New Visitor
heather7645
Accepted Solution

XFINITY SUCKS

1. I switched from Verizon/DirecTV to XFINITY for 2 weeks and hated every minute of it! The channels suck, the internet was so slow.  The technician messed up installation, then XFINTIY wanted to charge us to come out and fix installation!  When Verizon/DirecTV came back to the house we cancelled  Comcast.  That was 2 weeks ago, and as of today, they are still charging us for service and say it will be fixed by August 9th.  We cancelled on July 6th! I have never dealt with such chaos! I advise anyone who wants to switch to Comcast reconsider!  IT IS THE WORST FOR TV, INTERNET, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE!
New Visitor
jacrhudan22

Re: XFINITY SUCKS

You are absolutely right. I just opened my bill and was charged an extra $25 this month without any explaination and with taxes its $26.61!!   So now Im paying almost $200 a month for cable!!!  We dont even have any movie channels!!   This is my highest bill,even more then my electric in this overly hot summer. I am a huge Philly sports fan and that is the only reason I have stayed with comcast for as long as I have. Now I am seriously considering switching to Direct TV or if Verizon ever gets Vios in my area I will switch to that. Comcast is really outpricing themselves but unless more people switch plans then the prices are still gonna go up. I sent an email and am now gonna call and see what kind of response I get about my bill. I have a feeling that I wont get any satisfaction.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Look at your last bill and now compare it to this bill, what changed?    If you are not in a promotion you should call comcast and try to get into one to lower your bill. 

Believe it or not in areas where comcast has competition they are very good everything works, cs is great. 

New Visitor
jacrhudan22

Nothing has changed except the price of my xfinity bundled services went up $25 and with taxes and fees it went up $26.61.   Obviously have to look into some kind of new promotion but all promotions are advertised as new residential customers only.

Recognized Contributor
MissyLaneous

You can always try calling the Comcast Retention department and see if they can get you into a promotion.  I've found that if one is in a promotion, they won't give you another for a few months, but give it a shot.

Retention is the option "moving or thinking of disconnecting ..." on the phone tree.  They're only open during business hours:  M-F, 9 - 5 EST.

Remember that when you come off a promotion, you'll be paying the current, prevailing prices so if there was a price increase .... you're getting zapped with it.

jacrhudan22

thanks missy....ive been off my original promotion for awhile thats why i found it strange that all of a sudden my bill went up $26.61 with no warning...i will definitely take your advice.   thanks

Contributor
Hounddette

My Limited Basic went up 100% this month. they say I am off promotion now. I am a senior disabled lady who watches TV all the time, don't drive. I receive no income other than a small social security check. I cannot pay this bill at this price. I called the office but got nowhere, they don't care even though I have had cable since 1980's even before it was Comcast. You would think they would give a PROMO for being a valued customer who never was late paying a bill in over 30 years. I am broken hearted that I will have to cut back more with the serivce to afford it.

New Visitor
lb1971

My bundle rate also increased by 25.00. This is ridiculous. After being a comcast customer for some 20 years. one would think they would really want to keep their loyal customers. I suppose it is now time to check into different providers, as i refuse to pay such a enormous amount just to watch television.

Recognized Contributor
MissyLaneous

Hounddette,

Did you try calling that Retention department?  Like I posted earlier, it's harder than anything to get another promotion back-to-back, however.  Try biting the bullet for a month or two, then try for another promotion.  It might work ....

Believe me, I know what you're going though.  I, too, am a senior on a fixed income, pay on time ... yada, yada.  I wish these companies would feel our pain of trying to squeeze pennies when there's not anything lieft to squeeze.

11 dollar increase here close to 200 here too.

Contributor
verizonswitch

YES   no benefits for long loyal customers

Contributor
Hounddette

A respectfull person from Comcast Corporate Offices called me today. He left a detailed message to my postiing of yesterday regarding my bill going up so suddenly. I am pleased with the investigating he did and the results.

Of course, I missed the call as I was at the doctors office for my monthly checkup. I don't drive because of disablilty and age, so I have to wait for the senior shuttle to take me. I am so sorry I missed the call, it would have been so satisfying to speak to a courteous person from Comcast.

Thank you Comcast.

Houndette

New Visitor
CC3030

I do not know what the problem is lately, but if you do not pay as soon as the bill comes out, they will disconnect you!! I have been having this problem since I have had service! 

Granted, I know about responsibility and paying bills when they are due. However, sometimes we have financial hardships that do not allow us to pay certain bills on time like we would love too! With that being said, they only allow you a 7 day extension to make your payment! Which I think is stupid being that some peoples pay schedule is not normal! Mine is one of them! So I pay my bill when I get paid!

