Visitor
Rambo5
Accepted Solution

Service Protection Plan

Just what is "Service Protection Plan" on my bill?  Just what are you protecting me from?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Service Protection Plan

They're protecting you from themselves :smileyhappy:

http://www.comcast.com/spp/

Visitor
Rambo5

Thanks for the link.  So this is a fee to get service for something you have already paid for.  In their statement that this is a "Hassle Free Service" is a joke.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

I guess what they are saying is normally anything inside the home is not comcasts responsibility, so if anything breakes like a splitter or cable you have to pay for the service call and the material if you don't have the plan.  If you do then its all free.

Visitor
Rambo5

I understand.  I just have a problem with them saying it's 'Hassle Free.'  I have never had a good experience in contacting them for service.

Contributor

This so called "Protection Plan" does not cover wires inside the walls. This bit of info is buried deep in the "Terms and Conditions" page. The webpage they have to discribe and sell the plan says "Hassle-free replacement and repair of defective customer inside wiring.". Misleading and disgusting sales tactic in my opinion.

After repeated service calls every few months for the same problem happening over and over I signed up for this plan when the rep on the phone said I'd incur no charges for any service calls regarding wireing inside my home. A month later I had another service call (Yes for the same issue) and that tech found problems with my  wireing which would entail replacement of the wire from the outside box to my cable connection on the wall. The tech said "Good you have the Protection Plan....there will be no charge to you". Long story short...I DID get charged for the wire replacement....because it was inside the wall and required the wire be "fished" thru the wall.

Also note: Comcast installed the faulty wire originally but I had to pay to have them replace THIER faulty product!

Visitor
Rambo5

Sorry to hear of your bad experience.  "Hassle Free???"