Recognized Contributor
Accepted Solution

What Is Digital Classic?

[ Edited ]

Alright, I've been reading on how the NBA, NFL, NHL, are moving to Comcast's Digital Classic; however there's nothing listed as Digital Classic. I was wondering what is Digital Classic? I was under the assumption that it's Digital Prefered now, but I've also been told it's Digital Premier.

When I called Comcast to inquire the lady didn't sound sure of herself, when she said it was "the highest level of service"

Can someone straighten this out for me? So I know what I actually have/need to get to have these channels in the future. I currently subscribe to Digital Preferred

Message Edited by MrDubbs on 06-06-2009 03:39 PM
Message Edited by MrDubbs on 06-06-2009 03:46 PM
Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: What Is Digital Classic?

Here is a link to a page where you can try e-mailing your questions.   

LINK  You could also try contacting or visiting your local Comcast office.

Click on Blue box at top of this page marked Customer
Click on Payment Centers in drop down
enter street city and zip
Click Submit
You should see a Map and all the payment centers in your area along with addresses and local telephone numbers.
Credit to JMCS for this information about Payment Centers

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Recognized Contributor

Thanks CCCarole, but aren't the people who answer the email questions the same as the people i'd call? Unfortunilty we don't have a local office, so I guess I'll try and email and hope it works. The call center hasn't been much help with my last couple of questions
Email Expert
CCCarole

Go to:  www.comcast.com  Click on the SHOP icon, then go to the Digital Cable with On Demand tab. 

It will next ask for your address and zipcode.  After which, another window opens with Prices and Packages by name :smileyhappy:  If you click on the Features for each, that should help you.  Note:  Do read carefully, as I see that some pricing is for NEW subscribers.  At least tho, it willgive you a better idea of the differences between each 'package'.  Please post back and let me know if this information helped you at all or not.  CC

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Recognized Contributor

[ Edited ]

CC, I ended up emailing as you suggested, and got a response back very quickly. I'm impressed. Not only did they answer my question but went above and beyond to add more information that was very helpful.

With Digital Prefered, I get the channels, which is great, so no need to up/down grade for me. 

Wish the phone center was this good, thanks CC

Message Edited by MrDubbs on 06-07-2009 03:20 PM
Email Expert
CCCarole

Great!  Glad to hear you received the answers you needed.  Save the link in my first post for future needs.

:smileygrin:CC

New Visitor
KingScott

So does any body know what digital classic is???  I cannot find it on the web site or my documents, but I do get charged $16.95 per month for something that cannot be identified.  It just started showing up on my bill a few months ago.  When I actually have time to try to deal with my ridiculously high comcast bill it is after hours and no one can help on the 1-800 number.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Digital Classic is now Digital Preferred.  In many area's the charge is $16.99 / month more than digital starter when you don't have a bundle that would include it.

New Visitor
prado1924

if digital classic is now  perferred classic how do you find a channel line up for it??i am elderly and don't use the guide on the tv well can"t see it need it on paper to use? Thank You

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

If the online channel lineup on the programming tab under channel lineup is not working for your specific location, then the only other place to pick up one is at your local Comcast office. 

Comcast also sends a current channel lineup in your monthly statement once a year.

Visitor

Perhaps this answer needs to be updated in light of all this "Xfinity" noise- whatever THAT is!!! :smileysad:

I didn't find a "Shop" icon, but I found a "Shop" tab.  All the choices under that tab were Xfinity-this and Xfinity-that and NONE of them even vaguely resembled anything you suggested.

I've been banging into walls for the better part of a half hour and I STILL haven't been able to figure out what that darn "Digital Classic" charge is for! :smileysad: :smileysad:

New Visitor
Rocky1937

I agree with you -- it isn't easy, but I am sure that was well planned -- they don't want you to understand.  They just bill, bill, bill and we pay, pay pay!

I watch only 3 hours of news a day (the only thing I watch) and also have internet connection and am paying $130 a month -- that's like $4 plus $ a day

New Visitor
dmlph

I see what you mean.  I have been trying to find out specifically from Comcast what this charge is (Digital Classic).  It comes to $18/month or $216/year (plus taxes).  The online "grid" and mailed cable lineup makes no mention of Digital Classic.  If we are charged for it, why are they not explaining what it is?  If it is Digital Preferred then that is what it needs to say on the bill.  I am very close to cancelling my entire Comcast internet/digital TV account, which comes to $147.94 per month or $1775.28 per year and turning to my ipad with 4G for my news/information needs. If enough subscribers would vote with their feet this corporation would clean up its act.

Visitor

My mom has Digital Classic. She had to get it when TCM was dropped from the Digital Starter package. I don't know whatelse is in that package.

I think if you go to a TV in your home that is hooked up to a digital adapter and not a cable box and see which channels you used to get there but haven't for a while, that might tell you whatelse is on the Classic package. As far as I can tell, it is only TCM. $18 a month is a whole lot of money if it's just that one channel, but worth it for my mom, because she watches it for hours everyday.

Email Expert
CCCarole