Prime example....My services are currently disconnected for a past due balance for this month. I AM NOT EVEN A MONTH BEHIND AND THEY DISCONNECTED!! First they start with the ALL DAY calling for like 3 days straight to remind you of the bill and then disconnect services!!

I have ALWAYS loved Comcast and have been a customer for years now. I also have more than one account with them, which ticks me off even more! They are slowly going down the drain and I will be looking for a new provider!! I used to tell people that I would never switch to another company, but that has now changed!!

I just think it is unfortunate that Comcast rather loose customers than keep them!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Visitor

[ Edited ]

They are a business and you are right, they don't care. The fools working for them feel bad that the company is screwing you, its a job.  I'm glad I don't work for such! Since my user name is being posted I'm sure I will have even worse service now.  Email won't load, Net is always lagging.   Not staying with these guys  much longer!  Sat is looking better!

New Visitor
mrb1974

I just dropped XFINITY and the reason I've done so is because I can't believe that a movie that's about 1.5 hours longs, gets a 3 hour time slot - which means I'm watching 1.5 hours worth of commercials and PAYING for  the privilege of doing so.  Also, the movies aren't different ones but repeats.  Just this week, Groundhog's Day - which I do like - has been on two or three times a night for the passed week.  I mean come ON!  

It makes me long for the days when I was a kid and used to watch TV for FREE!  

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

post by dfsmith removed because of posting rules violation.

Forum Guidelines

(which everyone should read before making his/her first post) state

Please Don't

2. Use Profanity

Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

mrb1974 wrote:

I just dropped XFINITY and the reason I've done so is because I can't believe that a movie that's about 1.5 hours longs, gets a 3 hour time slot - which means I'm watching 1.5 hours worth of commercials and PAYING for  the privilege of doing so.  Also, the movies aren't different ones but repeats.  Just this week, Groundhog's Day - which I do like - has been on two or three times a night for the passed week.  I mean come ON!  

It makes me long for the days when I was a kid and used to watch TV for FREE!  

You do realize that your new provider will be the same way? Comcast (and other providers) are not the ones who schedule the shows and movies. They are not the ones who are responsible for turning an hour and a half movie into 3 hours. They don't make the decision to show the same move 3 times a week.

Those are network decisions. If someone with Charter or Cox or Direct TV watches it they will see the exact same thing you do when using Comcast-a movie with so many commercials that it takes 3 hours to watch.

I long ago ceased to be amazed by the number of people who think cable/satellite providers have power they don't have and that they control what the networks do.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
TrueBlue280

It is pretty bad when you go to a cable provider's website and THEIR forums are full of threads about how much they suck (which I agree with). I wish Verizon would hurry and get their service going in my neighborhood. I had similar issues that I am having with Verizon, but COMCAST is impossible to deal with.

You call a call center in India or where ever. They create a ticket. They tell me someone else will call in one week, which they do not. I call back and they are completely confused. I go to a walk in service center and they are confused. They say that my service should be fixed in a couple of days.

You can't even view what you are paying for online.

I agree, COMCAST YOU Suuck.

Regular Visitor

I've been a loyal Comcast client since 1996 and had been paying the same amount for years for TV and Internet, my bill started increasing month after month. I finally had to do something with limited finances and 2 boys in college, so contacted Comcast. I talked with Edward, then Jasmine, then Linda, Tom and finally Aquilla who quoted me a total rate of $98.74 for the first 6 months including estimated tax, and an additional $10 after the first 6 months if I reduced my TV plan and signed up for 2 year agreement. I recieved the agreement today and the price for the first year was as agreed but they added $20 to the second year. This is very frustrating, so called Tobia at Comast who said there was nothing that he could do but go back to my previous statement price that is much higher. I have tried to stay with the same company, but I can't afford this service any longer and I am looking at other providers in the area. Ready to switch.

New Visitor
Welcometolife

Technology is not perfect.  The Cable company or satelite company for that matter is not in charge of what the network puts on or the commercials.  The technician or customer service representive you talk to is capable of doing the job they are trained to do, not changing the company they are working for.  Be grateful we have access to this awesome thing called cable, yes it may have been free before.... but it was NOTHING like it is now!!!  If you're not happy with it, try living wth out it.. Try another company, Im sure there will be a chance of billing issues, shows you dont care for on networks, commercials.  There wont be ON DEMAND!!!!!   Love MY XFINITY

Contributor
Big_Murk_716

Omg I got this internet service about 7 months ago now i pay alot more and i only got internet to play my xbox 360. I keep getting disconnected cant send messages it just sucks bad quality for 50 dollars and some change a month fed up getting at&t,anything is better than this. Price keeps raising quality gets lower.

