New Visitor
alane123
Accepted Solution

installation fee 50$

i was not aware of a $50 fee for installing the internet at my appartment. i tried to read all over the internet website and there is no such agreement even if there is comcast should let you know when you sign. i am going to start a dispute tomorrow if they dont remove that fee. furthermore i will leave the company and start a legal dispuste if they dont give me my deposit back tired of company that add extra fee and they dont explain where they come from

Official Employee
ComcastMelissa

Re: installation fee 50$

I'm sorry for the trouble here.  I am reviewing this with our area partners.  We will be in touch with an update by tomorrow. 

Melissa Mendoza
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@comcast.com
New Visitor
alane123

Thank you for the help. my issue was solved very fast.

:smileygrin:

New Visitor
francocab

This seems to be a normal situation with comcast. I added my internet service two months ago. i purchased my own modem. During the first week my internet was going down and failing every night. I called and they send a technician to my house. It test the cable signal and told me that was weak. He said he was going to run a new cable from the comcast outside box directly to the cable modem. He run a cable around 10' long from the outside to the inside of the house directly to the cable modem. A few days later a One time fee of 60 dollars for IN-HOME SERVICE VISIT. I already call three times. Every single time the customer service agent tells me i'm getting a credit that the fee will be removed. A supervisor will check this request and in 2 business days it will be removed. Today my automated payment went thru and i've got deducted from my bank the 60 dollars fee plus tax. Where are the supervisors that no one has take care of this problem. If you add the service and the signal is bad why i have to pay a fee for the incoming cable? How are you providing my the service if you dont run this cable? very unfair. I'm a very unsatisfied customer. What a nightmare comcast!

New Visitor
lisaayers39

Me too I subscribed to internet service yesterday with no problem but today when I call comcast they tell me I need to pay a 50 dollar deposit ..I didnt pay one yesterday, It never prompted me to pay yesterday. Why do I need to pay? Someones not doing there job right. Think I'll just choose ATT.

New Visitor
KyungJan

Same issue! I was not told that there was installation fees!! I paid deposit, $50, too!

The customer service told me they are going to refend the deposit when I cancel the promotion.

Hope to have other various options for wifi!! I wish to have a installation waiver! They should tell before I sign up!

New Visitor
Kasytes

Hi Melissa, 

I was with Frontier for a while since I got so fed up with Comcast billing and pricing, but since I moved, I decided to give Comcast a try.... what a mistake.

I got charged two fees of $32 and $50 for installation which I was never told about. They did not even appear on my first bill!

I tried to do a self- installation; set up 1 TV but other 2 outlets were bad. Comcast technitian came out and added a 3 way cable to the outlet that was working. No information about any fees I will have to pay. 

I get my first bill, $5 fee for activation and wrong amount charged for internet. I was supposed to get promotional rate for 6 months, but was charged regular rate. 

First call to Comcast - after a few transfers to different departments - We are sorry, we will fix this!

I waited a few days, check online, same bill, no letter, automated phone system tells me the same amount. 

Second call to Comcast - again, a few transfers to find the right department - Oh, yes, this is wrong, we will fix this, first attempt to fix was not done right.

A few days later, I check everything since my bill is overdue by now, still the same old rate. 

Third call to Comcast - a few transfers where I have to tell them all of my info - oh yes, we will fix this! You should be charged $33/month and not $60. So she fixes it, and says I owe over $100! I asked why and she tells me about the $32 and $50 installation fees!!! 

WHAT??!!

Comcast - I can take off the $32 fee but no way I can waived the $50.

I asked - do I get a letter with new bill or see changes online to pay?

Comcast - check in a few days the automated phone system and pay over the phone. That is the only way. 

Next day I called, balance adjusted somewhat but still has the $50 charge! 

Could you please take this $50 fee and fix my bill or I am going back to Frontier! 

Thank you

New Visitor
feliperestrepo

[ Edited ]

Dude, they are charging me $100.00 for an installation fee that its because the imput coax cable to the house was cut off and I was unable to complete the self installation and are also charging me $50.00 for a wireless installation fee. Anybody knows why internet service is costing me $450.00 in three months??  And I never got a second bill. This is criminal, WAYYY too abusive!!!

