New Visitor

Price Increase

I have just received my January Bill with an increase of $9.59. Why? I have tried in the past to keep my bill reasonable by adjusting packages to no avail. I do not see any noticeable difference in any  of the services I have.  It will take me a while to get over this. It is an annual increase of $115.08. I will definetly consider other carriers at this point. Someone told me that Comast is the Devil...........

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Price Increase

look at your last bill compare it to this one.  Where is the increase?  Prices do go up, when the gas goes up is the gas better no its just up, same with your tv service.

New Visitor
astoker

Shouldnt comcast be required to give notice of bill increase?  My bill increased by 9$ as well. I didnt not recieve any notice of such increase, just an increase. 9bucks doesnt sound like much, however when u multiple it by 12months  it starts to get substantial. You comparing gas price increase to my tv service doesnt seem very valid either. Its much easier to drive to the next gas station to save money. However if i wanna try to make changes to my service to save that 9$  i have to stay on hold for 30mins on my cellphone then get very poor customer service.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

comcast does notify of increases on your billing statements.  if you don'[t get a paper bill you would have to go print that out online.  I got my bill today and there was a whole paragrah about upcoming billing changes.  

The opinions expressed by me on this forum are mine only as a customer. I do not work for comcast nor do I represent them in any way.

New Visitor
astoker

yea, no paper bill.   That only adds more fuel to fuss about though.  Of course i think that complaints is all i see in these forums and with this many complaints with no resolution in sight it seems futile to waste more of my time on these forums.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

astoker

You can view the bill online under the MY ACCOUNT tab. A PDF copy can then be saved to your computer.

The online copy should include all notices of upcoming changes to your market.

New Visitor
jimmyjon

the problem isn't new technology or anything else that is neccessary. It is well documented that Comcast is losing customers to Sattelite, streaming services and pay per episode; they have been raising rates/fees in response to minimize their losses financially.

Email Expert
CCCarole

astoker wrote:

yea, no paper bill.   That only adds more fuel to fuss about though.  Of course i think that complaints is all i see in these forums and with this many complaints with no resolution in sight it seems futile to waste more of my time on these forums.

If you view the PDF of your bill online, usually you will see any upcoming changes to service or charges listed under NEWS FROM COMCAST.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
MrMaybeSF

My bill went up $7.34. A detailed analysis of the bill showed this different of $6.45 - the majority of it:

Prior Bill:      Franchise Fee  6.45

Current Bill: Franchise Fee 12.89

However, the current months disclosure showed $5.00 across the board on rate plans. So I'm expecting another $5 next month (plus a few cents for the taxes, etc.).

So you tell me . . . I see NOT announcement in the prior month with franchise fee of $6.45 of a next month increase in franchise fee.

My prediction - get set for more next month.

Contributor

I see the same thing on my Jan bill - the Franchise fee more then doubled.  What is this and why the increase?

Visitor

Prepare to go to another service, or stream. These guys are CROOKS and the FCC does not seem to care. They raise fees (whether they tell us or not) constantly, small amounts so most don't notice, don't have time to call. My bill was billed $200 over the correct amt in Nov/Dec. I sat on phone at 20", 45", 60", 95" intervals throughout 2 weeks. Would call billing from work, put on speaker--THEY NEVER PICKED UP!! NO access to get help. I finally called as if I was a new customer, BINGO! got a person--he stated it wasn't his job put put in computer I should get refund, it never happened. Weeks go by, I called and pretended I needed technical help (billing center not picking up). English speaking woman actually within 10 mins put in computer to give me refund. CRAZY. AT COMCASTSUCKS.COM lots of horror stories, customers even picketing outside of CC offices because of billing errors, no customer service, service of cable/internet not working. 

Visitor
notprime

I have just been on the phone with a Comcast customer rep, I had to sit through 10 mins of menu options before I got an actual person at the other end. The conversation we had was a complete waste of time and I had to demand to speak to a representative 4 times, then -surprise!- a supervisor was not available and I am waiting for a call back.