New Visitor

"It makes me long for the days when I was a kid and used to watch TV for FREE!" Yea but we only had ABC, NBC, CBS PBS, and 2 uhf channels, and you had to get up to chance the channel and turn on and off.

New Visitor
Thisiscrapservi

Omg changing from centurylink to Comcast was the worse mistake I ever made in my life and I have made plenty! On 11/15/12 I switched services. I should have know it was going to be a bad experience when the installer couldn't figure out how to make the remote work! The next day I had to call tech support to have my service fixed. Since the. I have been on the phone with Comcast every other day!!! Now my phone Internet and wifi will not work!!! It is the day before Xmas eve and I bought my children iPods for Xmas that I can't even activate because I have no service!!! So now they have ruined my kids best Xmas present!!!! Oh did I forget to mention that my first bill is over $400.00 and there are charges that I should not have!!!! After spending over 2 hours on the phone being transferred from one person to the next they said they would remove $16.95 for my debt charge which was to be free for 6 months but not the taxes!!!!! My next call is to the IRS and better business bureau... Not only are they charging outrageous miss guided fees on my bill, I have a higher cell phone bill because I can not use my phone and my data usage is outrageous because I can not use my desk top computer or my wifi connection!!!! To top it off I have to take 4 hours off work without pay to wait for a tech to come out and figure out why xfinity sucks!! I put 2 calls into the corporate offices but of course they are not in the office due to the holidays. I'm sure they are not experiencing any problems with their systems! Their children will enjoy the tech presents that they have bought for them!!!! they will be in their beautiful homes that they pay for with the money they rip off their customers for!!!! My advice to anyone looking into Comcast or xfinity is do not get caught up in their B.S. do not use their services!!!!!! You will regret it!
New Visitor
Jude412

I have been on Comcast since they took over the cable service in our area several years ago.  Along the way added internet and phone, but now they're pricing me out.  I can't afford almost $200 each month when my neighbors on Directv or Frontier are paying around $125. 

At one time the email went to a system called Smart something, and at that time I lost all my auxiliary email addresses and could not add any; the technicians were not able to get that to work.  Whenever I called, they said that the accounts were there; there for them but not for me!  The switch to Infinity didn't do any better; supposedly I have these addresses even though I can't use them.

When my old cable box died, Comcast put in a DVR without telling me that there would be an extra charge or asking me if I wanted it.  I like the DVR but do not like the underhanded method of adding to my bill.

Speaking of my bill, I used to be able to call up an itemized statement; now all I get is a summary, which isn't helpful in deciding what I could eliminate.

In the beginning I found Comcast to be a customer friendly company with personal service, but that changed long ago.

New Visitor
Bkhmb

I am a new customer. After several fails by them to install things were ok. Although all the commercials during the holidays about investment in customer service obviously not reality. Then I noticed no ESPN Anymore. I called and after 40 minutes hold was told that they made a mistake for many customers that should not have got ESPN. What universe is it where you pay over 100 a month and do not get ESPN? I asked what other channels I will not get now and the person said I needed to check on my own on the website.
New Visitor
Mbr11

Sad that your big concern is use of vocabulary you don't like... When a company like yours causes the kind of frustration and confusion I'm familiar with, people get angry. I think a little profanity is a safe and responsible release of that anger. I personally feel compelled to smash my head against things just imagining you patrolling for naughty words when there are real issues to address.
Security Expert
CajunTek

Mbr11 wrote:
Sad that your big concern is use of vocabulary you don't like... When a company like yours causes the kind of frustration and confusion I'm familiar with, people get angry. I think a little profanity is a safe and responsible release of that anger. I personally feel compelled to smash my head against things just imagining you patrolling for naughty words when there are real issues to address.

Do you have children? They can acess these forums too. Do you want them to read this profanity?

TANSTAAFL!!

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

Mbr11 wrote: Sad that your big concern is use of vocabulary you don't like... When a company like yours causes the kind of frustration and confusion I'm familiar with, people get angry. I think a little profanity is a safe and responsible release of that anger. I personally feel compelled to smash my head against things just imagining you patrolling for naughty words when there are real issues to address.

Comcast makes the rules. We are charged with enforcing those rules. Our "big concerns" are helping people with their issues. When we have to "police" the forums it takes our focus off the primary objective which is HELP with real issues.  If new posters would read the forum posting guidelines prior to making a first post we would not have to spend so much of OUR time enforcing them.

