New Visitor
Josh57
Accepted Solution

Tier level of service?

I read somewhere recently about the internet speeds being increased for certain tier levels. How do I find out what tier level I have? My bill has become confusing because I recently "upgraded" to a bundle deal that resulted in a "downgrade" to my internet supposedly. Honestly, I could barely understand the person on the phone and Im confused about everything now. Just want to find out what I have, bill says "SD Preferred+ HSD", Sureprice, Digital Preferred w/On Demand, High Speed Internet Service. Total XFINITY Bundled Services $99.99, somebody please help me understand this "package". 

Official Employee
ComcastNick

Re: Tier level of service?

You have Digital Preferred video service, and Performance Internet service.

Depending on what area you are in, and what sort of equipment you have, Performance download speeds are 8-24Mbps.

If you are in a Docsis 3.0 area with a 3.0 Modem you should be receiving between 16 and 24 Mbps, depending on if the planned network speed upgrade has happened for you yet.

Comcast Nick
APSC Supervisor
New Visitor
Josh57

So, for Performance Internet, AFTER the planned network speed upgrade, I should be getting download speeds of up to 24Mbps. Or is this the speed BEFORE the upgrade? Sorry for my confusion, trying to ascertain if the speed upgrade has/has not taken effect in my area.

Official Employee
ComcastNick

After the speed upgrade, you will get up to 24Mbps.

The speed before the upgrade was 12-16Mbps.

Comcast Nick
APSC Supervisor
New Visitor
jswafford

i did a SPEED TEST on my Internet connection...

i am getting...according to the test....Ping/26/ms  

Download speed/22.38mbps  

Upload speed/5.56 mbps

what tier am i on???

& why did my bill just JUMP to a sky high $44.99?

from 29.95?

Jay Swafford

loyal customer

Springfield,TN