New Visitor
Aheebner

Payment arrangements?

Hopefully someone at Comcast themselves can monitor this message, and proceed accordingly.

I recently had some unforeseen repairs done at my home (boiler blew up, and house needed to be professionally cleaned (desooting)).  Anyhow, I called comcast on 3 seperate occasions today to try and make a payment arrangement.

My service was suspended today... I get paid Friday, thus guaranteeing payment.  But apparently they would have no part of this, and I was told by one of the CSR's that "we can't make a payment arrangement on your account due to the high balance."  Seriously?  Isn't that the reason people make a payment arrangement.  Plus the fact that they shut my service off without sending a notice (and yes, I triple-checked my past mail, and sure enough... no shut-off notices).

I'm sure Comcast can live up to their guarantee.  They've messed up my service on several occasions, but this by far is the most imcompassionate show of greed I've seen in a long time.  Try having two toddlers run around without TV nowadays, and a business you conduct from home being shut down.

To end it, Comcast... you're only compounding the problem by not granting a 2 day extension (which is guaranteed... same as your guarantee, only I stick to mine).  If anyone can be of assistance, please, chime in.  Comcast is not only making myself and my wife crazy, but they're also costing me money which in turn could be paying my bill.  The ball's in your court Comcast....

Andrew

New Visitor
UpsetMom

Re: Payment arrangements?

Andrew, I totally agree with you.  I too was disconnected today without any warning.  I did not even get a past due bill which helps me remember.  Working two jobs and feeding my family is hard to do and I normally can stay on top of it until now.  I carry Comcast because it is the only service available in my area.  They do not work with you on payment arrangements.  They are a terrible company to work with.

New Visitor
becky9476

I am currently having medical issues and had my comcast shut-off last month...afta explaining problem they put me on payment program this month as soon as I called to help me get caught up.  what I could afford over the next 6 weeks and gave me a lower price on same package.  I found them to be extremely helpful.

New Visitor
paulmonsen107

I totally agree. I never see a date of "interuption". Maybe the reason the balance is so high is because of all of the additional charges. I signed up for 109.00 per month for two years. Never have i seen my bill under 200.00. Not making payment arrangements is soooo rude!  They want us to be cooperative with them when the cable doesnt work right for a week straight.  In our little village, the only company you can get is comcast.  They have a contract with our town.  Talk about a one horse race. Let us have a choice.  I bet they wouldnt be so greedy.

New Visitor
sark_

Wow, I couldn't agree more; this compounded by the fact that no two representatives provide the same information. It is a very poor way to conduct business. They rival the power companies in terms of compassion.

New Visitor
vaughngray7006

PLEASE I PRAY SOMEONE AT COMCAST READ THIS MESSAGE AND I HOPE COMCAST WILL PLEASE ALLOW ME TO PAY MY 55 DOLLARS PAST DUE AMOUNT MONDAY THE 22ND JULY 2013, I REALLY APPRECIATE AND  APOLOGIZE FOR MY LATE PAYMENT. THANK YOU

New Visitor
astraith

The only way to make payment arrangements is to talk to the collection department who calls you when you're late. Which, they don't always call you. I haven't been able to successfully to call them. You'll know its Comcast because the number is always 1-800-266-2278. I was told it depends on the market you live in, and they are trying to make this nation wide. So it's possible where you are they don't offer payment arrangements even if they call you.
Bronze Problem Solver
John3758

astraith wrote:
The only way to make payment arrangements is to talk to the collection department who calls you when you're late. Which, they don't always call you. I haven't been able to successfully to call them. You'll know its Comcast because the number is always 1-800-266-2278. I was told it depends on the market you live in, and they are trying to make this nation wide. So it's possible where you are they don't offer payment arrangements even if they call you.
In my area (pittsburgh pa) any agent can take a post dated payment.
Connection Expert
EG

Two and a half year old thread now closed.