New Visitor

Problems trying to cancel my Comcast internet service.

[ Edited ]

Howdy,

I signed up for Comcast internet in Santa Cruz on November 16th. I was told I would be paying $39.99 for month-to-month internet service only (no TV).

On my first bill there was a large installation fee, even though I used a self-install kit. After being extremely dissatisfied with quality of the customer service I have received I decided today to cancel my internet service and move to another ISP.

When I called to cancel I was told that there would be a $75 early termination fee and that I am in a contract. They also said that I have cable TV service... Strangely, I do not even own a TV and was specifically told by the employee in the Comcast store where I signed up that the internet service was month-to-month.

Sadly, between the weekly connection issues and poor customer service I don't see myself doing business with Comcast ever again. Is it possible to at least end this awful experience without a cancellation fee?

Thanks,

Skylar

New Visitor
apower1010

Re: Problems trying to cancel my Comcast internet service.

Skyler I am having the same problems This company is so awful All we wanted was internet and we had a self install kit and they tried to charge us for instillation and then it still did not work After many hours on the phone of being transferred and hung up on we were able to get the installation fee off but we are still having problems with them so we too have tried to disconnect service and were told we were under some sort of contract We never signed any agreement for a contract These cable companies are becoming evil big bussines because they know their time is near end when everything will be through the phone companies wireless I acn't wait ti not have to do bussiness with cable companies when I do not even want televiaion

New Visitor
ufpjax

Sad to say I have been trying to cancel service since July 27th of 2011.  Talked to numerous people at different levels and at times have been agreed with but the bill keeps growing.  All equipment has been returned, the early termination fee has been paid and I have many hours on the phone with no useful results.

It has been suggested to me a possible solution is to present evidence to the State Attorney General office in the form of a complaint which appears to me now to be the only option I have. 

Good luck with your efforts.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

To all posters

Send an email to this address with a detailed description of your individual issues

we_can_help@comcast.com

Include service address and name on account, the account number, good contact number and an alternate.

New Visitor
NeedToCancelSer

I need to cancel my service but Comcast is telling me I need to go to a service center.  I am no where near a service center. What is so difficult about cancelling service?  Why is Comcast making it so hard to cancel service? I do not have a contract and want to cancel my service ASAP! Today. Now!