New Visitor
harrisbrad

Trouble getting credit for missed appointment and loss of service

Does anyone have any ideas for getting credit for missed appointment and loss of service? 

I had spotty TV service for about a month this summer (pixelization, some channels not coming up at all) and Comcast never could resolve the issue.  They kept re-sending the signal, un-plug and plug in the box, etc.  I had one appointment scheduled but no one ever showed up.  I was out of town and my wife took off from work to meet the tech.  I called Comcast and the rep said they were going to have someone from dispatch call me.  Never heard a word from them.  I stayed on them and finally, a competent tech came out and tested the signal to my house.  The problem was a bad line.  They came out a couple of weeks later and put in a new line and it works fine now.

The trouble is now I can't seem to get credit for the missed appointment (Service Guarantee/$20) and the time that I had no TV service.  Every time I call customer service, they act like they can't see any information.  I did not keep detailed notes so I don't have any specific dates/times.  Don't they have a system for logging in calls and work orders, etc/

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Trouble getting credit for missed appointment and loss of service

[ Edited ]

harrisbrad wrote:

Does anyone have any ideas for getting credit for missed appointment and loss of service? 

I had spotty TV service for about a month this summer (pixelization, some channels not coming up at all) and Comcast never could resolve the issue.  They kept re-sending the signal, un-plug and plug in the box, etc.  I had one appointment scheduled but no one ever showed up.  I was out of town and my wife took off from work to meet the tech.  I called Comcast and the rep said they were going to have someone from dispatch call me.  Never heard a word from them.  I stayed on them and finally, a competent tech came out and tested the signal to my house.  The problem was a bad line.  They came out a couple of weeks later and put in a new line and it works fine now.

The trouble is now I can't seem to get credit for the missed appointment (Service Guarantee/$20) and the time that I had no TV service.  Every time I call customer service, they act like they can't see any information.  I did not keep detailed notes so I don't have any specific dates/times.  Don't they have a system for logging in calls and work orders, etc/

Hello,

When the tech came out to fix the bad line did he/she must have gave you a copy of the work order that your wife signed that would be good enough.

I would try calling 1-800 comcast billing dept. and see if you can get another rep that might help you out. They should have a record of all the calls that you made and give you the proper credit that you should be given.

If all fails try email we_can_help@cable.comcast.com and explan to them the whole story they might want your basic info like your billing info etc.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

If you email we_can_help

Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).

For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
Account number;
A link to your post

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

reasd, when advising someone to email we_can_help use the following. Create a macro for future use.  

Send an email to

Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).

For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
Account number;
A link to your post.

Or you can ask for help in the Broadband Reports Comcast Direct Forum or via Twitter.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.