Visitor

"Price For Life"????

[ Edited ]

Why was I given a "Price For Life" guarantee on March 17, 2008 for broadband and then my bill GOES UP! Comcast has this commercial about being honest and trusting but I am just not seeing this happen. I can live with the outages I incur once in awhile, or even the slower speeds I get a few times a month but I really do not like being lied to. A promise is supposed to be honored. It seems to me that Comcast can rewrite the rules as they see fit and I just don't trust them.

Regular Contributor
jesteban

Re: "Price For Life"????

Did they say whose life?

Contributor
SLRT

Do you have that "Price For Life" in writing?  It not it just what a sales person told you in order to boost their commision check.

Visitor

[ Edited ]

Comcast sent me an email that states the "Price For Life" guarantee. When I sent an email to Comcast reminding them about this "guarantee"  they said that prices go up and that's the way it is. There was no contract or special offer mentioned or implied. Why they even offered it to me is rather puzzling. It's a hassle to change to another ISP right now, but down the road........

Contributor
SLRT

Do you have proof that you signed up under that offer? If so, do you still have that "Price For Life" guarantee handy?  What does the fine print say?  

Visitor

I did not sign up for this offer. This was sent to me on March 17, 2008 at 2:25:11 AM. It reads as follows; "Comcast Price for Life: The Future's Looking Good.

Great news!

As a valued customer we're pleased to inform you that your Comcast High-Speed Internet service now delivers even more value! While you already enjoy our blazing-fast speeds powered by our advanced fiber-optic network' now your Comcast High-Speed Internet Performance comes with a Price for Life guarantee.

-Price never goes up

-No long-term contract

It goes on to say that they guarantee "our regular everyday price will never go up for our performance service.

New Visitor
ubiquityman

[ Edited ]

I had my prices go up as well...

I used to have a $10 modem discount.  It's been on my bill since 2002.

It was removed last month.  I called in to Comcast to ask why it was removed.

They told me no one did it.  It must have been done by the computer.

"Discounts are only temporary."

I asked them, "do you know that for sure, or are you only speculating?"

They CSR didn't know for sure.  So, they asked me if I had "proof" of this discount.

I said, I have every bill back to 2001.

They told me to take the bill to the local office to show them the proof.

Apparaently faxing was not enough proof.

On Saturday (today), I did just that. The local office told me that the discount is no longer valid.

I said "You mean, Comcast told me to drive down here on a Saturday and waste my morning so that you can then tell me that everything else Comcast told me was incorrect?"

I received the standard "Sorry for your inconvenience".

I called the corporate 1800 number and they said they'd give me $10 for the trouble. 

What in the world!?, $10 doesn't even cover the gas, let alone my time.  Absolutely ludicrous.

Here's an old video ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWrUnXq7GRs&feature=player_embedded

Here's the terms of the contract.

http://www.comcast.com/pfl/

Various News:

http://www.bizjournals.com/albuquerque/stories/2008/03/17/daily30.html

http://www.net4now.com/?p=7057

Note it says:

5. Comcast may revise, alter, modify or terminate the Program and its related terms at any time, with or without notice to you. Any changes to the Program shall be posted at www.comcast.com/pfl or such other url as Comcast may designate from time to time.

Does that mean that they can end the program for new subscribers, or also for existing subscribers?

It sounds like Comcast can make ANY promise them want to Customers with a clause "Comcast may revise, alter, modify or terminate the Program and its related terms at any time, with or without notice to you."

That's really misleading advertising to say "Price for Life",

then turn around and say "oh, Surprise, too bad, we changed our minds."

Comcast's advertsing practices seem very unethical to me.

New Visitor
Dude1234567890

As of today, the program is cancelled outright.