New Visitor
99ProbsAtDay1

To All Transferring Service, Avoid My Pain of False Debt Collection

[ Edited ]

Two months ago, I transferred my service to a new address. When you are calling in, make sure they transfer your address and not cancel your account. In this case, the Comcast Customer Rep cancelled my account and opened up a new one at the new address. They may not have been well trained on how to do this, which will result on suffering on your end as a customer. 

Today, I am using the same equipment, everything works as it should, except for the expected disconnects that Comcast is well known for. BUT, I was notified at my old address that I did not return my equipment, of course, Comcast is right, I did not return my equipment because it is the same. They have sent their claim to a debt collection agency who is now harrassing me, without giving me a call on my provided phone number or email that they require. 

Although, I have called, and a representative ADMITTED that this was a mistake on Comcast. I understand that mistakes happen, and insufficient training often occurs at a company of this proportion, but what ticked me off was the CSR did not apologize, also sent me to call the debt collection myself, and wished me "good luck" at the end. I translated the "good luck" as in you will continue to have problems getting this resolved and waste a significant amount of time on hold, which has been true. I was also asked what the amount I am being collected is and I quote the CSR, "we can't resolve this issue if you do not have the information with you that states the amount being collected". My thought was that if they made the claim, they should have the information that they provided to the debt collection agency. I later referenced the debt collection letter, but they said that they will add my problem to the ticket #, without any suggestions for resolution.

Now I have to deal with the debt collection agency to make sure my perfect credit report that I have spent years working on has not been dinged by this little but quickly escalated mishap. 

I have sent an email and feedback to the Comcast Customer Care team, along with calling it and obtaining a ticket number. So far, nothing has been resolved. My advice, always confirm that the CSR has put in a new address and not cancel and open a new account.

New Visitor

Re: To All Transferring Service, Avoid My Pain of False Debt Collection

I just posted my problem and sounds like my issue is the same in that they probably disconnected my service when I move or transferred and now they treat me like a fresh new customer when i ask for a downgrade before i moved.

Bronze Problem Solver
Jim721

[ Edited ]

Yeah the service reps are nightmare to deal with very under trained try this it may help you get this resolved. Send Comcast Nick a private message via this forum describe your issue and see if he can help you. Dont forget to give him your account number and any other info that is relevant.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/4817715

New Visitor
99ProbsAtDay1

Update 11/5: I have been contacted by a customer experience rep and this issue should be resolved. I can not say that the problem has been solved, since there has been many claims that my problem will be solved in the past, but ends up unsuccessful.

Comcast is well known for their problems with poor inconsistent service and under trained customer reps, according to my opinion, and those I refer to for review both personal and online, even this forum exemplifies my claim. I am confident to say that I have not heard a single positive review. I believe part of the reason for the poor customer experience is that reps do not have the ability to accommodate customer needs without referring to another department with more options for resolution. I've worked in the customer experience industry for many years of my life, and it has always been the focus that we do everything in our power to make sure the customer has a great experience, and will return. I assume that the Comcast reps I've wasted time on hold and spoken to do not have the power to handle my issue, therefore I've been transferred around. Issues such as mine and similiar billing related problems are handled inconsistently from one CSR to another, through different departments, results in poor training leading to testing the patience of customers being on wait for most of their problem inquiries.

My time has been wasted going through this to get the attention of the appropriate Comcast customer experience reps. I've also had to write a letter, wait at the post office, and spend money to have it certified to be sent to the collection agency due to their urgent and rude request, in order to contest the debt claim and make sure they do not take further action to damage my credit reputation.

Although, I appreciate the effort for a better customer experience, I will still jump on the opportunity to go to another competitor. Unfortunately, my location is Comcast only. Hopefully, my current experience with Comcast will change my mind when I relocate in the future and I have several options for entertainment services.