New Visitor
ramman73

Promotion not honored - small comfort that I'm not the only one...

This is my first experience with Comcast, and I have to say, they are the WORST cable company I have ever dealt with.

I signed up for the "Triple Play", including the phone service that I didn't want/need but by adding it would supposedly make my bill cheaper.

The Comcast Rep for my apartment community told me that I would be locked in at a rate of $99/month for 12 months.  Never was there any mention of a contract or "agreement", and, she seemed like she just wanted me off her phone.

The installation was totally botched.  The installer scratched my brand new end table (delivered about an hour before he arrived), and left me without internet.  Also, the installation took about 4 hours, and I now have unsightly cables all over the place.

After the first month, I get a phone call from Comcast saying that I needed to call and accept an agreement to keep my price.  While I wasn't happy about this idea, I called the number, and was promptly transferred to a recording asking me if I agreed to the terms of the agreement.

What agreement?  I never received an agreement.  I declined the "agreement" because I am not agreeing to anything without reviewing it first.

I called back, and waited to speak to a live representative.  The representative told me that they didn't have a copy of my agreement, so she couldn't tell me the terms.

I explained my situation to this representative and was told to not worry about it.

Another billing cycle passes...

Now I get a bill for $188.  So I call Comcast and I am told that my promotion has been removed (that was the fastest 12 months of my life --- seemed like only 60 days ago that I was getting this service).  Upon protest, I was told that I could either downgrade my service or contact the representative that signed me up.  I called the rep, and she says she can't do anything other than downgrade my service to lower the cost.  Both people I spoke with tried to convince me that by paying $50+ more per month, I was getting a "great deal".  What planet are these people from???  You expect me to have LESS service and pay MORE for it?  Oh, but you guarantee my satisfaction???

I am anything but satisfied.  Now I have to risk having my credit ruined or pay the higher amount.  I plan on pursuing every avenue available, including court, if necessary.

Any reputable company would make their agreements available to the customer upon request, so that further confirms my feelings about this company.

In just THREE phone calls, my "agreement" has changed that many times --- and you wonder why I want something in writing???

It would be nice to find someone in this organization that has some intelligence and the authority to do something about this situation.  I believe the rep should be fired, and they need to scrap what they call Customer Service and start over.

If you are in the market for cable service, stay FAR, FAR, FAR away from Comcast.  You would be better served by rabbit ears and tin foil, or 2 soup cans and a string.

New Visitor
woodybme123

Re: Promotion not honored - small comfort that I'm not the only one...

totally sympathize, after my introductory offer was completed after 12 months my rate has literally doubled!! The more services I shed the more it goes up.  Comcast undermining their own customer service and price competition by ripping people off. Initially I spent dozens of hours on the phone with internet and television issues and they actually were very responsive with handling the problems albeit, I had to call back over and over again.  Now that I am dependent on their services they keep increasing my bill and do not work with me at all!!!!!

New Visitor
concerned2

The first year I moved in my apt I went without cable. My rent is over $1500 per month and steadily rising I have basic HDTV service no bells and whistles because I can't afford it my bill have gone from $40.00 to $90.00 in a year  I need a reprieve or I will have to cancel Comcast  and stream TV's services using my home computer..Any more suggestion COMCAST??? I feel ripped off

Recognized Contributor
MissyLaneous

Boy, can I ever emphathize about the promotions not being honoured.  I have documentation of the dates/times, employee name/ID, AND the specific items in the "promotion" for four months.  This via Retention.

Month 1:  Called to explain I'm a senior, fixed income -- can't afford increased rates.  After literally begging or having to go elsewhere, was given some break.  Next month's bill arrives:  NOT there.

Month 2:  Call back, read all the information (including dates/times -- yada yada).  Response:  "...that isn't valid ,,,:, "  Go thru same senior/fixed income scenario and even more begging.  "Solution":  put me in a special that costs more than 1st time.

Month 3:  Amount from month 2 NOT there.  Again, call/explain/beg.  Response:  "you're not entitled to that ...".  More finessing and results in another so-caled special that costs more than months 1 and 2.

Month 4:  Just take the experiences in the above.  Result:  a "special" that naturally is even more.  So far, that amount has "stuck" but it's only for a few months.  I spent a good 5+ hours total on this.

Comcast does offer great HSI and cable TV, but once one's promotion ends ... it's all about the "new" customers and giving them the special rates.

CCCarole

ramman73,

Please send an email to the We Can Help Comcast Team:

:We_can_help@cable.comcast.com .

Please include all of the following in your email: Service address

The full name on your account

Home phone number & an alternate number where you can be reached if possible

Your Comcast Account number

A link to this Thread

A detailed description of the problems

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Visitor
Visitor

Thats why i am changing.FIOS is avaible in my area, and after the last increase, I  made up my mind to make the change.It happens this saturday and monday comcast is gone. and it won't take me hours .

good luck on getting a good  deal from these people

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Please post back your experience with fios after your install so others can judge.

Visitor
Visitor

snotty reply, par for the course. that is just exactly what i mean. you people just don't get it do you.

Email Expert
CCCarole

FYI- Comcast Employees will always have their Username in red text.  The post above yours was not made by a Comcast employee.  Customers do try to help out in the Forums too- But their Username would be in the same color as yours.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Visitor
ramman73

Thanks for the suggestion.  I sent an email.  I have contacted them before, to no avail.  They only suggest that I go to my local office, but I work the same schedule as their hours.

I have been searching for other service options in my area, and not having much luck.  I can't believe that in a huge metropolitan area like Chicago we have 1 cable company to choose from, but when I lived in Cowtown, USA, I had my choice of 3.

Maybe the reason the rates have skyrocketed and they can't afford to honor their pricing agreements is because they are spending too much on those government bribes that allow them to keep their monopoly.

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

[ Edited ]

Thank You
-Keisha-
Contributor
thwang

You are not the only one here.  I have the same problem, too.  She told me that the promotion is not offered in my area but it is a mistake from the Comcast website.

It is pretty funny that I received a flyer in the mail before I signed up online.  The flyer indicates that there is a promotion going on.  Just be cautious!  I talked to a Comcast agent online and he also confirmed that it is true.

When I enrolled to the Economy Plus online, it also showed the promotion price.

Now I got my bill which has the regular price.  I have contacted Comcast right away.  I have been talking to 4 different agents.

Agent #1: First, she denied the promotion until I plan to cancel the service.  Then she told me that I am right about the promotion and transferred me to another department.

Agent #2: From another department, he told me that he cannot change it but issue a ticket for this problem.  I will get a response in 24 ~48 hours.

After 2 days, there is no response.  I contacted Comcast again.

Agent #3: She said that there is no update on my ticket yet.

I have to post my complain here to get a response.  Fortunately, an agent called me on the next day.

Agent #4: She told me that the promotion is not offered in my area but it is a mistake from the Comcast website.  She tried to apply this promotion to my account.

It has been 5 days now after I reported this issue.  How long and difficult to correct the billing error for Comcast?

Email Expert
CCCarole

I would recommend that you send an email to the We Can Help Team for assistance.

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Include all of the following in your email

full name

service address

phone number

account number

link to this thread

full details of the problems

Contributor

I have this problem also I signed up for a price lock and it seems that every month my bill goes up I called billing and I got a very rude lady saying this
Is what you pay or discontinue your service. We are Seniors I can not afford this price hike every month we don't get any more raises when we are retired.
I wanted to delete some programs she would not let me. I really get upset I never miss a bill I pay promptly I must search for other means to lower my bill
This is not good to treat customers this way. Maybe we sll need to write the CEO in Philadelpia hope they read these complaints.