Contributor
Kenneth_Morris

RATE HIKE NOT ACCEPTABLE

So,  to start off,  Comcast decides to upgrade its service in my area to ALL DIGITAL..  OK...

I have 2 TiVo's (Series 2 Analog) that will no longer function as dual tuners, Need to replace,  Fine there $1000 gone to stay dual tuner and have lifetime plan..  I'll suck that up, grumbling,  but I'll do it.

Then I HAVE to have a Cable Card in each of my 4 TiVo's in my home.. I have 2 now.  Billed at nothing for #1, and $1.50 for the other. Additional Drop fee of $8.50 with a customer owned equipment discount of $2.50.

NOW..  Here's where COMCAST Needs to stop milking their customers....

I need 2 new CableCards..  They begin to bill me..

CableCard 1 = 1.50 and 8.50 for HD Service

CableCard 2 = 8.50 and 8.50 for HD Service

CableCard 3 = 8.50 and 8.50 for HD Service

CableCard 4 = 8.50 and 8.50 for HD Service

All on top of 59.99 a month for Digitall Preferred for whole house service

IS THIS LEGAL????  COME ON COMCAST!?!?!?!

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: RATE HIKE NOT ACCEPTABLE

The HD technology fee should be charged only once for all equipment in the house in most markets.

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified and will contact the local group for clarification.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team during the business week.

Contributor
Kenneth_Morris

I'll keep my eyes open, but my hopes will not be up..

Additional checking of my bill reflects that my Service was also hiked from 39.99 to 59.99 a month for Digital Preferred...

So not a happy camper

Contributor
Kenneth_Morris

Been a Week,  no contact....

COMCAST..  your Customer Service Sucks...

Party Line chatter is all I ever have heard..  Oh,  except for the time I brought a 14 page Email track to your office (took four hours off work to visit you) and waited in your billing office for an hour to be seen by someone that was not front line, since they hosed all my service and billing in the first place.

If I had a way to directly speak to an English Speaking Supervisor that knew ALL the billing policies that are current,  I might not have such issues..

Did I mention I despise the idea of cable being a monopoly?

Service Expert
Moguns

Please contact them yourself here is the info. And I am sorry that you had not gotten a response

I would immediately send an email to the We Can Help Team:

Please include all of the following in your email:

Your full name

Service Address

Home phone number & an alternate number where you can be reached

Your Comcast Account Number

A link to this Thread

All the details, including dates of the problems

Send to: We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Photobucket
Visitor

I've been a Comcast customer for 20+ years. Last year I added a tripple play plan for $119.99, which included a digital VCR at no additional cost. Now that the 1yr contract is up the Service fee increased to $134.99 and now there is a $15.95 monthly fee for the VCR.  So I went from a $120 monthly bill to a $150.94 bill before they add XFINITY this and that. Who knows what the XFINITY $15.95 charge is and the Voice Service $7.99. When I called I got someone with a foreign accent that I could not understand.

THERE ARE MUCH BETTER DEALS OUT THERE FOR NEW CUSTOMERS THAN THERE ARE FOR 20 YEAR CUSTOMERS.

COMCAST YOU WILL NOT STAY IN BUSINESS THIS WAY!!!

New Visitor
MoycullenGal1

I agree totally.  I also have had Comcast since it was COMCAST.  Have had the Reading cable since 1972 approx)--then Lebanon cable.  I also have the triple play!  It's more like triple PAY!  I am seriously thinking of trying Verizon (3 services)  Comcast just keeps hiking the prices--there is no end, and I just can't afford it anymore, like many, many more people with or without limited income.

Visitor

I agree totally.  I also have had Comcast since it was COMCAST. And I am now faced with same dilemma in that my contract is up on 12/20/11. No reply from customer service to date whereby I am asking how much HIGHER will by new bill be..it is frustrating and YES, there are better deals out there. So COMCAST, try a little harder to work with your loyal paying customers or you will lose business soon.. The economy is not like it was ten years ago..respectfully submitted.