My problem: price increases with NO notification. Notice of increase is not on online bill. This causes further problems; I have auto payment arranged with my bank, so my bill is never paid late. However, when Comcast increases the amount without telling me, the amount my bank sends maybe inadequate, and my account is then labelled overdue. This has happened several times over the years I have been a customer!

I only learned of the recent changes because Comcast sent me an e-mail today saying that my account was short $0.01!!! That's right, 1 penny!

New Visitor
fadove

My bill went up $17.00.  Please contact your franchise authority and complain...If enought of us do maybe we can get this reversed.  Thanks

New Visitor

I live in Delaware  ,  my cost increase has risen from  $110.00  to  $130.00 from sept. 2012  - jan 2013  .  3  months and almost 20% increase .  same service no changes.  OUTRAGEOUS   I ask all who care    to call and complain and demand a decrease in charges  ,  or QUIT this monopoly called xfinity and find better media to serve your needs !!      FREE YOURSELF         John from Delaware

New Visitor
pjohnson875

I received my bill for $231 and the last bill was $166, so what is the price increase?

Visitor
holycow01

Mine went up from $116 to $140....what is going on here?!

New Visitor
sja1229

My bill went up $25 for triple play so I promplty called and asked them to help me lower my bill through any means necessary.  We discussed reducing service, turning in the cable box, getting rid of the phone.  Fianlly the guy just cut $10 off the bill with no service reduction.  I think that will hold me about two months and then I will return the cable box and go with "basic basic" as they call it.  Thankfully the Patriots are on channel 4!

Visitor
holycow01

I have basic cable, no DVR, no on demand boxes...just the 3 of the standard black Comcast boxes & internet at NOW $140 & some change.

I feel this is way too expensive & will most likely be canceling my Comcast altogether & going with another provider. Researching my options already

Contributor
TommieAgee

I find it outrageous that we as consumers have no choice in the matter regarding cable TV and internet. Areas are demarked and designated to one (1) cable utility and only one. You either do business with Comcast, who has spent the past fifteen years swallowing up every small independent cable company they can, in order to monopolize cable service nationally, or you must piece your needs together with satellite and DSL.

It reeks of Washington and lobbyists and dinners and back room payoffs. We deserve choice, not to be saddled with the dilemma of giving our money to the corporate monolith Comcast or resign ourselves to problematic services like DSL and satellite, which experience outage due to weather. I only wish FIOS was availabnle here in NJ, I would gladly pay Verizon more simply to walk away from Comcast.

Visitor
holycow01

I agree TommyAgee. Luckily U-verse ofers a great package. The internet isnt bad either my neighbors have it & stream with no problem.

Comcast is getting greedy & in this economy TV is not a priority for many

Contributor
Visitor
holycow01

Ha, but there is a choice. I just talked to U-verse. Internet alone I will save $356 a year...bye bye Comcast

Contributor

Not for everyone!  U-Verse is not available in PA  BOO!!

Visitor
holycow01

True. Fortunately it is available for me, Maybe Comcast should at least price their services to compete with U-verse. I know many that have changesd over since it became available in ou neighborhood.

Obviously they make enough money not to care

Regular Contributor

I still get my bill sent to my house.  Yet, I didn't see any notice of any rate increase.  I'm sick of it.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

How far back did you look? Most of the time in my bill the price increases are announced a couple of months in advance. Or more.

And then lately the channel changes; addition or subtraction; are not accurate if announced at all.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

My January 2013 bill shows that my TV programming rate has increased and now I'm being charged for DTA rental fees.  I've gone back to April 2012 and I didn't find any announcement of TV programming rate increases or rental charges for DTAs. 

The only announcement I found was increase charges for custom home installation, wired home installation, upgrade of service (in-home visit required), downgrade of service (in-home visit required), additional cable outlet (after initial installation of service), relocate of additional cable outlet, transfer of cable service, and connect VCR/DVD service.

New Visitor
astarhouse

This is untrue and not relevant. Gas price is going up because price of crude oil is up. What we get better for the higher price, or where do you see the cost increase? Comcast get more customers as number of residents increase – then cost is lover. They provide bad customer service (the worse of any service I’m using) and constant, unexplained price increase.

