Visitor
mjoyce91

Why is my first bill for double play $140 when I signed up for the $69.99 promotion?

I am a new customer at the house I just moved in to. I ordered the comcast double play for the new customer promotion price of $69.99. I had the self install kit shipped to me for $9.99, and I am leasing the modem for $7.00. My order confirmation said the total charges were about $87. Well my first bill that is showing up in My Account is for almost $140. What's going on? I e-mailed them, and they said to go through web chat, web chat said to call, people on the phone said to talk to web chat. What gives? It has some thing to do with me not getting the promotiion price, as the lady on the phone said the double play was like $113.99 or some thing. Why I am not getting the promotion price? Thanks.

New Visitor
ryanrocks

Re: Why is my first bill for double play $140 when I signed up for the $69.99 promoti

I have the same problem with a promotional price not being honored on my first bill.  I've had it escalated twice via online chat, with no action taken.  I think the problem started with me signing up with a promotion at the end of last month, and then the install didn't happen until the beginning of this month.  In my chat sessions the tech always tells me that the promo code on my order confirmation page has expired.  

Visitor
mjoyce91

Re: Why is my first bill for double play $140 when I signed up for the $69.99 promoti

The lady I talked to on web chat today said some one will call or e-mail me within 24-72 hours. We'll see if that actually happens.

New Visitor
ryanrocks

Good luck--They told me that twice.

I found this in another post, and I am trying this approach:

To get help, you can drop a note to Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).

For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
Account number;
A link to your post

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

Being the first bill it may be pro-rated.

Comcast bills a month in advance. The first bill will include partial month charges plus the full amount for the next month.

Partial charges are dependent upon how many days you used the service until the next billing period begins.The bill should tell you if there are partial month charges.

Ask if this is the case for you.

If you are seeing the summary it won't give you partial charges. You will need to look at the .pdf copy of your paper bill.

To do so

Log  in to Customer Central as the primary user account holder. .

When Customer Central opens, you will see the amount of your bill.

Just above the red Pay now button click Get billing details

OR click the Account & Bill tab

When the billing summary opens, scroll down the page.

On the left side look click  View statement.

To view past bills scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Under Past bills & payments use  the drop-down arrow choose the bill you wish to view.

Click View statemet for a copy of your paper bill in .pdf format.

You can choose whether to open or save it.

You can also print the bill.

*This method will show only the past 12 bills.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Visitor
mjoyce91

Well I'm getting charged $113.60 for the "double play bundle" from 7/13-8/12, so it doesn't seem like there's any prorating going on.

Visitor
lookout1

Your troubles are just getting started... I recommend you use Google and do some research on comcast. If you search long enough I think you will figure out your best course of action. Don't believe what they say believe what you see and watch your bill very closely, hope you have other options in your area.... Good luck.

Visitor
mjoyce91

They finally called me after I talked to them through web chat again. They gave me a $160 credit, so my bill is -$20. That's nice, but if I keep getting charged full price per month, that won't really make up for it.