05-16-2012 11:02 PM
So I got the HD Complete XF Triple Play because I want all the channels available, as well as the fastest internet service offered and digital voice.
According to the Comcast website, this bundle includes:
On my latest bill, here is what I'm getting charged for:
HD Complete XF Bundle 05/18 - 06/17 - $199.99
Additional XFINITY TV Services
Complete Add'l Outlet Svc 05/18 - 06/17 0.00
HDTV Converter with Remote Control.
HD Technology Fee 05/18 - 06/17 9.95
Digital Additional Outlet 05/18 - 06/17 9.95
SD Set Top Box 05/18 - 06/17 9.95
Additional SD Set Top Box
Sports Tier 05/18 - 06/17 7.00
Total Additional XFINITY TV Services $36.85
Additional XFINITY Voice Services - $9.95
Modem Lease-Voice 05/18 - 06/17 7.00
Non-Published 05/18 - 06/17 4.50
UCC Fee 05/18 - 06/17 1.00
Here are my questions:
1. The first bullet under the Complete XF Triple Play description says that it includes HD service to four rooms. It seems that I need to get new set top boxes from Comcast that support this feature. Will I have to pay extra to rent the three additional set top boxes?
2. Do the anyroom DVR compatible set top boxes only work with HD televisions? (I've got two HD TVs and two SD TVs)
3. If I'm supposed to have up to 4 TVs with HD service, why am I getting charged for an additional digital outlet?
4. Why am I getting charged an HD technology fee? Isn't HD service specifically part of the bundle?
5. Am I supposed to pay extra for the voice modem or is that supposed to be included in the bundle?
6. Why am I still paying for the sports tier separately? Does the sports entertainment package included in the bundle not include the sports tier???
7. I pay for the non-published number (I've paid for this feature for as long as I've been with Comcast...6 years), but my name, phone number, and address still show up in the local phone books. What gives?
If you're still reading, thank you. I know this post is probably longer than usual. Any insight into my questions above would be greatly appreciated. Over the last 6 years I've been with Comcast, I've found that I often get incorrect and conflicting information depending on which customer service representative I end up talking to, which is why I chose to post my questions here.
05-17-2012 10:31 AM
1. That bundle and your description says you get the multiroom dvr, so yes you need new boxes if you want that feature. multiroom dvr will give you one main dvr and up to 3 slave boxes that can control the main box. These are just dummy terminals they cannot record or pause live tv as they have no hard drive like the main dvr box.
2. you can put the boxes on non hd tv's
3. How many cable outlets do you have now?
4. Everyone with hd pays the technology fee.
5. you rent the modem. you are free to buy your own though.
6. you need to call comcast on that one.
7. That must be a mistake on comcast end, I would call them to report it.
©2011 Comcast | Investor Relations | Press Room | Corporate Blog | Privacy Statement | Visitor Agreement | Comcast.com Feedback | Site Map