Regular Contributor
mrobles38

RATE HIKE AGAIN

I dropped my phone line after trying for almost a year.  Comcast said it wasn't possible, it would change my plan and I would end up paying more with the phone line.  So I have kept the triple play even thought I don't use a home phone line.

Finally I went to a Comcast center and was told I CAN drop my phone line without a problem.  I would then have the double play bundle. I was told it was 69.99 a month for 12 months, plus a free DVR for 24 months, as of the date the order for the double play was processed, it even says that on my bill "Free X 24 HD DVR".  

I was told that since I was changing from a triple play plan to a double play plan, I would get all new equipment.  I picked up the 2 new remotes and was told that I didn't need to bring back my existing DVR unless I wanted a new one.  My account would be reset and it would appear that my account was new now as a double play bundle. 

The following bill, I was then charged for shipping as if you shipped 2 new remotes to me.  I PICKED THEM UP WHEN I CHANGE FROM TRIPLE PLAY TO DOUBLE PLAY.  When I called about that, rather than taken the charges off, you shipped 2 more remotes to me. 

I had to disconnect the equipment in my home, reset the remotes, the 2 secondary remotes that STILL don't work, and reset the DVR, by calling a number and a single was sent to my DVR for the set up. 

The Billing Date 2/1/2011 showed my new rate at 69.99 plus the free DVR.  That only lasted until the billing date of 6/1/2011.  That was only 4 months

Then my bill, Billing Date 7/1/2011 has a new rate of 79.99 plus the free DVR.  I called again and was told the 69.99 rate was a 6 month promotion.  I explained that I wasn't charged 69.99 for 6 months, it had only been 4, however I was told the promotion was for 12 months.  She told me was that Comcast didn't have 12 month promotions and that I must have misunderstood, is there anything else I can do for you?  She was obviously finished talking about this. 

The bill I received in October was prorated and the November bill showed an additional 15.95 for the DVR I was told I was getting FREE for 24 months

I called AGAIN.  The comcast person said she was sorry I was given wrong information.  I was not eligible for a free DVR for 24 months.  I was VERY ANGRY.  To make matters worse, she asked if I wanted her to schedule a pick with UPS for the 2 remotes they shipped me and that I would be charged for the return shipping, and if they didn't have them back I would also be billed for having the additional remotes.  

I explained to her that I had already returned them to the comcast place, and gave her the information off the receipt I got for returning them.   

I still can't find anywhere on your website or in your stores that you have a promotion that lasts 4 months, then it changes after 2 more months.   And now I see that in January the rates are going up again

The note says "Effective January 1, 2012, the monthly price for your DOUBLE PLAY BUNDLE package will increase from $104.90 to $111.90."

First of all I don't pay $104.90 for the Double Play Bundle, and I am NOT going to pay $111.90 for starter cable and internet, the new rate for the Double Play Bundle.  That's ridiculous.  So Comcast doesn't have to adhere to their promotions and can change their rates when they want?  That's WRONG!

Administrator
ComcastLarry

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Visitor

no reply since...

Visitor

Maybee its time to start a new movement "Occupy the Back Yard". Back in the day, we had 3 chanels. Do we really need 100? Its time we unplug the TVs and spend the day outside!
Visitor

[ Edited ]

I feel comcast has us by the you know what, we have no competition in our area so they can charge us what ever they want,  It is getting out of hand I started way back when paying 59.99 and now I am paying 187.00 for triple play for channels that don't even have anything on them,

I tried to lower my plan the other day and took off starz and 80 channels and my plan went down 5.00, I can save another 9.95 if I get rid of my DVR,  

Well comcast its like this I can use my cell phone and get rid of the phone

My family can get netflix for 8.00 a month and watch a movie once in awhile

I can use the internet at work and my kids can use it at school

and I will save 187.00 a month for food and heat in the winter,   cable is a luxury I can't afford and I work two good jobs to make ends meet I don't know how other people can afford this

Contributor
Kenneth_Morris

[ Edited ]

Hmm..  attempted to contact several times??  Please tell me what avenues you 'attempted' ??

