New Visitor
julsmay

Watch Out for Blast! Internet Svc Charge on your bill! They will NOT credit you!

I just noticed that I am being charged $10 per month for Blast! Internet.  The Comcast website specifically say which modem supports the Blast! service.  I have an older/slower modem which does not support this. I assumed that since I suddenly was being charged for this service that I was getting it.  I just found out that it is not the case and I have been charge $10 per month for this for the past 11 months.  I just called Comcast to ask them to credit me for those several months and the woman on the phone said it was MY fault that I didn't know my modem didn't support the faster speed.  I explained to her that that is Comcast's error...I never asked for this and was suddently charged for it - even though I rent the slower modem from Comcast.  The woman on the phone refused to credit me back. When I explained my reason for wanting the credit she HUNG UP ON ME!  I called back and have now been on hold for 45 minutes with no answer.  I am beyond frustrated and urge anybody who has Comcast to beware.  They might be charging you for something you are not able to receive.  What poor customer service.  They stole over $100 from me and say it's my fault.

Bronze Problem Solver
cjerian

Re: Watch Out for Blast! Internet Svc Charge on your bill! They will NOT credit you!

Anyway you can just go to the customer service center and get your modem replaced with a newer one.

You can also buy a modem (easy if you don't have voice also) from lots of places like amazon , costco and save the modem rental fee which is another $7.95.

Then you would save that fee and get the full value of your blast.

If you buy a modem then you have to return the old rental to the customer service center and get a reciept.

Make sure it is removed from your account.

Contributor
greenbear

Re: Watch Out for Blast! Internet Svc Charge on your bill! They will NOT credit you!

What is Blast! Internet Svc please ?