While each person has different views on what constitutes profanity,  we need to remember that what bothers one person may not bother another. We see and hear worse things in our everyday lives. Just because it happens out in the world is no reason things such as that should be posted here.  In order to be an effective help site we need to show respect to all by "keeping it clean".

What is sad is that RESPECT seems to be in short supply these days.

You recently had a post removed. I did not remove it but I know who did. If you have a problem with the removal because your broke the rules you need to express your displeasure to the forum administrator. 

One more thing: Neither Cajun Tek or I are Comcast employees. The company is not ours. We are customers just like you. Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum. Their names are in red and are designated as such.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
Odypin

I have been a customer since 2007 I was truly happy with my Internet service but two months ago I decided I wanted to upgrade and get tv service BIG mistake ..they are charging me for services I never got because the devices never got the signal to begin with, over charging me for a service I was almost force to get and given a false price and after I ask three different times the associate about confirming I was not getting a contract...I will just return their devices and wait until they feel like to respond to my request of a breakdown of charges on my account and I will pay them what I have use but they can report me to the credit bureaus, put a red flag on my credit, send me to collection or anything they want but, I refuse to pay them for a contract cancellation fee from a contract I never agreed to. So until they show any interest in resolving this issue I just gonna keep my money in my pockets and get services from other company that will actually care.
Email Expert
CCCarole

Odypin-

I have notifed the Administrator of your post.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor
MelissaJM

Please tell me who you emailed? I have had MAJOR problems along with 7-9 service calls since i signed up on 9-4-2012 and would like to send a detailed email with copies of bills and credits that disappeared and damage done to my home and furniture by 1st subcontractor.VERY UNHAPPY.My bills are well over 200.00 and no where near contract price! Who do you contact?? I've tried,even through my salesman and have gotten not 1 response to outrageous bills nor an acknowledgement to my damaged wall and furniture! Thank you.

New Visitor
MelVen

Did anyone else get billed for Digital to Analog for $1.99?

Digital To Analog 01/06 - 02/05 1.99
Additional Outlet Service
Digital To Analog 01/06 - 02/05 1.99
Additional Outlet Service

2012 it was billed at $0.00 and now 2013 brings rate increases with my Xfinitiy TV and my internet. Does anyone have a good modem that I could use instead of paying the $7 rental fee? I have got to reduce my spend here or move on to satellite and just use my phone as a modem for internet.....

Contributor
verizonswitch

retension department

New Visitor
toothy123

I  tried to add the nhl package today for $49.99. I was not able to do it from the internet and when I called customer service I was put on hold for 15 mins and counting before I hung up. What kind of company makes you wait 15 mins  to add services. When I had direct TV they let me do it from the remote...Hmmm which company is on it's way up and which will go down....Even Apple found out that its not good to make custys wait for services and products.I have to use Comcast at this house I am renting, but as soon as we get our new house I will be getting my DirectTv back ASAP! How can you run a company like this...complete bs ! Not to mention I have a ton of people I write for and talk with and I am not kidding when I say I will      make it my goal to tell 1000 people about this. I love to talk about good service, but I make it my mission when I find out about bad....Bad service has no place in today's world!

Recognized Contributor

Comcast has a 30 day grace epriod and a 14 day grace period until you get a late fee

Recognized Contributor

Profanity is not an adult way to go about any situtation.

Recognized Contributor

I agree..................no use to curse. You are talking to another HUMAN, remember that!@

New Visitor
TyphoidSammy

Hopefully you ALL are in Olathe, Ks, the next location for Google Fiber. Despite their denial, broadband in this area is a monopoly, AT&T being the only other choice albeit a slow choice. But look out Xfinity... Google Fiber's FULL package is only $120 installed with more TV channels (local and HD) than you have available for $220 a month and GF's internet is EASILY 25-30 TIMES faster, once again, than your most elite package. Monopoly over. 

Xfinity:  0

Google Fiber:  1

New Visitor
CapChap

I travel all over the country and Comcast on the cape is the worst provider I've seen anywhere!

Every channel and almost every show experiences drops in audio throughout the show and stuttering and explosions of pixels throughout the show!

I sat down to watch Bullit the other day. Ask anyone about that movie and the iconic car chase is soon brought up.

The movie was going along o.k., until the car chase and then the movie went crazy! The picture and audio began stuttering, the pixels were all over the screen. I thought it would stop after a few seconds, but it lasted throughout the whole scene!

This is the one scene that makes the movie and it was unwatchable! And this isn't the only show that this happens!

