New Visitor
rettech07

Senior Citizen rates

How come comcast can't save the 5 million senior citizens that have basic to triple play packages with them more that a few few dollars a month on their bills?

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Senior Citizen rates

Hello,

This depends on what area you are in.

For the information for your area please contact Comcast via phone retention dept. or email http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/contact​us/ContactUs.html

New Visitor
rettech07

What differant does it make what area we live in.  And when you call comcast how do you ask for the retention dept.

Bronze Star Contributor
robob50

So let me get this straight. My local Comcast franchise will base something called “Pharmaceutical Assistance for the Aged and Disabled” program (“PAAD”) On what senior citizen discount rate my 85 year old mother will get for her cable TV? What does a pharmaceutical assistance price range have anything to do with what price range my mother gets? Can't they setup their own price charts for senior citizens? My God they've probably been paying Comcast for the last umpteen years,don't they deserve some sort of break?

Like Rog said "You have to have basically no income to qualify" So that's certainly worth the hassle to find out you don't qualify for the 10% off your cable bill.  

New Visitor
rettech07

Lets face it, comcast doesn't care about the senior citizens. All they care about is their bottom line, which is to make more money for themselfs. And one more thing if they weren't a big company there would be no need for a CEO in comcast, making over 100K.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

rogs example is for New Jersey. Also 4 years old.

Google it yourself and see what may be avaiable. In my area the only thing showing up, undated so not sure if it is active, was for the legacy Comcast headend in St. Paul. My system was an old Time Warner headend picked up in the swap with Comcast but they list no senior citizen program. At least haven't found one yet.

And even then it may not apply to all cities served by that headend. In my headend service area we don't get all the same channels that the metro area does. So even within service areas for headends the services offered are not the same. Nice, isn't it?

New Visitor
lhredhead71

Here is some information I was just given tonight from a chat session with a comcast representative: 

Loyal customers, war veterans,
military personnel, and seniors who
would like to lower their and bill
request for a special package with a low rate
have an exclusive higher support
department who can resolve this for
you. The number to call is
Customer Solutions Department at
1-800-934-6489 during Business hours
 that's from 8:00am to 5:00pm.

I am located in PA so I am not sure if this would be for all states comcast offers service in, but it's worth a shot!  Hope this helps.

Bronze Star Contributor
wchillman

If anybody tries this, please report back and let us know the outcome of your conversations.

New Visitor
SETCOMM

COMCAST NEEDS TO CONSIDER SOME SPECIAL RATES FOR SENIORS AND VETERANS.  MANY SENIORS LIVE ONLY ON THEIR S/S CHECKS.  IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO MAKE THEM STRETCH SOMETIMES.  VETERANS NEED TO RECEIVE SOME ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FOR THEIR SERVICE TO THEIR COUNTRY.

Connection Expert
EG

Two and a half year old topic now being closed.