New Visitor
morelandshores

online billpay acting screw-y

so I just made 2 attempts to pay my bill online, entered in all my info, name and creditcard, and it kicked me back to the 'make a payment' screen. 

I then called comcast to inquire as to what happened, got hung up on.

I then went back online and made a 2nd attempt to pay my bill, entered all my info again, and it just gave me a blank screen... no confirmation # or anything, and I'm a bit concerned about my info being out there... did it charge my card? Once? Twice? if not then what happened? 

again tried to call comcast, and now the message says they cannot accept my call due to high call volumes?? I've tried 5 times in the last 10 minutes. This is frustrating to say the least...

what's going on Comcast? 

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: online billpay acting screw-y

morelandshores wrote:

so I just made 2 attempts to pay my bill online, entered in all my info, name and creditcard, and it kicked me back to the 'make a payment' screen. 

I then called comcast to inquire as to what happened, got hung up on.

I then went back online and made a 2nd attempt to pay my bill, entered all my info again, and it just gave me a blank screen... no confirmation # or anything, and I'm a bit concerned about my info being out there... did it charge my card? Once? Twice? if not then what happened? 

again tried to call comcast, and now the message says they cannot accept my call due to high call volumes?? I've tried 5 times in the last 10 minutes. This is frustrating to say the least...

what's going on Comcast? 

At this point I wouldn't attempt it again until someone can verify if any of the payments were accepted or not.  I am notifying the Administrator- Please watch for a reply- He may need account information from you which cannot be posted in the public forms.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
morelandshores

ok. at this point I have gotten through to a rep and made the payment over the phone. It's handled now, although the thought of your online payment process acting funny AFTER I entered my credit card info does not sit well with me. I understand these things happen, however my financial info and the security of that info is important to me. Your company charges those who call in their payment, so it is encouraging customers to pay online, as I always do. This hasn't happened before, and I will treat it as an isolated incident (though it did happen twice in a row today), but I will be keeping a sharp eye on my bank account in case there was any funny business with my credit card info getting skimmed or hijacked while attempting the transaction. I do hope you understand how unsettling it is... but hey, what can I really do about it, right?

Email Expert
CCCarole

I totally understand being upset, I would be as well.  But I don't work for Comcast.  I am a Volunteer that monitors the Forums trying to assist others.  ALL Comcast employees will have their Username in RED.:smileywink:

CC

PS CCCarole stands for my complete real name

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.