New Visitor
omairedu

I'm just install my modem today

and found my first bill is 129 $

but the agreement was for 47 $

please solve that issue.

username : omaired

New Visitor
kweku500

did you buy your own modem?

New Visitor
c_bradbury7991

Comcast just told me that my house was not wired for their services and they would have to send someone out as my self install kit would not work. It turns out that was not true, my place was wired for Comcast. The tech arrived and told me I would not be charged as the other tech gave me inaccurate information, and then Comcast sends me a $100 bill for installation while also charging me for the time I didn't have service. I called a supervisor and he basically told me that there was nothing in the notes and then asked if I wanted to be sent to the cancellation department... really, Comcast? Thought you all wanted to keep your customers. Ridiculous. Call the tech and find out what happened at least. Wow. 

New Visitor
david_vn

I got here because I recently received my second month bill and found a surprise "install fee - internet" of $35. Check all documents (sale ads, service receipts) from Comcast but this fee is not stated any where. I only signed up for Internet and I was told before signing up that since I was a Comcast customer previously, there will be no installation service charge, unless there's something need to be done on my house.

Called 1800 Xfinity and was told the reason for the charge is because ... "everybody is charged this one time amount" for some setup done on the Comcast side.

It means that I am not the only one getting charged without being communicated to, before signing it up.

This is not a good business practice. If this is a routine charge, it should be communicated to all new customers.

Please refund this amount to all your customers.

New Visitor
kemosaby

save $20 on installation fee with Comcast Xfinity

I first called Comcast. Spoke to a live rep. She quoted $60 for internet install. I decied to place my order on line. I was pleasantly surprised to see a 20 dollar savings. Installation fee when signing up on on line was 'only' $40. Xfinity in Indianapolis, Indiana. :smileylaugh:

New Visitor
Mtellez

REALLY Wish I would have read all these.  I just went through 30 days of H-E-double hockey sticks trying to get my internet and phone up and running.  Was told on day one by the salesperson that there would not be any installation fee since all I needed to do was to swap out my business modem to a residential modem/wireless router at my local Comcast location and they would give me a self installation kit.  After doing that twice (since they thought the first one was faulty), called for a tech since BOTH phone and internet were down, verifying there would not be a charge for the service call, we STILL got hit with a $49.95 install fee.  Escalated the issue and they still would not refund it.  Offered me $25. Did you know anytime you change or add to your service there is a $2.99 fee?  Got hit with that one, too, since we were "new" to residential comcast and that is 'adding' a service.  I was passed from person to person to person (in the USA and out) so much over the last 30 days, I lost track of the number of hours I had spent on the phone, on hold, and getting hung up on or disconnected (most of which was on my personal cell phone, since the Voice phone line was not working).  Truly the WORST customer service I have ever encountered.  (Kudos to the wireless department who actually knew what they were doing, the CS woman at the local center, and the last CS agent who took the time to chat with a supervisor since the general public is not allowed to)  Oh, and after all that the wireless service sucks!  We had to go purchase our own wireless router anyway.  If you have an alternative (unlike me), I would research that option before jumping on the Comcast rollercoaster.

New Visitor
strate7408

The intall fee is so comcast can pay the techs that install your cable and internet if you don't want to have a tech visit than install it yourself thats what i did.

New Visitor
Mayhemlock77

I started with Comcast last month. I have my own modem, etc, yet i am still being charged a $50 installation fee? Why when i am the one who installed it?? This fee needs to be removed...

New Visitor
lwang9

I chat with the custom support online and got $25 credit for the installation fee. However, it charged me about $100 totally.

One-Time Installation Charges     Reconnect Fee $32.30       ACTV AO Same $5.60       Install AMPLIFIER $0.00       Failed HSD Sik $49.50       Monthly Package, Service and Equipment Fees $59.99 One-Time Installation Charges $87.40 Taxes, Surcharges and Fees $7.85   Estimated Total $155.24

New Visitor
lois0609

I was told that I had to pay it regardless of what I was charged.  What a joke.  I am going to cancel

New Visitor
lwang9

Comcast will ask more than 10 question before your cancellation, good luck!

