have been billing me for 2 services even though I transferred the service 3 months ago, they keep saying there going to correct the accounts , but I keep getting 2 bills!! I am so frustrated and disappointed with the level of service I have received.
Contributor
joseph67

Wow..   Call the retention dept.  Now the rep will not want to put you through so insist!

Visitor
deborah_dej

donlyn06 wrote:

Thanks for support.  Unfortunately, I'm rural and haven't been able to find another carrier in my area so am stuck.  Either have to do Dish or some other satellite carrier.

Hi, I agree that Comcast has room for improvement. I tried that live chat and with the information listed in our chat for the chat person to review before replying to me gave me a sense of the agent had to focus more on my issue since it's typed down for them-my issue or issues..I feel chat is the way to go if you have any billing issues.

But if all fails with the chat or your not satisfied with the solution of your issue...Dishnetwork has internet service now. Check them out in your rural area.

New Visitor
mmc44mag

We were being charged all the standard fees and costs+ overcharges ++ being forced to pay for fees to the property owner as a separate line item monthly fee on the property lease. 10 years of squawking by me ended after i sent a letter to Congress, The FBI and the Vice President of Comcast -illustrtating the Unterstate Commerce Fraud, Grand Larceny, Aid and use of Electronic Devices and Use of Citizens personal information in an on-going scheme to defraud-coerce- and EXTORT monies NOT righfully due them-capped w/ CONSPIRACY to co-lude and manipulate the STOCK MARKET - and skim and launder the money--also paying bribes and pay-offs to Politicians for supposed election and Party funds- in an effort to buy a blind eye from Govt. Officials to maintain their Grand Larceny Inter-State fraud. Basically Comcast is too big- and has exceeded it's Monopoly State, and has used it's Giant money fraud footprint to over-expand--and cannot adequately address the simple and basic issues of the customer in a reasonable fashion or time period-So THEREFORE Must be Broken up into 300 companies of much smaller size and different ownerships in order to provide honest services and products to the consumers!!

Contributor

I was billed for work by installation contractors that was never performed and not listed on the paperwork I signed before they left.  Comcast refuses to see my copy and refuses to adjust my bill.  I'm looking elsewhere for service.

New Visitor
evgueni8

Same with me : 4 months ago started to charge $7_lease  for my own modem.

Plus ( of course )  late payment fee for not pying $7.

( only called once and sent one letter / do not want to spend more time ).

Going to cancel service and let them eat late payment fee bills.