I feel foolish complaining aboutt T.V., but at almost $200 a month, I'm filing complaints with everyone I can think of! We need to band together and get people to file complaints with the Mass Attorney General's office and the states consumer complaint division.

Comcast will do anything possible to stay out of court. They realize that they can't afford to lose a lawsuit in public court because then a precedent is set and other lawsuits will follow.

Please file complaints with the state, Comcast doesn't care about these forums, they hope that we'll be satisfied by venting on this useless site!

New Visitor
CapChap

We've got to get more people to file complaints with the Ma. Attorney General's Office and Consumer Complaints Division.

Comcast does not want to be involved in a court action where they have even a chance of losing because it will set a precedent and other people can then file lawsuits in the same manner. Comcast would go out of business!

They will do almost anything to stay out of court.

Comcast doesn't care about this site. They are hoping to appease us with tiny rebates for disgruntled customers, but nothing is done to really solve the issues of poor quality of audio and video or customer service.

Bronze Star Contributor
wchillman

I agree that the price of Comcast service is way out of line. There is a solution if you are willing to make a few sacrifices. We get great TV as well as internet service for less than 50 bucks a month with absolutely no junk fees. Many Comcast subscribers just aren’t aware of this option and Comcast does not actively promote it. I’ve posted about it elsewhere on the Comcast site but you can click on this link to read more…

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/WE-WANT-NETFLIX-SUPER-HD/td-p/1691409

New Visitor
noreaster31

[ Edited ]
My bill went up 35.00 and I can't get through their number for five days! Unreal
New Visitor
bilbo888

We tried Cumcast for 2 weeks during the summer, under their "30 day free trial", that if you are not satisfied, and cancel within 30 days, you get no bill.  Period.  I even verified this offer when I signed up, and again when I cancelled.

I got a bill for $129, I called they said they'd take care of it.  They brought the bill down to $69, which is still a long distance from free.

I called several more times, especially after getting a letter from a collection agency !  The balls of Comcast !   Comcast assured me this woudl be resolved.  2 more bills, 2 more months, another collection letter.  I've made 2 more calls, they assured me that the next to last call took care of my problem, and the collection agency will be notified within 30 days.   But their automated system still tells me I owe $69.

I know Verizon is horrible about billing, but this is worse than any Verizon billing I have experienced.

I informed my friendly Comcast rep today, that based on my experience, I will NEVER try comcast again, and anytime anyone asks for my advice, I will tell them to RUN, not walk, away from Comcast.

Email Expert
CCCarole

If you need assistance in getting this resolved, send a detailed email to the We Can Help Team.

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Include all of the following in your email

full name

service address

phone number       

account number

link to this thread

full details of the problems

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
Jude412

Just thought I would throw this in:  posted to this forum only time in December 2012.  Three days ago (12/30/2013) received two emails from two differnt people saying thanks for posting, the forums team has been made aware of your issue.

How's that for a timely response?

New Visitor
Marke503

You guys really SUCK. I AM SO F'ing fed up with the 'network errors' on the IOS platform. You should just get completely out of the communications business. You have no business trying to come across as having any expertise in this area.
New Visitor

Re: XFINITY SUCKS - RUN!

[ Edited ]
Just spent 30 minutes being routed to numbers that ended with me being hung up on, then literally got hung up on because I suggested the incompetent fool that told me the security system was "free" was a blatant liar and now was just threatened to return to higher billing AFTER I paid the early them fee of $1100 for canceling my "security contract" which that same fool at my local office told me did not exist.
"The future of awesome" - ?!? RUN!!
New Visitor
joshxcow

Horrible horrible service ever. My wireless connection is 9/10 times not working, I literally smashed there router and brought it in to local store to get a new one. I am paying $94 a month for internet that works 1/10 times.

Contributor
MelissaJM

Now that you mention that, we have problems as well. Internet ALWAYS drops off. I just dont have time to call them and hold forever and go through all the disgnostic BS.

New Visitor
Newserv

I received a call from comcast asking me to upgrade to triple play. She told me I would get free movie channels (3) for 3 months double the internet speed and phone service for a dollar less than what I was paying now. I asked several times if I needed any equipment for the phone - no she assured me. We'll yes I did. No one could explain that to me I had no phone service for 2 weeks. My internet speed is now less than half the speed it was left a terrible mess where they changed out my DVD cords hanging everywhere. No tv for days. Cannot get through on the phone to anyone. Absolute without a doubt worse service ever!!! Oh and I lost the movie channels that I had did not get the channels promised on the phone the gave me two as a favor for all the problems. Complete false advertising