New Visitor

Secure Backup & Share/ Comcast Vault

Has anyone had problems canceling service with Secure Backup & Share?  I canceled my service after one year at an annual fee of $49.99 after receiving an e-mail that they were about to renew my service.  Even though I canceled the service on the renewal date I have been billed for the upcoming year.  They have acknowledged that the service has been canceled via e-mail but still billed my credit card $49.99. 

The odd thing about secure Backup & Share is when you call comcast customer service they have no idea what you're talking about.  By the way, it's not billed on your regular Comcast account.  When I signed up  originally,I thought it was a service Comcast was offering because it was shown on the Comcast website.  Any help!

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Secure Backup & Share/ Comcast Vault

I have notified the Administrator of your post.  Please watch this reply from him as he will probably need more information from you that cannot be posted in the forum.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

[ Edited ]

The following link is part of the Help we have linked in the General  Security FAQ's on the Securioty Board.

http://support.comcastvault.net/docs/en-user-pro-win/guide/Comcast/tasks/Acct_mgmt_cancel_plan_steps...

Check this out and see if it helps any.  FYI, Mozy is the company that handles this program for Comcast.

Also perhaps I should add, I am not the Admin CCCarole was talking about helping you.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

New Visitor
debinc

I have had no end of problems with this stupid thing.  Took over three weeks to even get a competent answer, when the registration was incomplete, but finally today got help (19th person asked, at Comcast).  Only to find out, that a) the stupid software won't allow the user to just upload files to the vault ad hoc, and 2) that the user name and password used to create the account, is not recognized online, but only through the software.

So now I'll probably have to contact 19 more people to get the account deleted.  If you call Norton to try and get help, they tell you to call Comcast.  If you call Comcast, they don't know anything and tell you to call Norton.

New Visitor
mouserdaisey

I am having similiar problems.  I really feel the need to say something about this company and service.  I am so mad.   I can't log in to my account any longer for some reason, the service is not backing up my files, but I am still paying for it.  I have tried to contact their customer service numerous times via email which is the only option that they give you, and I get no response back.  Comcast was no help whatsoever, they didn't even know what the service was when I called them.  I feel as though I am being ripped off and at this time I want nothing more, but to cancel my account and take my business to a more reputable company that has actual customer service. 

New Visitor
Mountainmami

I am sick about this service. I lost more than 1000 photos and documents. I was never able to talk to any one who knew anything about this program. However, I was able to cancel my subscription online months ago. I just want to recover my lost files. There's no customer service support. I spent days on the phone and never got anywhere. I left messages and never had calls returned. I was ripped off. Comcast has always been a reputable company. I have no problems with their phone, cable, and internet service. The Secure Backup and Share is a nightmare. I would like to know how to get a reply from them regarding this mess.

New Visitor
debinc

It's now September 2012 and I never was able to get it resolved, so I just stopped caring.  This and that horrible cisco RNG100 box which is always buggy are horrible 'features'.  But the people working at Comcast do their best.  I fear they just don't get much time or training.  But they work very hard.  So out of deference to them, I'm giving up on trying to get this matter resolved.  I have the same thing at Amazon without hassle, anyway.

New Visitor

I am having problems trying to talk with someone at Comcast who even knows that Backup & Share even exists. I have been disconnected from the Comcast Tech support line three times today. I also received and email stating the they could not process my credit card to pay the annual fee. In this day and age it is difficult to know if someone is scamming me. Have any of you tried to contact Mazy.com to get help? I am at wits end.

Don