New Visitor
home78

How come I'm being charged $100 dollar Installation fee?? Is this correct, or is it just another thing I was lied about from comcast? 

Contributor
Captain77450

[ Edited ]

The FEES just KEEP coming.........and so do the BROKEN PROMISES.....

In August 2014 I signed up as a NEW custmer for your promotion of Internet service promotional offer for 12 months at $29.99 plus taxes.  I told the Comcast (CC) store employee that my house had never had cable in it three times.  He said I would need to pay a $50 professional install fee, which would provide me ONE INSIDE cable connector in the location of my choice, in my house,  in addition to my first month's service that would come to a total of $83.99.    I agreed.

The CC installer, Jason Smith, arrived on 8/19 and said he did not provide the INSIDE cable connection and that I should hire an electrician to install the cable inside my house and then call CC again.   I ask Mr. Smith how I was supposed to get service if he did not drill a hole thru my wall to place the required inside cable connector.   THIS CC installer did not do ANY WORK or installation of ANYTHING.  That same day I hired and paid an electrician $150 to install the cable inside my house and then called CC. 

When I called, CC scheduled personnel on 8/23 to hook up my cable from their equipment to my, NOW PRESENT,  cable connector on the rear of my house.   This installer's name, that arrived on 8/23 was Benjamin at xxx-xxx-1296.  The ONLY work that Benjamin was required to get my service running was to hook his cable on the back of my house and go into the neighbor's yard to hook the cable to CC's pedestal box.   Since I had my own modem, which I had activated before Benjamin returned to my house from the neighbor’s yard, Benjamin was NOT required to enter my house.   Benjamin did a good job.  When Benjamin left, he said CC would come to bury his cable that ran across my yard in the next two weeks.   Its 9/19 and that cable is still laying in my yard.

So, I call CC service on 8/26 and told them the above and ask for a refund of the "professional" installation charges since CC did not complete the designated professional installation provision of "providing the customer one inside cable connection". 

CC agent named Pau told me that in light of the above that he would refund the installation charges and remove the $50 install charge.  See Reference # HI151 (or H151).

After looking at my first month's bill, I see that it was for service from 8/19 to 9/19, and that a NEW $35 install charge was added.   So I called CC service again and spoke to Ms.Redd in billing and ask her why I was being billed for service that supposedly started 8/19 when there was no working cable run to my house until 8/23.  Ms. Redd agreed to reduce my bill by $5.00 to account for the later service starting date.  Then I ask about the new $35 install charge on top of the original $50 install charge.  Ms. Redd agreed to remove this new $35 install charge.   And now told me that I owed $43.99 TOTAL for the first month's service and all the install fees. 

Therefore, knowing the above and assuming that I was told the truth, my first  bill should have been for 25 days of service..... $83.99 minus $50 minus $5 = $28.99.   I was tired of debating by this time and paid the $43.99 that showed on my online account.

On  9/18, I received my second month's CC bill in the mail.  It said I owe $65.47 which included ANOTHER INSTALL FEE of $35.   This bill should only include the $29.99 service and taxes.

So I called CC service and told them my story.  The supervisor would not remove this "new" $35 install fee. On 9/18/2014, at 6:00pm,  I called back and CC representative "Johnathan" agreed to "reduce my charges by $20 because he did not want to have a new customer with a bad impression".

My current CC service bill date 9/14/2014 should be for $29.99 service plus taxes or close to $30.31

Can you imagine what my impression of Comcast is right now? 

What will my NEXT MONTH's bill be?  I want to make sure that this GAME of adding made up charges and BROKEN PROMISES OF BILLING CORRECTIONS does NOT KEEP HAPPENING.

What are the odds that CC will CHARGE me AGAIN for coming to bury THEIR cable?

