New Visitor
es21

grace period

What is the grace period to pay your bill....

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: grace period

That all depends on where you live and what service you have. 

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

If the bill is not a past due amount it will appear on your NEXT bill and needs to be paid ASAP to keep your service from being disconnected. 

If it is NOT past due and for some reason you cannot pay it by the due date you will be charged a late fee. Comcast will NOT shut off your service if this is the case.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
jclark135

What is the grace period for paying my bill?

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

jclark, the answer is in the post above yours.

Did you not see it when you decided to post here in this thread?

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
antibigbznisadv

How about a simple straightforward answer from a service expert in terms of the number of days after the due date?

Recognized Contributor
sabretooth

antibigbznisadv wrote:

How about a simple straightforward answer from a service expert in terms of the number of days after the due date?

Zero.  The due date is the due date.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

You can pay after the due date but will most likely be charged a late fee.

The "grace period" for paying so your service will not be disconnected is the time between the due date on one and the receipt of the next bill NOT the due date of the next one. A past due balance will have Pay Immediately or something similar on the bill.  

The past due amount must be paid ASAP. Bills are not considered delinquent until 30 days past due.

Official Employee
ComcastNick

[ Edited ]

antibigbznisadv wrote:

Except in the case of a returned payment(ie, bounced check), you will not have your service turned off until the account is 30 days past the due date.  You can still be assessed a late fee before then.

After 30 days, it can be turned off in the computer system, what is called a "soft disconnect", which is easily turned back on once a payment is made.  After the soft disconnect, within 14 days a technician will be routed to the house to physically disconnect the cable(hard disconnect).

Billing policy can vary by area, so your best bet for specific information for your account is to call 1-800-Comcast

Comcast Nick
APSC Supervisor
New Visitor
perisjrgreg9941

do you work for comcast?  don't be rude to jclark.  just answer the guy's question or don't answer at all.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

perisjrgreg9941 wrote:

do you work for comcast?  don't be rude to jclark.  just answer the guy's question or don't answer at all.

1) If jclark had read the thread the answer was already there. And since this reply was posted to a thread started over a year ago one would hope that in that time he/she and others would have gotten an answer by now. Hopefully jclark returned to see Nick's answer.

2) The reason I could not give a specific number of days at the time of my posts is because at that time I did not know that information. I contacted ComcastNick and asked him about it and requested that he post here.

3) My signature will answer your question. It's in every post I make and that included my earlier posts. If you have signatures set to NOT be shown you can enable them to read it.