1) PM from this forum

2) Email to my Comcast Account

3) Snail mail to my Residence

4) Telephonically to my Residence

5) Email to my Personal Email on record

Please,  tell me where you attempted to contact me....

Oh,  and before others say I didn't post that info in this thread.  Realize that as an ADMIN, he has more than enough access to any or all of the above listed avenues of communication.

On with my rant>>>>

PM you some info,  Sure,  but why didn't YOU try to PM me with some info first??  could that have been one avenue to 'attempt' to contact me?

OK,, FYI,  I sent you a PM back on 13 DEC approx 4:15 EST... Hmm...  it's been 3 days, no Reply, no phone call to the number listed, no local visit to my residence.  no reply on my post...

Have I mentioned that I am real tired of Comcast's excuse of Customer Support??

Contributor
Kenneth_Morris

Repost from Above, as I have now waited an entire week for you to reply to my in a fashion that will adress my initial issue...

Hmm..  attempted to contact several times??  Please tell me what avenues you 'attempted' ??

1) PM from this forum

2) Email to my Comcast Account

3) Snail mail to my Residence

4) Telephonically to my Residence

5) Email to my Personal Email on record

Please,  tell me where you attempted to contact me....

Oh,  and before others say I didn't post that info in this thread.  Realize that as an ADMIN, he has more than enough access to any or all of the above listed avenues of communication.

On with my rant>>>>

PM you some info,  Sure,  but why didn't YOU try to PM me with some info first??  could that have been one avenue to 'attempt' to contact me?

OK,, FYI,  I sent you a PM back on 13 DEC approx 4:15 EST... Hmm...  it's been 3 days, no Reply, no phone call to the number listed, no local visit to my residence.  no reply on my post...

