New Visitor
jhornstein

What the heck happened to AMC?  The *only* reason I susbcribed to Comcast was to watch Mad Men, and all of a sudden it disappeared.  What gives?  And how can I get a refund?

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

Re: AMC?!

Didn't hear anything about Comcast, but AMC just had an add saying that Direct TV was dropping them..

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

[ Edited ]

AMC has been in Digital Preferred for me for years. One of the first channels Comcast removed from Digital Starter (Expanded Basic at the time) when they took over from Time Warner.

When they move channels it doesn't surprise me anymore. It only took 3 months after the swap for them to remove AMC and a couple of other channels. Future omen

ed, AMCs website says Dish is dropping them. Didn't see anything about DirectTV there.

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

Might have been dish (it's the alzheimer's).  I guess I'm in the lucky group as AMC is still Digital Starter here..

Bronze Star Contributor
TurnerBrewer

AMC is still in my Digital Economy package.

Visitor

It's gone for me too, I have the digital starter package, so I can afford some decent TV, i.e. HBO and Showtime and now AMC says Not Authorized. Sucks cause I was looking forward to Breaking Bad. This came as a complete surprise to me as my TIVO is taping some old episodes but there is nothing to record. Now I have to wait for Netflix to pick it up after the season is over. This is getting ridiculous Comcast, should I just sign my check over to you so I can watch some TV worth watching once in a while? No wonder you're losing your customer base and have to give away Visa gift cards to replace your base but what happens when they cut the cord too? Exactly. 

Visitor

I contacted Comcast and sure enough AMC had been moved to the next highest tier. The customer service rep was very helpful and told me I could add it for 9.99 a month for a year instead of the normal rate of 19.99. Of course I said yes and now I can watch Breaking Bad. Thank you Comcast for the great customer service. I still think your pricing is to high but you get what you pay for.

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

Unfortunately we don't know who is gouging us (Comcast or the cable channels).  To me they are making a strong case for going back to Network TV and what can be obtained via the internet.

New Visitor
starymist

Call Comcast, be polite (it isn't the fault of the person you are speaking to..they have no control over what happens) and POLITELY ask for a credit.  They will give it to you if it is a reasonable amount.