Can you say MONOPOLY?  This is the ONLY way Comcast gets away with treating their new customers like this......absolutely unacceptable.  If I ran my business like this, I wouldn't be in business.  The ONLY other business that gets away with this kind of thing is the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.  I told my neighbor that I could not help him because I had to go to the CC office about my CC bill and he said "They do that to everyone, I get SO MAD at them that I cannot go to their office....I have to send my wife".

Take my word for this.  IF you have a CC person show up at your house and you answer the door, you WILL BE CHARGED, even if they do not do anything.  YOU MUST HAVE WRITTEN, SIGNED DOCUMENTATION saying that they will not charge you for EVERYTHING, or you will be charged.  IF you have a CC person on the phone tell you they will correct your bill, and you do not have their name, CC ID number, date and time of the call AND NOTES WRITTEN IN YOUR FILE to document the bill change.........it is all a lie........it will never happen.     Many of CC phone service calls are answered by offshore personnel and they have no authority to correct any billing.   They just tell you what you want to hear to get you off the phone.

DO you think for ONE minute, that if the CC person that signed me up for new service, told me I would have to pay CC $85 for running a cable from their pedistal to the back of my house  AND another $150 for an electrician to install ONE cable connector into my house, in order to get a TOTAL VALUE OF ONE YEAR OF CC INTERNET SERVICE VALUED AT $360, I would have started this process?  Thats more than 65% of the total yearly CC internet service, just to be enabled to PAY CC for these services.......LOL.....NO WAY.   Can you say suckered in?

NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER allow Comcast to do automatic billing.

I am one MAD Comcast customer.

Update:  9-22-2014  CC was scheduled to bury my cable today at 8:00am.  I left at 1:15pm and could not wait any more.  Back at 6:00pm and WHOOOOOOPPEEEEE, CC actually did bury my cable!!!!   Now, Fermeda at the CC office put in the order NOT to charge my account for CC burying THEIR cable.  Anyone want to take odds on charges for this showing up on my account?

Ok, then lets take a look at Comcast's Guarantee:  For me their broken promises included number 3, 4 and 6 below, beside all the stuff above.   This kind of treatment is NOT " a consistently superior customer experience".

3.  CC did not satisfactorily complete installation on the first visit or the second visit and just kept adding on charges for installation.  Their cable is still un-buried and they did not ground their cable.  I had to have my electrician come out again and ground their cable.

4.  "CC technicians will be trained and equipped to complete the job on the first visit. Our Customer Account Executives (CAEs) will be courteous and knowledgeable when you contact us."  CC did not satisfactorily complete installation on the first visit or the second visit and just kept adding on charges for installation.  When I called, most CC employees were pleasant when they were not telling me the truth about the charges.  ONE supervisor lady was yelling at me and refused to continue our discussion.

6. CC did not satisfactorily complete installation or can’t resolve the routine issue during the 30 days following the first visit to your home. CC won’t charge you for a service visit that results from a Comcast equipment or network problem. Their cable is still un-buried and they did not ground their cable.  

