Recognized Contributor

Add and delete reminders

[ Edited ]

How do I add and delete reminders on my DVR?

Thank you.

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

Re: Add and delete reminders

[ Edited ]

The same way as on a regular box. You have to go to the program in the guide, go to the info screen for it, then click the bell icon to set or clear a reminder.

Recognized Contributor

Thanks Andy.

Contributor
Stanley1212

I realize this post is over a year old, but apparently so is the problem.

There is no efficient way to delete outdated or unwanted recurring 'reminders'.  You cannot delete it or edit its settings or otherwise access the reminder options once the reminder appears on the screen. 

You must do it ahead of the reminder - and on my digital converter (which I received about a year ago, so it's not like this is an old, decrepit unit), there is no indicator showing a program has a set reminder.  I have to either remember when the reminder USED to be, or watch for it to pop up, literally take note of when it was set for, wait 'til next week, within a day of when it's set to go off again, and then delete it. 

And to make matters worse, I made the mistake of having the maximum number of reminders set, which blocked me out of accessing any reminder settings ever. 

Long story short, with the help of a tech who actually listened to my problem and realized too that there was no other way to do it, my converter box was re-initialized.  This meant erasing all programming reminders (yay!) but it also wiped out my favorite channels lists and saved searches.  I was okay with this, because there is also no way to delete saved searches once they have been saved. 

So here's your resolution: 

Call or 'online chat' Comcast.  You will need your account information and the serial number on your digital converter.  Have this ready - the first tech disconnected my chat because I took too long (90 seconds) to go get the serial number, even after I had to wait 10 minutes for a tech.  :\

Tell them you are unable to delete your programmed reminders or access the settings and that you need to have your digital box re-initialized.   Upon realizing this is the only way to fix this problem they will finally reinitialize the box, wiping out all of your programmed reminders, saved searches and favorites lists.  Other than that my converter is now working fine and I no longer have out-dated reminders popping up all the time.

From now on I will remind myself on my cellphone for recurring tv shows, and use the ones on the digital box for 1-time reminders only.

New Visitor
Sueb43

After you set a reminder, the bell icon no longer appears for that program.  Like the following poster said, you have to have the box reinitialized to make the stupid things disappear.  Really poor solution.

New Visitor
ddferrari

[ Edited ]

Not so fast, Stanley1212. What you're claiming cannot be done actually can.

Locate the program in the guide after you see the reminder. Highlight it with the cursor buttons.

Press the "day +" (red 'C' button just above the page down key) to advance the guide one day at a time. Each press fast forwards the guide to the same channel and time- 24 hours into the future.

You can see which day you're on just above the first channel number on each page. My guide had no problem showing what's on 7 days in the future.

Once you find the future showing in the guide, follow the steps:

Make sure it's highlighted.

Press "info". The "bell" icon is back!

Select bell, scroll to "don't remind".

Push "OK". Done

Contributor
DVDmike

I certainly cannot find the bell to cancel a reminder for a program that has already started. STUPID STUPID STUPID comcast and Motorola !

Every time I hit the OK button now, I get that STUPID reminder and I cannot use the up and down arrows to select a new channel. I was reminded once, I don't need a constant remider every time I want to browse channels! I have to say again...STUPID STUPID STUPID
Contributor
DVDmike

Wrong, you cannot clear a reminder once the program has started. You can only clear further reminders.
New Visitor
Lisabecky

Awesome. THANK YOU This worked.

New Visitor
Fire3821

[ Edited ]

All that y'all have said is well and good.. But what do you do when you get dozens of reminders that are from programs you do not watch? Now, you're the only person in the house.So, it leads one to believe you're the only person programming the TV. And you know you're not programming these off-the-wall shows to be watched. So, who was programming these programs you never would watch in the first place. And since you don't know what programs,This invisible person programed for you, How do you know what to look for to delete them? I have talked to at least 15 different Comcast agents/representatives in the last 5 to 6 months, not one of them had any idea what the "reminder" was more that the "bell " even existed. But like Stanley said they offered to clear my box and we started all over from the beginning. Within three days I'm getting programs that are put on the reminder list that I did not put there. Every single time!

One of you suggested just getting  a DVR,  the next person said will so let me play  an extra $16 a month for DVR .  That is fine except for those of us who are on a very  limited income, there isn't  a lot you can do if you want to have TV  these days you have to pay for  in one way or another.  Comcast/Xffinity  offers the "reminder" as part of the package we  are pfor now.  So, Why should we have to pay  for something else,  when  we are already paying  for something  that should work..... If it is part of our package, they should make it so that it is usable.  And their  agents should  know what the silly thing is!

If anybody actually figures out how to use this thing  out clearing your box every three days, please email me and let me know.

Thank you