Have I mentioned that I am real tired of Comcast's excuse of Customer Support??

~~~

Let me see, All this time wasted waiting for someone with some sort of intelligence to contact me, $$

All the money Spent on overpriced illegal services $$

and the total frustration of having no one to tell that gives a hoot $$$

Seems I'd quit Comcast if it weren't a monopoly and the only way my TiVo's will work..

Can I choose my "Cable Provider" ??

Pikachu..  I choose YOU!!

New Visitor
ManotherM

I received my Comcast Triple Play bill today it went up 32.00!  Needless to say right after the holidays I'm checking into U-verse once again or even Dish..... this is outrageous! 

I will not pay this, if they won't work with me to lower it, then I'm canceling my service! 

It is just not worth that amount of money.

Visitor

This forum is not serving anyone any purpose in that it does not offer any solutions to our concerns. It is more a VENTING forum. So, each of us just needs to review our current TV service and determine if it is time to look at other options. Thanks for listening COMCAST.

Contributor
thekid1959

:smileygrin:I agree it seems as though everyone is getting a pay increase; EXCEPT US! However, When I checked with the competation....they were almost twice what I am paying for three services; phone, cable-basic,and internet. The "other guys" just had a 3.75 increase, on just the PHONE!!! This is why the incease with COMCAST, is not great; but, at least the bill has not doubled...So, Thank You:smileycool: comcast/xfinity for at least trying to improve your services,and keep some of your customers satisified!:smileysilly:

New Visitor
cghou

Re: RATE HIKE AGAIN

i have similar experience...have been with them for 10+ years...they never honor their rates....the last time I was "guaranteed" a rate for 6 months was 2 months ago....then 2 months later they jacked up my rates.

Called customer service, said they'd resesarch but NEVER called back.

The cable companies including Time Warner are all theives and they steal our hard earned money without any business ethics or conscience. We need to write to Congress to ask them to conduct a review of their biz practices. It will be also appropriate to ask a big law firm and the State Attorney Generals to sue them for DECEPTIVE TRADE PRACTICES which carry huge penalties. These cable thugs need to be taught a proper lesson.

New Visitor
melody23402

They haven't called us back either.  I didn't subscribe to HBO they just added it to my bill.  I do not want it, I do not watch it.  Get it off of my bill.  Seriously what is going on?  I have a 2 year contract, who gets a contract for 2 years only to have the service go up after 1 year.  And their customer service department is a joke.  When you have to ask someone what they are saying 3 or 4 times it's rediculous.  And still no call back.  I'm so tired of all these companies taking advantage like this.  I think I will go back to Verizon...

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

melody23402

Send an email to this address

we_can_help@comcast.com

They can get the right local people on this.

The HBO was probably the free for 3 months deal that they forget to tell a person directly is not automatically removed from your service but continues at the normal charge.

And Comcast hardly ever calls back.

I can't remove the HBO for you since the forums are mainly a customer to customer help forum. Comcast employees are listed in RED usernames and there is limited monitoring of the forums by employees

Contributor
Kenneth_Morris

Time to catch you all up that have been following this runaround our Cable provider has given me..

I sent PM's to this guy in the thread all my info,  you think I've heard back on any channel?  phone, email, PM, post in this thread, Snail mail, personal home visit, ANYTHING??

Nopes, not a one..

Now,  this past weekend, one of my CableCards starts dropping channels, things I know should work,  like MTV, Style, MSNBC, Encore...  On Top of this erroneous billing fiasco...

I'm tired of the hassle, runaround, glad handing.... I resort to my final plea before I again threaten litigation and Email a mid level manager in my local office for assistance.

Under 60 minutes elapse and I have an Email reply from a local technician trying to fix my CableCard and requesting verification of completion.  Well,  it's not fixed,  but WOOT WOOT..  60 minutes and something is getting worked on?? 

I get a call in the morning from a National Tech that wants to help fix the problem since the local tech can't seem to fix it.  I give her the data from an Email I sent to the Local Tech in reply that  it wasn't fixed, here's the card number, data number .blah blah..  20 minutes later, all 4 Tivos have their full Lineup available,  including the previously missing Encore suite of channels.  THANKS MICHELLE ! ! ! !

Now to wait on someone telling me that they were overbilling me and are giving me a nice fat refund to help pay for Xmas...

New Visitor
amgems

cghou - good luck with that. Our congressional bribe-takers (at least mine, Pete Olson) likely receive big bucks from Comcast or whatever association they belong to, wrapped up as "free speech" "campaign contributions". They are, however, bribes.

