Contributor

Re: Bill increase "ADDITIONAL XFINITY VOICE SERVICES"

YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN DOING TO ME! I CALLED BECAUSE BEING LIKE MOST  CABLE CUSTOMERS I FINALLY NOTICED THAT I WAS PAYING FAR TOO MUCH THAN WHAT MY BUNDLE PACKAGE CHARGED

ALL DIFFERENT AMOUNTS EVERY MONTH, GOING BACK OVER A YEAR!

SO I SPOKE TO A VERY NICE "SUPERVISOR" (i WROTE HER NAME, DATE, TIME OF CALL, AND REMARKS DOWN) AND SHE GAVE ME A CREDIT BECAUSE THEY WERE CHARGING ME FOR "DIRECTORY ASSISTANCE"...SO I ASKED HER THE RATE FOR THIS "411" OR DIRECTORY ASSISTANCE CHARGE...SHE SAID "WELL IT'S A 3RD PARTY CHARGE, BUT IT IS CURRENTLY 5 CENTS PER MINUTE.

i SAID TO THE LADY "SO YOU THINK IT IS A SANE THING TO ASSUME I SPENT OVER 100 HOURS THIS PAST 30 DAYS TALKING TO THE INFORMATION PEOPLE?

SHE AGREED THAT WAS RIDICULOUS, AND THEN WENT TO "LOOK UP THE RATE" TO SEE IF IT HAS CHANGED.

SHE TOLD ME THAT THIS THIRD PARTY DOES NOT HAVE TO NOTIFY COMCAST, NOR IT'S CUSTOMERS IF THE RATE CHANGES.

SHE THEN CAME BACK AND TOLD ME THAT RATE FOR 411 DIRECTORY ASSISTANCE CHARGES WAS NOT $1.99 PER CALL, AND SOME RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF CENTS PER MINUTE AFTER THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

i SAID YOU DID NOT EVEN KNOW THE RATE, SO HOW W AS i SUPPOSED TO KNOW? IF SOMEONE IS ON THE LINE RIGHT NOW WITH YOUR PEOPLE, SIGNING UP FOR A PACKAGE, YOUR OWN PEOPLE ARE TELLING THE NEW CUSTOMERS THAT FOR DIRECTORY ASSISTANCE, YOU ARE CHARGED 5 CENTS PER MINUTE-

HOW IS THAT FAIR OR LEGAL?

SHE AGREED, AND GAVE ME A $74 CREDIT.

OF COURSE, THAT DID NOT COME UP ON MY BILL THIS MONTH, AND WAS NOT APPLIED, EVEN THOUGH I CAN READ IT ON MY "BILL DETAIls" online.

So now I have to CALL COMCAST AGAIN and waste another hour of my life on the phone, trying to simply get what is fair.

HOW is this "third party" getting away with these astronomical fees? To go from 5 cents per minute up to 2 BUCKS PER CALL in one month is ridiculous! People are NOT notified- and there is not indication when you call 411 that any rates have changed!!!!

The supervisor told me ALL of this is legal.

WHO do I write to, and how do I get ALL of my credits, because I went BACK and looked at my bill under "ADDITIONAL XFINITY VOICE SERVICES" and lo and behold, every single month I have been getting yanked for ALL different and weird amounts...$22.94, $11.41. etc!!

Dpes anyone ELSE have this problem???? ANY FEEDBACK is SO APPRECIATED!!!!

I do love Comcast, and have used them for a long while- but I am getting so irritated by these sleezy billing practices (problably on behalf of the "third party" which I assume is "XFINITY")

I am keeping notes, and getting angry as I go...I do NOT want this type of nonsense messing with my joy!!!

I simply want what is FAIR!!!!

Ashley Tenczar

Contributor

please help my bill be FAIR~~ "ADDITIONAL XFINITY VOICE SERVICES"

I am a FAITHFUL Comcast customer, and after many years of fair and clear billing, I have to say that I am shocked and appalled at this recent string of bills.

I never even check my Comcast bill anymore, because it was always correct down to the last detail!

But lately, we have been "behind" in our bill because it has been going up, up, and away every single montth .

Under "additional XFINITY VOICE SERVICES" I am getting $7.8.9.12.14. and even $25 a month- I have a hard line phone, and I don't do anything but call and answer on it, and I can call anywhere in the USA for free.

So that is how I KNEW something was wrong!

The woman I spoke to, the supervisor (after being told by the original cust service rep that these charges were all related to "directory assitance" that I had N?Ot used, as I can use it on my cell phone, which is the phone I use 99% of the time!

I finally got an answer, after about ten minutes of the woman "checking the third party rates".

She said that the rate for directory assistance is "5 cents per minute".

I said "5 cents- no "connection fee"?

She said "no."

I said "so you think it is reasonable that I spent $25 last month on directory assitance? That would mean that I was on the phone with the 411 "what city please?" people for .....500 minutes, or 10 HOURS worth of directory assistance
?

The woman said "I don't know maa'm, that is the rate.

She , thankfully, sent me to a very NICe supervisor, who again looked at the bill, and who finally agreed that this is ridiculous.

I told her there was ONE time I called 411 in the past month, for a location for some auto parts I needed.

TEN HOURS? NO.

She did some work on her end, and then discovered, lo and behold, that this "third party" had INCREASED their Directory Assistance rate to $1.99 per CALL, and I think 50 cents to connect call without dialing the number (LAZY)

I said "they did not notify you?" she said "they don't have to. unfortunately".