My bill is higher $47.29 this month; $7.29 for Additional XFINITY Voice Services I did not request, and I do not want, and $40 – one-time fee without a word of explanation. NOTHING.

New Visitor
astarhouse

Comcast doesn't notify me on $40:00 one-time service charges this month. Also, why some customer got $9:00 increases, and some other 7.25?

Visitor
notprime

OK, I figured it out thanks to folks responding; Comcast does NOT notify of price increases on the online bill one receives, BUT, if you go to my account", and ask to see a JPG copy of your paper bill (if you'd had one mailed) , then you'd see a notice re price increases. Silly me, I'd assumed that any such significant info  would show up in the bill they e-mail me!

BTW, it amazes me that people seem to be paying in excess of $100 MONTHLY for cable TV services!!! How can u think that anything on TV would be worth that?

New Visitor
astarhouse

I do have a paper bill, and the paper bill is DIFFERENT from the on-line pdf file bill. The amount is the same, but amounts and positions ARE DIFFERENT.

New Visitor

I am certain Comcast will lose many good and long paying customers over this recent Billing increase.

New Visitor

The odd $9 increase was probably due to the change from HBO special at $10 per month to $18.95.

And in case you missed it, they did have a "premium channel sale" in December 2012 for $10.00/channel.

Fortunately I get paper bills still, so finding this was relatively easy.

And in this case there was no warning paragraph.

New Visitor
magickdust30

:smileyangry:   I just received my January bill as well.  I have economy internet and the basic tv.  I have no premium channels and my bill is over $110/mo.  They just raised my bill yet again while I'm dealing w/ loss of service for several hours a month here and there.  WHY on earth should anyone have to pay even more and their customer "service"??  They have none...and there is no other choice in providers in my area.  I just landed an $8/hr PT job after months of searching, while looking for a new FT one...so HOW is one to pay any bills in this economy when they keep raising prices on their already crappy service.  I'm beyond angry at this point.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Use Profanity Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

New Visitor

Loyal customer, pay my bill on time - my reward is Comcast sends me an increase in my bill every year.  This year for around $37.00.  I'll call on Monday using my lunch hour to negotiate a lower increase once again.  I think this year I might take advantage of UVerse - they too offer a deal to new customers.  Of course it is only for 2 years, but then I could come back to Comcast for $99.  I wonder how long I could just bounce back and forth?  

New Visitor

I am going to be one that is going to say by by , to much just for internet 71.95 . allen

New Visitor
ebrow

My bill went up 33%  from $88. to $117.

There is no new programming.  Constant outages.

I have long been aware that there is no consumer loyalty. 

To receive a discount from a large corporation you must be a new customer.

To change services is a hassle, granted but companies rely on that to keep you from moving when they hit you with a 33$ increase.

If you want to change the thought process quit writing on these rediculous forum boards and cancel your service. 

Become someone elses "new" customer and receive a two year reduction in costs.

You can become a "new" comcast customer at a later date.

That is what I am going to do............. G'By

New Visitor
emmibelle

Check out your data overages. They call it Internet Extras (LOL!!)

They pinged me for $60 of overages ("courtesy" credited of course). 

I think Comcast wants to go the way of Netflix with their BS. Direct TV is looking better by the hour.

New Visitor
hoosier60

Rog286713: Even though in all these forums you keep saying you're just a customer and not a Comcast employee, I find that impossible to believe.  You do nothing but constantly back Comcast for its exhorbitant price increases and shoddy service.  I smell a company mole!  I hope everyone else can see through your ruse also.

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

I can tell you as a fact that Rog is NOT employed by Comcast.  He is a customer.

ALL Comcast employees must have their Username in RED text.