Comcast Customer Guarantee
We bring exciting products and unparalleled choices to customers across America with our state-of-the-art video, high-speed Internet, phone and online services. We push the boundaries of innovation and creativity because we want to exceed our customers' expectations.
We are committed to providing Comcast customers with a consistently superior customer experience. If for any reason something goes wrong, we will work to resolve the issue quickly and as professionally as we can.
We make the following guarantees to our customers:
1. We will give you a 30-day, money-back guarantee on our video, voice, high-speed or Home Secure and Control services. If you’re not satisfied with these services and wish to cancel for any reason, you can do so in the first 30 days and get your money back. Simply return all equipment in good working order and we’ll refund the monthly recurring fee for your first 30 days of service, any charges you paid for standard installation and any Home Secure and Control equipment purchased.
2. We will always be on time within your 2 hour appointment window or we'll credit you $20* or give you a free premium channel for three months. As a courtesy, we will call you before we arrive at your home. And if we fail to arrive for a scheduled visit during the appointment window, we will credit you $20* or give you a free premium channel for three months.
3. We will resolve routine issues in one visit or we'll credit you $20* or give you a free premium channel for three months. After the first visit to your home, if we do not satisfactorily complete installation or can’t resolve a routine issue, we will credit you $20* or give you a free premium channel for three months. Additionally, we won’t charge you for a service visit that results from a Comcast equipment or network problem.
4. We will treat you and your home with courtesy and respect. Our technicians will display their Comcast identification clearly when they arrive at your home. They will be trained and equipped to complete the job on the first visit. Our Customer Account Executives (CAEs) will be courteous and knowledgeable when you contact us.
5. We’re here for you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer questions at your convenience. You can contact us regarding any service-related issue by calling 1-800-COMCAST or in any of the following ways:
Live Chat online with a Comcast Technician
Online community forum
6. We will quickly address any problem you experience. If we do not satisfactorily complete installation or can’t resolve the routine issue during the 30 days following the first visit to your home, we will extend a complimentary service to your account. Additionally, we won’t charge you for a service visit that results from a Comcast equipment or network problem.
7. We will continually offer the best and most video choices. We’re working hard to bring more choices to our customers instantaneously by using the full power of our advanced network and decades of television experience. We will use On Demand to bring you dramatically more content choices, including more movies, more sports, more kids programs, more network TV shows and more HD than anyone else.
* $25 credit provided in Comcast systems in Illinois.
Every Comcast employee is dedicated to meeting the commitments above and to exceeding your expectations. We are working very hard to serve our customers better and listen carefully to their feedback. If you have any thoughts or ideas about this Guarantee or about your experience with us, we invite you to share your feedback.

Visitor
joanieannie

I too was charged 50.00 for install, plus 32.99 for  second install.  I moved from one retirement center to another one and the first installer hardly spoke english and did not understand english either.  He told me he could not install comcast cable in this residence, and he just left.  Three days later another installer came, he hooked up the TV (I already had comcast internet) and then charged me twice for installation.  Are you listening Comcast, remove that 49.50 charge or I will completly cancel my service and call Verizon for the Fios triple play.

New Visitor
Gammyx2

I WAS CHARGED A FEE OF $40 AS WELL!!  IN ADDITION TO $30 X 3 FOR THEM TO SEND A TECH OUT FROM THE DAY OF INSTALLATION BECAUSE THE SYSTEM DID NOT WORK PROPERLY!  I WAS TOLD THAT THE PREVIOUS TECH DID NOT INSTALL CORRECT EQUIPMENT... EACH TIME... YET i WAS BEING CHG'D FOR THEM TO COME OUT AND FIX MY INITIAL PROBLEM! 

THEY WILL CREDIT THE CHARGE!  BUT GOOD LUCK GETTING IT DONE!  IT TOOK ME 4 DISCONNECTS AND 4 RECONNECTION FEE CHARGES TO GET THOSE CHARGES CORRECTED!  RIDICULOUS INCOMPETENCE!

New Visitor
dgoaslind

I had the same problem!! Comcast sent out a tech and made it sound like it would be a complimentary service. The tech said he would normally charge for the service he performed, but said he would waive the fee because of the issues we had getting out cable/internet to work.The next day we get a bill for $150 bucks!! what a rip off!! Comcast if you are reading this please fix this problem. Since we started working with you it's been nothing but headaches and miscommunication from reps that barely speak english!

Official Employee
ComcastIrma

Hello, 

my apologies for the delay, I reviewed your account and emailed you some details on a private message.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Comcast Irma 

Official Employee
ComcastIrma

My apologies for the delay, I already reviewed your account and sent you a private message with your account details.

Thank you,

Comcast Irma

Official Employee
ComcastIrma

Sorry for the delay in response.   I reviewed your account and I can see all the credits were already applied, my apologies if those were not apply in a timely manner.    If you need anything, please send me a private message and I can research it for you.   I am here to assist you with any billing questions.

Thanks,

ComcastIrma 

Official Employee
ComcastIrma

Hi Daniel,

I sent you a private message with your account details,  I will be here for you if anything comes up in the future.

Thanks,

ComcastIrma

Official Employee
ComcastIrma