And the Texas AG? What a self-serving joke he is. The only consumer group he *ever* tries to help is women who are owed child-support payments, but even that is not because he's trying to do the right thing, but because his office can profit from fines and fees, and then he gets to use the issue as PR in his little plans for rolling into the governor's office if Perry ever decides to vacate.

The only answer here is to check into the competition, such as it is, and see who has better service/prices. Don't forget to consider alternatives such as Xbox 360 live, which is starting to add TV programs.

Frequent Visitor

Anyone who would like to join me in an effort to bust this out of control monopoly by contacting their out of control representatives in D.C. Please be consistent with emails, phone calls, and/ or letters, that can be found easily on the web using your zip code. Remember however that the people that we voted to represent us in such matters are likely receiving all available cable services absolutely free, and may not be willing to sacrifice that gift. So, it is important that as many voices as we can muster as often as we can will make our squeaky wheel get the attention so badly needed, cable cost control, quality control, customer service with dignity and the product and service we pay for. And the right to know when we will be asked to pay more ,for what, how much,and when,and yes the option to receive the same service from another provider if we chose. Continue to seek the best deal for your hard earned dollar. Comcast may not be it but it is the only cable service available to me. I think that is a monopoly. I think that is against the regulations set forth by the Federal Trade Commision of The United States of America. I wonder why this can continue ?
New Visitor
dmurf540

WHEN AGOVERMENT GIVES EXCLUSIVITY TO A COMPANY FOR SERVICE THE CUSTOMERS ARE GENERALLY SCREWED

Visitor

Comcast invented a new fee for 2012.

"HD Technology Fee":  $9.95 / month

There are going to lose lots of customers.

Short CMCSK and go Long VZ.

Just wait until Jim Cramer finds out.  :smileywink:

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

tonyunplugged

Not a new fee. That has been charged in my area since they added HD service to the system.

Then add that fee, which is charged once on the account, and you pay rental on extra HD boxes.

Boxes are revenue makers for the cable companies.

Regular Contributor
mrobles38

I noticed the changes in only in rates, I was paying $79.99 for the double play, now it's $111.99, and now I am getting charged for a DVR, however its broken down into 2 different line items, HD DVR Service $7.00 and HD Technology Fee $9.95, in total a DVR is now $16.95 a month

I did note that there would be some changes in the 12/1 bill explaining the increases in the base ratesThe only way to change the DVR charges is to not have a DVR

I wonder if someone sells something that you can use as a DVRI returned my modem so that I wouldn't be changed monthly by comcast and purchased a modem that does everythingSo I saved a little there.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

mrobles

Tivo or Moxi boxes can provide DVR service. Would need a cable card from Comcast to receive channels but the first card in a device is supposed to be free and some markets give a discount for customer owned device.

Search the Equipment forums for more threads on Tivos.

New Visitor
Cjp19

An unannounced $20, $10 per month, increase since dec is what I get for my years of business The banks tried some Rediculous credit card fee, lost a ton of business and changed the policy. If enough people are angry and cancel, then policies change. See you Comcast hello Dish. By the way, in case you are listening Comcast, a letter or e-mail explaining the increase would have gone a long way. It is not the money it is courtesy. I wouldn't t increase fees by 40+% for my customers without an explanation because I appreciate the business. When did business become so ugly and impersonal? Www.dishnetwork.com
New Visitor

Bundle service should mean just that! What the heck is up with all the "Additional" services associated w/that. I am so sick of all the rate hikes from Comcast. They have no regard for their long standing loyal customers at all!

New Visitor
dwf12

Dish sounds good right now

New Visitor
dwf12

Got to be a better way

New Visitor

Direct TV here I come!

New Visitor

I have the triple play and my bill was $153 a month. today I recieved my bill and it is $184!!!

That is a 20% increase!! 

I can't do this anymore. I will have to drop my plan to the lowest tier or

better yet, I am going to give dish network a call.  

Contributor

I agree this is getting ridiculos with these rate hikes.  It is coming down to cable or food or gas.  I am starting to shop now.  I am tired of cable having no competition and cable raising their rates every month.

New Visitor
dwf12

wow I would freak out too!

Contributor

I agree!  I tried to down grade my service with them and they wouldn't let me.  Been with them for as long as they have been in my area probably around 15 to 17 years....enough is enough...Direct TV or Dish here I come/

Regular Contributor

Switching to another cable and internet provider will definitely send a message to Comcast that the rate hikes are not cool.

I'm switching my service to Verizon FIOs.

Contributor

Unfortuantely there is not another cable provider in our area they are it. 

