New Visitor
CHRISTINE1989

Requested service to be shut off

I called Comcast on 03/07/2012 and requested my service be shut off because i was no longer going to use cable and i had Direct tv connected the same day . I was informed my the rep. that i would get my depoist back in about 1 week ,Well today i got a bill for service dated 03/17/2012 thru 04/16/2012  but yet i requested my service to be shut off  03/07/2012 . I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY COMCAST DOES CUSTOMERS THIS WAY.I will not pay for something i didnt want or order .

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Requested service to be shut off

CHRISTINE1989 wrote:

I called Comcast on 03/07/2012 and requested my service be shut off because i was no longer going to use cable and i had Direct tv connected the same day . I was informed my the rep. that i would get my depoist back in about 1 week ,Well today i got a bill for service dated 03/17/2012 thru 04/16/2012  but yet i requested my service to be shut off  03/07/2012 . I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY COMCAST DOES CUSTOMERS THIS WAY.I will not pay for something i didnt want or order .

Have you called 1-800 comcast yet and spoken to them about this?  The Help Forums are monitored primarily by other Users like yourself.  We are strictly volunteers and do not have access to your Account at all.  Comcast employees will always have their Usernames in red text.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Contributor

Re: Requested service to be shut off

Been awhile on this but I hope you got your deposit back. Comcast DOES NOT want to give anything back trust me, they will try every which way to avoid it.  You probably also got a rep that did not enter the order to turn it off (might go against their sales or something so they avoid doing it properly) AND (and this is my big peeve with them especially since the online billing/pmts is suspect-i have gotten spam from it so someone outside has access to the info and i feel it is not secure - but thats another forum) they bill in advance - so you pay for your service before you actually receive it - one month worth to be exact.  I hate it that way and refuse to pay my bill till I have gotten my services for that period so yes it makes my record be late in their eyes, but in my eyes I don't get any credits for when their service is messing up or outages affect me or their equipment is old and has failed (recently) so I continue to pay it this way every month they get paid but I do it this way.  keep on them - they owe u your deposit back and a credit for that bill and from those dates seems also a prorated amount back to you for the period of the 7th to the 17th (10 days) if you had already paid it since it was billed in advance.