I said "and this is LEGAL? To take your price from 5 cents to 2 bucks overnight and not even tell the PROVIDER that you did it?

That means that right now, there are people signing up for COMCAST services, and being told "directory assitance is 5 cents per minute..."

THAT is legal also?

I went back and looked at ALL my bills, and I have been getting charged all different amounts for over a year now.

I WAS credited with over $70 worth of "alleged directory assistante" but what I want to know is why would Comcast do BUSINESS with such a third party???

Why was COMCAST not notified of this incredibly important, and costy change?

How can I get the credits I now deserve, and why did my actual bill this month not relect the credit?

HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE??? CHECK YOUR BILL, please let me know- I want to get to the bottom of this, because I believe in FAIR...I am absolutely willing to pay what is FAIR and JUST.

Thank you,

Ashley Tenczar

Contributor

Re: POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE...BILLING

PLEASE let me know how this works out, because I am having the SAME problem also! (READ BELOW) =-

YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN DOING TO ME! I CALLED BECAUSE BEING LIKE MOST CARELESS  CABLE CUSTOMERS I FINALLY NOTICED THAT I WAS PAYING FAR TOO MUCH THAN WHAT MY BUNDLE PACKAGE CHARGED

ALL DIFFERENT AMOUNTS EVERY MONTH, GOING BACK OVER A YEAR!

SO I SPOKE TO A VERY NICE "SUPERVISOR" (i WROTE HER NAME, DATE, TIME OF CALL, AND REMARKS DOWN) AND SHE GAVE ME A CREDIT BECAUSE THEY WERE CHARGING ME FOR "DIRECTORY ASSISTANCE"...SO I ASKED HER THE RATE FOR THIS "411" OR DIRECTORY ASSISTANCE CHARGE...SHE SAID "WELL IT'S A 3RD PARTY CHARGE, BUT IT IS CURRENTLY 5 CENTS PER MINUTE.

i SAID TO THE LADY "SO YOU THINK IT IS A SANE THING TO ASSUME I SPENT OVER 100 HOURS THIS PAST 30 DAYS TALKING TO THE INFORMATION PEOPLE?

SHE AGREED THAT WAS RIDICULOUS, AND THEN WENT TO "LOOK UP THE RATE" TO SEE IF IT HAS CHANGED.

SHE TOLD ME THAT THIS THIRD PARTY DOES NOT HAVE TO NOTIFY COMCAST, NOR IT'S CUSTOMERS IF THE RATE CHANGES.

SHE THEN CAME BACK AND TOLD ME THAT RATE FOR 411 DIRECTORY ASSISTANCE CHARGES WAS NOT $1.99 PER CALL, AND SOME RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF CENTS PER MINUTE AFTER THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

i SAID YOU DID NOT EVEN KNOW THE RATE, SO HOW W AS i SUPPOSED TO KNOW? IF SOMEONE IS ON THE LINE RIGHT NOW WITH YOUR PEOPLE, SIGNING UP FOR A PACKAGE, YOUR OWN PEOPLE ARE TELLING THE NEW CUSTOMERS THAT FOR DIRECTORY ASSISTANCE, YOU ARE CHARGED 5 CENTS PER MINUTE-

HOW IS THAT FAIR OR LEGAL?

SHE AGREED, AND GAVE ME A $74 CREDIT.

OF COURSE, THAT DID NOT COME UP ON MY BILL THIS MONTH, AND WAS NOT APPLIED, EVEN THOUGH I CAN READ IT ON MY "BILL DETAIls" online.

So now I have to CALL COMCAST AGAIN and waste another hour of my life on the phone, trying to simply get what is fair.

HOW is this "third party" getting away with these astronomical fees? To go from 5 cents per minute up to 2 BUCKS PER CALL in one month is ridiculous! People are NOT notified- and there is not indication when you call 411 that any rates have changed!!!!

The supervisor told me ALL of this is legal.

WHO do I write to, and how do I get ALL of my credits, because I went BACK and looked at my bill under "ADDITIONAL XFINITY VOICE SERVICES" and lo and behold, every single month I have been getting yanked for ALL different and weird amounts...$22.94, $11.41. etc!!

Dpes anyone ELSE have this problem???? ANY FEEDBACK is SO APPRECIATED!!!!

I do love Comcast, and have used them for a long while- but I am getting so irritated by these sleezy billing practices (problably on behalf of the "third party" which I assume is "XFINITY")

I am keeping notes, and getting angry as I go...I do NOT want this type of nonsense messing with my joy!!!

I simply want what is FAIR!!!!

Recognized Contributor
nhdude79

Hopefully this helps 

Directory assisted calls are a third party that bills these for everytime you use Directory assistance.  The going rate for directory assistance varies by market but it is typically $1.99 per call and if you have them complete the call for you after getting the number it is $2.49, these are industry standard charges and i am not sure how and why that rep told you that odd amt.

If you are getting strange amts on the additonal voice services in the directory assitance catagory or anything else, call customer service, they can tell you the time date and phone number called.  You can also find this on your comcast.com account.

Silver Problem Solver
BruceW

nhdude79 wrote: ... these are industry standard charges and i am not sure how and why that rep told you that odd amt. ...

It's probably related to confusing information like this from http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/phone/voice-directory-assistance/ :

Directory Assistance Charges

Directory assistance calls are charged on a per-use basis. You’ll receive charges when:

• The call is long distance. You’ll be charged the standard rate of $.05 per minute ...