New Visitor
mdb999

another rate hike today? I think its about time to write your congressmen and get the cable companies regulated.  I have been a loyal customer for years and with no benefit. they give better deals to new customers!! My in-laws are visiting from china so i called to see if i could get the asian channel

package and they told me they could not help me. The only reason i have stayed this long is because they

have high speed internet. Looks like i will get rid of the cable at a minimum and if they give me to much trouble i will just switch companies. I hope the amount of money they plan to make will make up for all the business they will LOSE. But i am assuming they care??? they oviously dont.

Regular Contributor
mrobles38

What rate hike are you speaking of?  Could you please share some example so that we (other customers) know what to look for?  Thanks

I noticed that they reorganized the bill and broke certain things up, but so far for me, cross your fingers, I haven't seen another hike since my December/January bill.

Thanks!

Contributor

It was mailed to us in our bill.  All of the bundle packages are going up as well as ala carte services. You can also pick up a brouchere of their increases at their offices. 

Email Expert
CCCarole

Maybe this will help too, maybe not.  If you check your bill online under Account & Billing) and click on your billing details:  Scroll down and you might see "News from Comcast" which contains information about price changes.  Keep scrolling down and you might see a new Price list as well.

I just checked my latest bill (not due yet) and the December billing details and found both in my December billing details.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
gcab

I don't get it -- they regularly increase their costs but I don't see any direct benefit.  I have the Digital Preferred plan and my current bill went up by $4.00/month. 

And, I must get about 3 advertisement flyers PER WEEK -- most of them are duplicates.  One has to wonder why they don't stop with this incessant paperwork.

Been with them also for over 20 years and this is the last straw.  Not a fan of AT&T, but unfortunately, they will be getting my business.

Regular Contributor
mrobles38

In my December bill, I had a double play plan which was $79.99 a month for Digital Starter with On Demand and Performance High Speed Internet.  When I switched to this plan, I was told I was changing my contract and that this would be for 1 year, plus the DVR would be free for 1 year.

3 months later, I got the bill explaining that the promotion I was offered ($79.99) was no longer available neither was the free DVR.  My cost of as January 1 was now the double play, $111.90 and the charge for the DVR was $16.95. 

So I went from paying before tax, $79.99 to $134.05. 

My concern is that if I tried to change the 1 year contract, I would be penalized, yet they can totally eliminate the promotion and contract I signed up for and I don't have a choice.  NICE!  I have since cut back more on the TV options, so I can only see all channels in the main room, the bedrooms can only see 2 thru 2 thru 30. 

Regular Contributor
mrobles38

And by the way, there is no benefit to the cost increase.  Comcast didn't do anything to better their service, it was a cost increase to support their bottom line.  It had nothing to do with benefiting the customer.  That is exactly what I was told by the comcast rep when I called about my new bill.  It was the cost of doing business. 

New Visitor
nothappyx3

I AGREE TOTALLY! WE SWITCHED BC WE WERE TOLD AS NEWQ CUSTOMERs OUR BILL WOULD BE 23) SOMEthing it is over 300$! Not what Rep told us! I HATE At&t, bc of service interruption, but we hacve had more than our fair share of that since we received their service! We were told we had 30 days to back out we will see! Their office is close by & if something doesn't change w/in the following wk. WE WILL take back equipment!

New Visitor
cferrell

[ Edited ]

I found out that my promotional rate is ending on the 18th of this month. I called to see what else they had available and was told that my rate was going up $40. After several phone calls and endless emails with "customer service" I still have not gotten any resolution. This has been the worst cable service I have ever had. I have had more outages in the area and technical difficulties with the boxes than I did with DirectTV. That's not to mention the horrible customer service. The customer guarantee is a joke too. I think I will go to AT&T since I will be getting a lot more for the same price as I will be paying after the 18th.

Spoiler

Email Expert
CCCarole

nothappyx3 wrote:

I AGREE TOTALLY! WE SWITCHED BC WE WERE TOLD AS NEWQ CUSTOMERs OUR BILL WOULD BE 23) SOMEthing it is over 300$! Not what Rep told us! I HATE At&t, bc of service interruption, but we hacve had more than our fair share of that since we received their service! We were told we had 30 days to back out we will see! Their office is close by & if something doesn't change w/in the following wk. WE WILL take back equipment!

If you do choose to discontinue service with Comcast and take back all comcast equipment do make sure that you get a detailed receipt for all equipment returned.  Keep that receipt in a safe place.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.