If you glance through a Forum page you may see posts made by

Comcast Employees

Experts 

Regular contributors

Here is an example of the difference in the font color of an Expert versus a regular contributor.

font color.JPG

CCCarole (Email Expert)

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
kentwoodguy

Man, am I sick and tired of Comcast. Just 16 months ago I downgraded my internet speed to Economy to save a few bucks and went from $142. a month to $127. a month for Preffered basic, DVR, and net. Now I am BACK to $142. per month for NOTHING more than what I had. These guys give themselves pay raises like no-one else I have ever seen, 2 a year now. Will FCC PLEASE go back to regulating our cable services. This just has to be Union pukes behind these increases. Guess what ELSE we are paying for now? The free Digital Converter I had for the last two years for my 2nd. tv on the other floor NOW is being charged $1.99 for. Last month's billing-"Included with service", this month's bill- now we pay $1.99. My Preffered Basic has gone from $77 now to $85, and my HD/DVR charge has been SPLIT into 2 charges, each having been increased independantly. So I called today to ask why we now have to pay for this piece of junk converter that was supposed to be free when they sent it out. I got some guy from who knows what foriegn country that I couldn't even understand what he was saying, I told him he sounded like he was drunk or something. He asks me, after putting me on hold for 3 minutes, what my name and all my account info was again, and then asks me for the info for the THIRD time! So what was his answer? " The digital converter costs $1.99 per month". I KNOW that I told him, I want to know WHY, for God's sake! So it does NO good to call and complain because they can't give any justification for the increases. 

So what are we left with? Unregulated increases of 10% a year, people who can't communicate in English when you call, free stuff converted into pay per month stuff, stuff split into separate charges in order to gouge us more, and service that mysteriously goes out in the middle of net surfing and won't load screens for a whole day sometimes. You know what, Comcast? I am just about at the point of pulling your junk out of my house for good, but you don't seen to even care that your unconcionable price increases are losing you your customer base, do you? Just a bunch of money-grubbing profiteers is what you are.--"THANKYOU"

Regular Contributor

I feel your pain! They know where they have no competition. There-fore they can gouge you! They know U-verse is terribly slow and not reliable "High Speed" Internet.

So, if there's no Fios or Google service in your area, you can be sure. Comcast will gouge you and keep raising the prices. Because they can! Love the greed in this Country! Comcast tops the list of it!

Just keep praying the government does put some kind of regulation on this. So more competition can bring prices down to something we can all feel is fair and not feel like your being robbed!

Regular Contributor

Thank you venting exactly what I was thinking ! Saved me re-typing all of it. 

I tried to call Comcast tonite - got a rep on the phone and when I told him I wanted to order the HD Premier XF bundle which was offered @ $ 209 per month for existing customers online ( I pay $ 219 per month now for this exact level of service ) --- I was told he could not do it because it was considered a "down grade" !! 

All I was trying to do was save money -- all he was allowed to do was try and make more money for CC. 

New Visitor
mommabear36

I pay $16 a month for Netflix and Hulu.  It streams via the internet on my smart TV.  I'm thinking about ditching Comcast all together and just sticking with these 2 programs to keep up to date with news, movies, and TV shows...The price of cable is seriously ridiculous

Regular Contributor

I have had enough with Comcast and the endless price increases.  Luckily I live where I have a choice of 2 cable companies plus U-Verse, I now have signed up with WoW cable at a significantly lower per month price (20% less), with better terminals and faster Internet.  OK, some of the low price is introductory, like some of the box rentals, but the TV package price is guaranteed until 2015 ... I don't see Comcast ever doing that !  I have to call and discontinue Comcast service now I am pretty happy with WoW doing most of what I want (I only miss one station, a local PBS offf-air one).  I wonder if they will try a retention game or just roll over :smileyhappy:

New Visitor
noelito626

I just received my bill for February and the rate has increased 18%.  This is outrageous.  I have been contemplating switching to another mode of service or cutting the cable cord altogether.  I think this is the catalyst I needed. 

New Visitor
Angry939

I am extremely frustrated with Comcast. Bill after bill constant increases and horrible service. Internet slow, glitches in converter boxes t/o house. two calls to customer service this week to some lady and man in timbukto(India) that spoke little understandable english.

Now they are charging for all comcast pieces in home to make our TV's even work.

FED UP. Searching for other options!!!!!!!!

New Visitor
Angry939

Agreeto your post!!!

New Visitor
Angry939

I read your post and can identify with all you note-this is utterly ridiculous. Comcast insisted we have all converters on all boxes to make our services work and now we have to PAY for them.

i am so angry. Trying to communicate with their customer services is just as frustrating!!!!!!!